The Goalkeeper - Next Big Problem

Ludo*1

Who should be Scotland number 1 at the Euros?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

None of the goals we've lost in the last two games are goalkeeping howlers.  He could maybe have done a bit better with a couple of them if he'd got his decision making perfect, but no other keeper we've got available would be a better shout.

I saw folk blaming him for all 3 goals yesterday which is insane chat

Can't blame him for 2 out of the 3 Ireland goals, and anyone saying otherwise is wrong. Maybe the 3rd he will be disappointed.

1) Can't balme him for 2 out of 3 CBs attacking the same ball and making an arse of it then the 3rd CB missing the 2nd ball.

2) Can't blame him for the RB not tracking the runner.

3) Maybe a bit of blame, but there was enough movement on that ball to cause most goalies some trouble. Though, I bet he'll be gutted not to have saved it.

When he was on loan at morton a good few years ago I thought he looked excellent. Considering his age he looked a brilliant keeper.

Subsequent loan moves I've not seen him play, but the fans have hated him. So its a strange one to be linked with man u out of the blue. No pun intended

27 minutes ago, albagubrath said:

If he goes to United, which would be surprising, he won’t play. I presume he would be 3rd choice behind de Gea and Lindelof. Current 3rd choice Dean Henderson has been there since 2015 and has played 13 times, all in 20/21 when presumably de Gea/Lindelof was injured.

A bench warmer GK, albeit a Man U benchwarmer, won’t be troubling our squad I would think, let alone our first 11.

I dont think anybody would think he would be going to Manchester as the new number 1.

But with our current and future keeper options I wouldn't be so sure he won't play even as their 3rd choice. Hes got to be on the fringes of our squad currently as rangers 3rd choice.

2 hours ago, albagubrath said:

If he goes to United, which would be surprising, he won’t play. I presume he would be 3rd choice behind de Gea and Lindelof. Current 3rd choice Dean Henderson has been there since 2015 and has played 13 times, all in 20/21 when presumably de Gea/Lindelof was injured.

A bench warmer GK, albeit a Man U benchwarmer, won’t be troubling our squad I would think, let alone our first 11.

Huh? Lindelof is a centre back. Henderson is second choice. He played 26 games across all competitions in 20/21 when he came back from the outstanding season at Sheffield United. That was when De Gea had looked shaky for a while.

I’d expect one of Henderson or De Gea to move on, as neither is going to be happy as a number 2. Somehow, De Dea is still only 31, so I suppose his longevity at Man Utd depends on his belief in their cause, and/or winning trophies somewhere else.

Tom Heaton was third choice last year.

Interesting to see McCrorie linked, but can’t see it as a useful move for him.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

7 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Interesting move, if it comes off.
I'm intrigued as to how Erik TH became aware of McCrorie - thru his scouts or maybe he's personally been aware of him for some time.

Been mentioned on Twitter that Man U identified him years ago as a prospect so have targeted him for years, so it seems more like a club target than a manager target.

1 hour ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Huh? Lindelof is a centre back. Henderson is second choice. He played 26 games across all competitions in 20/21 when he came back from the outstanding season at Sheffield United. That was when De Gea had looked shaky for a while.

I’d expect one of Henderson or De Gea to move on, as neither is going to be happy as a number 2. Somehow, De Dea is still only 31, so I suppose his longevity at Man Utd depends on his belief in their cause, and/or winning trophies somewhere else.

Henderson will be elsewhere next season whether another loan move or permanently. Nottingham Forest were tipped to want him on loan.

If this was to happen and McCrorie usurps Heaton to second choice he’ll still play a fair amount of games you’d imagine. Even if it is only Carabao cup and in the diddy stages of the Europa.

However a lot of ifs and buts involved.

On 19/06/2022 at 18:22, albagubrath said:

Wait What Wtf GIF by TLC Europe

On 19/06/2022 at 20:56, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I genuinely have no idea what I was thinking 🤣

• 3 weeks later...

Bear in mind I've never actually seen this boy play but Sligo's GK Ed McGinty has apparently been linked to Hearts and Dundee United and seems to have been born in Motherwell going by Transfermarkt. He's been involved in ROI youth squads but they're fairly stacked in that position so he could possibly be one to keep an eye on.

He's got a Scottish accent, if that counts for anything. 

• 2 weeks later...