The Spiders v The Binos

League 2 game of the day at Falkirk Stadium. Can the Binos upset the odds and stop the Queens juggernaut from increasing their lead at the top or will the Binos fall by the wayside like other teams, that is the question to be answered come 4.50 pm.

Personally I would like to think we could cause an upset here but given our injury worries at the moment with it looks like Andy Ryan our top scorer out it looks like Queens are the favourites to take the 3 points.

Prediction Queens 1 The Albion 0 ☹️

Will be interesting to see if there's anything in the match programme to address the concerns of supporters. The club has been approached by a number of fans, politely and constructively inviting them to comment on various issues. Beyond a courtesy email in return, my understanding is that absolutely no responses have been forthcoming. 

I think it would be a mistake to think that the issues are going to go away because people can't get to games. 

On the game itself, we have to replicate what we've shown since we've come back. Stirling are a good side who will undoubtedly have chances to hurt us at times during the game. However, we should be looking to lay down a marker that nobody is going to knock us from our perch. 

Massive game against a team that will provide a tough test. Guys like Andy Ryan and Kurtis Roberts are players I’m a big fan of and would not of been adverse to have had them at QP this season. Going by some Stirling fans on here, there’s a possibility that Ryan will be out tomorrow ? 

Despite that, we’ve came back from the break looking better than we have all season. Everyone knows their roles and we’re playing more as a unit. However, the most pleasing aspect is how much more threatening we are going forward. We’re really starting to see the best of Louis Longridge now and you follow that up with Jai Quitongo on the opposite wing, it really is a frightening prospect at this level. 

Going by the preview it seems like Murray and Robson will be missing again which is gutting. Think I’d be tempted to go with Baynham and Sal up top. I’ve been trying to see positives from Mchugh but quite simply he’s not done anywhere near enough to merit a start in my opinion. A rest for a couple games might do him the world of good 

Edited by qpfc

19 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Going by the preview it seems like Murray and Robson will be missing again which is gutting.

The preview says On the squad front the gaffer confirmed that he has no fresh injury concerns ahead of the game and is likely to have the same squad at his disposal to what he had at Cliftonhill midweek.

Since Murray and Robson are not injured (as far as we know), is it the case that they were rested at Coatbridge, and he still has the 'same squad at his disposal'?

Simon Murray is a player I was really looking forward to see playing with Queens and after his return against Cowdenbeath where he was excellent and seemed fitter and right up for it things were looking good.  So where is he ?. No mention anywhere unless I've missed it. Can anyone shed any light what has happened to our 'star' player?.

News on Murray please ..updates are now becoming something of a joke regarding who is available..if players are out I would like to be told and what the problem is ...Murray was fantastic the last game he played full of running the whole game ....out now for two weeks with not a mention from our club...anybody know what is going on ?

21 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Simon Murray is a player I was really looking forward to see playing with Queens and after his return against Cowdenbeath where he was excellent and seemed fitter and right up for it things were looking good.  So where is he ?. No mention anywhere unless I've missed it. Can anyone shed any light what has happened to our 'star' player?.

It’s weird, we’ve had 3 previews since and not one of them has actually mentioned Murray or Robson’s unavailability. I can understand maybe if there’s a 50-50 chance of playing and you don’t mention the name but I just find it baffling that a 2 week absence that consists of 4 games has no mention of our star players being out. 

I don’t want to criticise constantly but I can’t think of any logical reason why we’re so secretive and around the bush with saying players are out. 

Good to see an update on the injury situation regarding Craig Slater though. Seems like we won’t see him for the rest of the season which is sad to see as we really do tick with him controlling the midfield. Will be interesting to see if McKinnon will pursue with him for next season given his quite frankly horrendous injury record 

Edited by qpfc

I understand people want to know everything that is going on with the players but as a club we haven't given out detailed injury updates going back to Gus taking over so it is not exactly new. It is also possible the absences could be Covid related with either a positive test or self isolation and would be totally understandable for the club keep that information in house. 

Hopefully the available squad will get the job done and keep up the momentum.

I hope I'm wrong but Andy Ryan is likely to miss this game given the way he limped off on Tuesday night.

Nevertheless, we have good replacements at hand. A very difficult game and I'm hopeful we can take something from it.

Can I ask why is today’s game at the Falkirk stadium 

Queens Park have now vacated Hampden and Lesser isn’t ready to move into. Think the Falkirk Stadium with Ochilview as a back up plan was the best/only offer open to them until the end of the season.

Thought we were quite poor in attack today and not because we were missing Andy Ryan for most of the game. Defensively okay but towards the end I remembered why I was glad Jordan Allan left the club after his previous spell.

Queens deserved the win and never in danger really. Also they missed a couple of sitters.

Excellent hard fought win. I believe if we had Murray on the field it would have been comfortable. Salim looked off the pace and McHugh worked hard but did not show. Impressed with the cameo from Baynham and Quitongo. I would start them on Tuesday. Paterson's best game so far and the defence looks so comfortable. League over for me.

Firstly, absolutely buzzing with those 3 points in a game which was for the most part very stuffy and uneventful. Defence was solid as a rock and dealt with any of Stirling’s somewhat limited attacks. You could tell they missed Andy Ryan on the park. 

Personally, I thought Brody Paterson was motm, he looked extremely comfortable on the ball from left back and defensively gave nothing away. Would be extremely harsh to drop on Tuesday if Robson is available 

Quitongo quite simply starts every game for me. Was surprised he was dropped initially but today and like most of the season, he’s absolutely electric down the right wing and he really provides an outlet on the counter when Stirling were mounting the pressure 

10 points clear off the nearest challengers and I’d say today’s result has effectively wrapped up the title. Happy Days