Scottish Cup: Exit or Prevail?

What does this weekend bring for all us league 1 sides in the cup I wonder? I fear annihilation but i dream of a shock and they would some be shocks!

Dumbarton start us off at just after midday against an Aberdeen side who themselves are struggling to score. Failed to score in 9 out of their last 10 games. The Dons do have a strong squad and will be looking to impress new manager Stephen Glass. Didn't the Sons draw with Aberdeen a few years back?

Falkirk and Cove will get a "doing" I'm fairly sure of that. Cove are prioritising the league and rightly so. We're within touching distance of top spot, although still have much to do to catch Falkirk and play Clyde 48 hours after visiting Ibrox. We will drop at least 3 key players in our cup tie tomorrow I suspect.

Forfar, EF and Clyde all have reasonable chances of making the last 16.

My prediction is Forfar might sneak through, albeit Edinburgh  City are rejuvenated it seems under Gary Naysmith and will feel they can come away with the Win.  They have goalscorers and players who could play League 1.

East Fife with Fash I would have been more encouraged to say they could beat Morton, still could get a result.

Is Goodwillie back for Clyde? Depends what Clyde turns up on the day.

Good luck all

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I expect Montrose to progress. I've backed East Fife, Forfar & Clyde should also give a good account of themselves.

Wins for Dumbarton, ourselves or Cove will make for a very entertaining evening on P&B.

More than anything, I'm hoping for a Clyde win to increase the chances of this shitshow season being capped at 18 games.

8 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I expect Montrose to progress. I've backed East Fife, Forfar & Clyde should also give a good account of themselves.

Wins for Dumbarton, ourselves or Cove will make for a very entertaining evening on P&B.

More than anything, I'm hoping for a Clyde win to increase the chances of this shitshow season being capped at 18 games.

Apologies Mo fans I somehow forgot about you even though I bought a ticket to watch the  game against The Broch today.

I've seen a bit of Fraserburgh over the years and they are very good side. Will be a more competitive game than Nairn for sure. Not like that will be news as you know their pedegree already!

Suspect Montrose will get through but watch out for Scott Barbour.

Seeing as there’s no chance of us winning the league, I’d love to progress in the Cup. But we’re fucking honking and United will stroll past us without getting out of first gear.

Edited by Nightmare

I'd concede the tie right now for a place in the play offs. No fussed for the cup this year, I hope we come through the game injury free and give a good account of ourselves just like the last time we played and beat Morton in the cup. 

3 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

Montrose scrape through 4-2 with a below par performance 

Yeah I watch it and Mo were nowhere near their best but McLean's overhead kick was impressive and over 90 minutes deserved to be in the next round.

25 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Yeah I watch it and Mo were nowhere near their best but McLean's overhead kick was impressive and over 90 minutes deserved to be in the next round.

Even better than the one against Cove! Big Rusty has some goals in him, he wasn’t too good last season but he is on fire this season

2 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

Even better than the one against Cove! Big Rusty has some goals in him, he wasn’t too good last season but he is on fire this season

I know, belter again! Even managed to look quite natural an overhead kick even though he's 8ft 5!!