Formartine United v Motherwell

Less than 48 hours to go and no thread?

I would have loved to have gone through the usual ticket scramble shenanigans that comes with this sort of game and then made a day of it but it's not to be. Ppv being offered at £12 though.

No idea what to expect from Fortmartine - just hoping we don't do a Hearts (or Albion Rovers).

4 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Less than 48 hours to go and no thread?

I would have loved to have gone through the usual ticket scramble shenanigans that comes with this sort of game and then made a day of it but it's not to be. Ppv being offered at £12 though.

No idea what to expect from Fortmartine - just hoping we don't do a Hearts (or Albion Rovers).

If we hadn’t just had a two week break I would have said mix up the team a bit but perhaps use the subs early if we get a lead.  No assumptions though.

I'd been wondering about how we'd line up for this as the 4-1 against Killie blowing up in our face would probably have been a sensible point to bench Maglorie and Lamie with Gallagher starting now his "injury" seems to have cleared up and he's been available from the bench.

Then again he's only played 24 mins of football since January and has spent the past fortnight parked on Scotland's bench being told to think about what he's done.

If his shoulder's not a problem I'd expect Mugabi to come back in what with him signing a new deal and the club emailing everyone about it.

Also, Donnelly has been popping up in the background of the training #content for a while - I'd be curious to see if he makes any sort of appearance. That would be nice.

I don't see us making any wild changes and resting half our team but it's difficult to argue against bringing some of our objectively "better" players back in after injuries.

Edited by capt_oats

Ive got the feeling that we will either:

A. Stoll it and beat Formartine United comfortably or

B. Pull a hearts (repeat teh Albion Rovers game).

Its either or. No in between

Edited by Phillips455

3 hours ago, ropy said:

I see this as the same as the midweek Scotland game, I predicted 4-0 with two goals in each half, this is how it should go tomorrow too.  4-0 to Motherwell, no disrespect intended.

That's being respectful tbh.

7-0 

21 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Match Programme, £2.50 + £1.50 p&p

Features Paul Lawson on the cover, twice, but don't let that put you off. This could be worth a few bob one day if - heaven forbid - a giant-killing act of Brora Rangers proportions occurs.

image.png.de7c77bca75f1192f2c15c1e853a9468.png

It would be bigger than Brora beating Hearts IMHO - the lads from Pitmedden are a decent Highland League side, but Brora are by some distance the best team in that league.  Plus Hearts are second tier diddies, and the Steelmen are an established top tier club and proud members of The Big Four (I wonder whatever happened to that thread?).  

15 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Having spent the last week laughing at my Hearts supporting pal I am absolutely expecting us to make a rip roaring c**t of ourselves today.

Lets be honest it would not be a huge surprise. If Brora can beat Hearts and North Macedonia can beat Germany..... you get my point. 

In saying all that. Formartine have only played a handful of competitive games. Some may argue that is still more than us 😉 this season. But that lack of match practice must also count you would think / hope. 

We have had dubious attitude in quite a few games this season, but hoping we turn up and give 100%. If we can do that and get an early goal we should b OK. Then we will get Rangers or Celtic whilst St Johnstone will get Brora on their way to another final probably against Hamilton (not bitter nor jealous). 

3 minutes ago, resk said:

It would be bigger than Brora beating Hearts IMHO - the lads from Pitmedden are a decent Highland League side, but Brora are by some distance the best team in that league.  Plus Hearts are second tier diddies, and the Steelmen are an established top tier club and proud members of The Big Four (I wonder whatever happened to that thread?).  

If I recall it was started by a Killie fan. Understandable it has gone a little quiet these last few months 🤷‍♂️. I still expect (and for our sakes hope) TB4 will still be a thing next season. I think Killie will have enough to stay up either on merit or in play off v Championship team.