The Spiders v The Binos

Tight game which I though we edged. Massive win in the context of the season. 

Daryl Meggat was really good for the most part and was rarely troubled by our front two who both had poor games. 

Stand out players for QP were the two full backs. Patterson has really come in to a game.

It really is time for Mchugh to come out the team and McLean should not be getting picked ahead of Jai again any time soon. Dreadfully poor from both of them.

Assuming he is back on Tuesday I would like to see Simon Murray straight back in the team alongside Baynham up front. 

22 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Firstly, absolutely buzzing with those 3 points in a game which was for the most part very stuffy and uneventful. Defence was solid as a rock and dealt with any of Stirling’s somewhat limited attacks. You could tell they missed Andy Ryan on the park. 

Personally, I thought Brody Paterson was motm, he looked extremely comfortable on the ball from left back and defensively gave nothing away. Would be extremely harsh to drop on Tuesday if Robson is available 

Quitongo quite simply starts every game for me. Was surprised he was dropped initially but today and like most of the season, he’s absolutely electric down the right wing and he really provides an outlet on the counter when Stirling were mounting the pressure 

10 points clear off the nearest challengers and I’d say today’s result has effectively wrapped up the title. Happy Days

We still have 9 games to play. 2 each against the 2 cities and another against Stirling. Nothing has been won yet.

Think that’s pretty much that when it comes to Queens Park winning the title and fair play to them today, they were the better team in a stuffy match.

Nothing to really say that hasn’t already been said above.

21 hours ago, Skol1867 said:

I understand people want to know everything that is going on with the players but as a club we haven't given out detailed injury updates going back to Gus taking over so it is not exactly new. It is also possible the absences could be Covid related with either a positive test or self isolation and would be totally understandable for the club keep that information in house. 

Hopefully the available squad will get the job done and keep up the momentum.

I suspect you have hit the jackpot with your theory. All three absentees available for Tuesday according to Ray.

Great to hear some news from the gaffer on the missing.  Thought we were up to mostly everything that came our way today and should have been 3....at least. Comedy miss from Sal who still looks off the pace and Baynham was fairly pedestrian when he came on ---otherwise everything looks shiny and gives a warm glow...

3 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

We still have 9 games to play. 2 each against the 2 cities and another against Stirling. Nothing has been won yet.

Lol

Nothing won yet but playing against guys knocking their pan in at work all day then playing 2/3 games a week while QP players sit in the steam room and are fed black grapes.

I think the league is pretty safe !

Still a bit confused with the loan players? 
Clubs usually bring in loans to fix a problem. We were 5 or 6 points clear and have the largest squad - what was the problem? Don’t get me wrong- Connell is brilliant and will have a premiership career- clearly Sal is off the pace. 
Now that we are 10 clear, I’d prefer to see full time squad members get a chance and continue to build a strong future for the club. 

Real battle today against a well organised side. Not a lot of goalmouth action and what there was of it was mainly of the slapstick variety. The work rate and application of the players was excellent again. My one worry about guys dropping down on good money is whether or not they'd fancy it when it came down to a scrap. Week after week they've shown they're up for it. Wee bit fortunate with the goal, but Sal should burst the net with at least one chance and Galt should score as well, albeit a brilliant save by the Binos keeper. They probably should have equalised with a free header that their player somehow didn't really connect with.

Said the other night that Michael Doyle was my Player of the Year, so far. Consistently good every single week, but maybe in an area of the park that doesn't get the headlines. Also Paterson's best game for us by a mile. A three points that feels very, very important in the context of our season. We can't afford to switch off or think we've achieved anything yet, though. Keep the foot on the accelerator and keep doing what we're doing and we'll be extremely difficult to catch from here.

Not unexpected result yesterday predicted Queens to win 1-0 and they did, might have been more but poor finishing let them down. For the Albion did not create much only real chance we had fell to Jack Leitch who failed to connect with a header. Defensively felt felt we did well but lack of firepower up front cost us any chance of getting anything. Onwards to Tuesday night when we face Albion Rovers, 3 points is a must.

QP worth their win today, we competed but offered almost nothing  in attack, I felt sorry for Sean Heavey and Dylan Mackin, they had no service but put in a fair shift running after lost causes and hopeful long balls.

Soft goal to lose by, the defence seemed to get in each others way 5 of them in the 6 yard box against 2 attackers. Second half the defence laid on a couple of gilt edged chances which QP couldn't take.

2 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I see the QP media team opted to omit the Sal blunder from the highlights. 

All part of the propaganda machine. They're still trying to convince us that McHugh scored the first at Brechin. No doubt because he was the "nearest" QP player to the guy that smashed the o.g into the roof of the net. I await Grant being awarded the winner from this game then. 

5 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

All part of the propaganda machine. They're still trying to convince us that McHugh scored the first at Brechin. No doubt because he was the "nearest" QP player to the guy that smashed the o.g into the roof of the net. I await Grant being awarded the winner from this game then. 

I think McHugh and McKinnon go back a few years. He can’t take penalties from the bench... 

Edited by QPSpider1867