Brora Rangers vs Stranraer

Came on to see what was in match thread for this but there isn’t one. This will be a hard game for us after what Brora did to Hearts. They will be right up for this game. We have to be at our best and go for it from start. Pity it’s no fans it would have been somewhere new to go to.

Could just as easily be in the Lazy Journalism thread but the standard line in the press seems to be 'Brora nearly claimed another cup scalp against Stranraer' when in fact Brora were strong favourites with every bookmaker to win the tie. 

It's trotted out time and again how the likes of Kelty Hearts and Brora would thrive in the SPFL, but Stranraer have seen both of them off in the last two rounds of the cup. The same Stranraer who went a calendar year without winning a game. 

Just saying

Edited by blue_1870

Could just as easily be in the Lazy Journalism thread but the standard line in the press seems to be 'Brora nearly claimed another cup scalp against Stranraer' when in fact Brora were strong favourites with every bookmaker to win the tie. 
It's trotted out time and again how the likes of Kelty Hearts and Brora would thrive in the SPFL, but Stranraer have seen both of them off in the last two rounds of the cup. The same Stranraer who went a calendar year without winning a game. 
Just saying

I’ve no doubt both of these clubs would do well in the SPFL. My real gripe is that a lot of the people who trot it out know little about clubs in League One and League Two, and only ever bother to watch us when we are losing a cup tie in what they call an upset.

We were poor yesterday for spells of the 90, but could have made life a lot easier if we had scored one or two of our few early chances. I’d also have loved to see the offside incidents from the stance of the BBC camera, but they didn’t show them. We were there for SFC Live but we were at the other end of the pitch.

But the squad kept going, and dug in. And a testament to our squad is the difference all of the subs made when they came on. Jinky and Matty scored, and both Joao and Tom freshened us up.

Tbf, still need to acknowledge how few games Brora have played this season. And want to add what a hospitable club they are.

4 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

I’ve no doubt both of these clubs would do well in the SPFL. My real gripe is that a lot of the people who trot it out know little about clubs in League One and League Two, and only ever bother to watch us when we are losing a cup tie in what they call an upset.

Yes, but are they just mini-Gretnas?  It’s hard to see that villages would be able to sustain teams in the SPFL in the long run without significant ongoing financial support from owners.  Once the pyramid settles down I would think towns like Irvine, Kilwinning, Dalkeith, Penicuik and a few Highland towns will have a better chance of a sustainable presence in the SPFL.