Celtic Club Cup - Scotland, Wales, Ireland Cup

My new addition to this trophy. Would be to add teams from Brittany to a Celtic Nations Club Cup. 

There are massive sides in Brittany, such as Rennes and Nantes, 

Also the big Welsh sides in the English league should be in the trophy. these are Wrexham, Merthyr Town, Cardiff City, Swansea City and Newport County, 

Also I think it is vital to have one team each from Cornwall and the Isle of Man. I know they would not be massive sides but they are as big as clubs in Scottish League One, so it would not be small sides by Scottish standards.  Plus Cornwall and the Isle of Man are proud Celtic nations, so should have a side each in the trophy, 

I think it would be a group stage trophy in the first phase followed by single leg knockout rounds, leading to a final at one of the competing sides stadia 

My idea would be a to replace the Scottish League Cup with a Celtic Nations Club Football Cup. Where the big Celtic club sides play each other. 

Imagine games like Glasgow Celtic v Swansea City,. Aberdeen v  Nantes, Dundee United v Newport County, Glasgow Rangers v Cardiff City, Shamrock Rovers v Nantes, Wrexham v Linfield, and Motherwell v Cork City.

This could awaken sleeping giant sides in Wales, Ireland and Cornwall.  

It would be a decent trophy. I accept it would not be like Real Madrid v Barcelona, or Juventus v PSG. But most Scottish Premiership games are like Ross County v St Mirren or Dunfermline v Greenock Morton. Which are big games. But that is a typical Scottish Premiership or Scottish Championship game,. So Wrexham, Newport County, Shamrock Rovers, Cardiff City, Swansea City, Nantes, Rennes,  Swansea, Linfield, would be good additions to the roster of teams to play for Scottish Premiership sides, 

I would love Aberdeen to play a few competitive games each year against Irish, Welsh, and Breton club sides,

It would mean great trips to beautiful parts of the Celtic nations countryside. 

My view would be all Scottish Premierships sides, the big Welsh sides in the English league would be automatically in  the trophy., Plus the big Breton sides, plus selected sides from Northern Ireland, the Welsh Premier, and the Republic of Ireland. 

Teams would need to finance their own travel costs. So you do not get tonnes of part time sides in the trophy.

This should be a full time professional trophy for all the elite sides in the Celtic nations, 

This trophy would be on top of the Scottish Premiership, Scottish Cup, and European games. 

UEFA allowed Irish and Welsh sides in the Scottish Challenge Cup. So UEFA should allow this idea. 

People will say what about travel? But look at the trips teams have to do in European trophies, the MLS, North American sports leagues, or the Australian, Chinese, Indian, and Brazilian sports leagues. One trip to Brittany, Ireland, and Cornwall a season is not too much to ask. 

The Celtic lands cover a population of 20 million people. So this would be a good market for Scottish clubs to enter. 

OK for this to work it would need the four big Welsh clubs in England but the FAW would demand equal representation for the LoW. So that's eight Welsh clubs needed.

No way the SFA, IFA and FAI would accept that without equal representation. So, already, we have 32 teams before we get onto the Breton, Cornish and Manx sides. 

Isle of Man - do we take the Manx League teams or do we just take their single team in the English league? Let's, for easiness sake, say the team in the league system.

Brittany? How we do declare who is Breton? Nantes was a Breton city and some people there still celebrate Breton roots but it is not part of the department of Brittany. It is in the department of Loire-Atlantique within Pays de la Loire. So do we only include current or historic Breton teams? Upper Brittany is certainly, even historically, more Romance than Celtic. If we limit French sides to those in the Championnat National and above then currently we have the following clubs available: US Concarneau, Stade Briochin, En Avant Guingamp, FC Lorient, Stade Brestois 29 and Stade Rennais. That's six in Brittany proper. That's 39 clubs. 

Cornwall? Simple. The highest placed Cornish team in the English league system gives us a nice, round, 40 clubs. This will be split into 8 groups of five. Two home games, two away games, and the eight group winners into the quarter finals. A random draw, using these rules, gives us this cup:

Group #1
St Johnstone
Crusaders
Aberdeen
St. Pat's Athletic
Truro City

Group #2
Derry City
Stade Rennais
Cardiff City
Connah's Quay Nomads
Penybont

Group #3
Glenavon
Ballymena United
Wrexham
Newport County
St. Mirren

Group #4
Linfield
Stade Brestois
En Avant Guingamp
Rangers
Shamrock Rovers

Group #5
Larne
Sligo Rovers
Waterford
Cliftonville
Bala Town

Group #6
Glentoran
The New Saints
Coleraine
US Concarneau
Finn Harps

Group #7
Stade Briochin
Livingston
Dundalk
Motherwell
Isle of Man FC

Group #8
Celtic
Bohemians
FC Lorient
Swansea City
Hibernian

Looks shite. Although Aberdeen and St. Johnstone fans would fucking love an away day to Truro.

ETA: I would disgusted with myself for taking the time out of my day to work this out usually but it was a good skive.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix