The Goalkeeper - Next Big Problem

Ludo*1

Who should be Scotland number 1 at the Euros?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, General dissaray said:

Playing in a better league is,and they play on a better league and earn more money than SPL jobbers such as Clarke 

You need to stop this nonsense where you're rating players purely on what league they're playing in.

Yes it's an indicator but it's not the be end and end all.

You're peddling pish with it half the time e.g. Kal Naismith and the bloke in Turkey.

2 hours ago, General dissaray said:

Playing in a better league is,and they play on a better league and earn more money than SPL jobbers such as Clarke 

What goalkeepers do we have currently playing in a better league than Liam Kelly or Zander Clark?

For the avoidance of doubt, by playing I do mean actually getting a game. 

4 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

What goalkeepers do we have currently playing in a better league than Liam Kelly or Zander Clark?

For the avoidance of doubt, by playing I do mean actually getting a game. 

Chris Maxwell Blackpool 

Untill the injury he was there number one

Edited by General dissaray

5 hours ago, Scumjob said:

You need to stop this nonsense where you're rating players purely on what league they're playing in.

Yes it's an indicator but it's not the be end and end all.

You're peddling pish with it half the time e.g. Kal Naismith and the bloke in Turkey.

I am rating them making big saves at key moments in the game,never saw him do any off that at Hampden today he is nothing more than a jobber 

If you believe otherwise that is fine,the games all about opinions my opinion is that he is bang average 

If you believe Rangers are looking at him to cos the tabloids said that they are then that is also up to you

Rangers fans wearing Rangers shirts as players don't give them any extra powers,been a lot of Rangers fans as players that the shirt was far to heavy for

Talking about Naismith coming into the squad as back up wasn't crazy either when that would have been all it was for cos of his pace 

John Souttar came in done exellent so happy with that but him and Porteous were only there cos off call offs and my opinion on Porteous is still the same that he is a thug that VAR would punish

I made a post about certain players that haven't been capped yet to envisage the strength and depth we have to choose from

Somehow you all jumped on it and said Mallan hadn't played this year even though he did,yes I remember 

Sad it's still getting dug up a month later though but then again your on pie and bovril in the wee hours,so not all that suprised 

Was it not generally accepted that the pass back rule being introduced fucked Leighton as being considered a top quality keeper? He was horrific for Dundee but then went on to play for Hibs, Aberdeen again & more appearances for Scotland after us so go figure.
As for Kelly, him not managing to keep Seny Dieng out of the team at QPR concerns me and I don't see the big fuss around him but appreciate that everyone else seems to think he's the business.
As for Clark, he's been in absolute exceptional form for about 9 or so months, but has been average as f**k for about 6-7 year before that.
Either one as our number 1 would need to go down as being the weakest we've been in that position since... well, as far as I can remember.

I get where your coming from with Clark. He’s definitely a late bloomer in terms of goalkeeping, but he always showed signs of his potential, he was just too inconsistent.

11 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

So, a 31 year old Welshman.

Good shout. 

Chris Maxwell has said he would like to play for Scotland before and is eligible again not the answer you wanted but it's the answer your getting 

Also I absolutely hate how Clarke comes out and punches they ball very un British and clumsy 

All the Clarke lovies are clearly watching a different keeper than me if they think he is good enough for Scotland or for the auld firm or even a big championship club doon south

31 is younger than Gordon Mclaughlin Marshall as well,so next time when you want to have a go gonna at least get your thinking cap on

Because your becoming very very boaring 

8 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

According to Wikipedia hes not played a competitive game for Wales, and is eligible to represent us and also England.

Not that I'm saying we should call him up, I hadnt heard of him until 5 mins ago. But he could play for us.

Been wanting to play for Scotland since 2019 and his clubs doing way above expectation in the championship,he certainly is a option over some off the total jobber keepers up here

None of the three Welsh keepers in their latest squad have been playing regular first team football for at least 2/3 years.

There’s also been some bloke from fucking Salford in League Two called up recently.

We should definitely be calling up some Blackpool keeper who can’t even force his way into the Wales squad.

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

None of the three Welsh keepers in their latest squad have been playing regular first team football for at least 2/3 years.

There’s also been some bloke from fucking Salford in League Two called up recently.

We should definitely be calling up some Blackpool keeper who can’t even force his way into the Wales squad.

Maxwell is injured just now so he can't force his way into any squad,and if he does that he won't be eligible for Scotland 

Wales have had a few lower league keepers in there squad its what they do cos there not exactly proding guys like Southall anymore and we aren't producing Leighton Goram McGregor Gordon Marshall standard keepers any more either 

4 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Maxwell is injured just now so he can't force his way into any squad,and if he does that he won't be eligible for Scotland 

Wales have had a few lower league keepers in there squad its what they do cos there not exactly proding guys like Southall anymore and we aren't producing Leighton Goram McGregor Gordon Marshall standard keepers any more either 

He wasn’t injured in September when they called up some League Two jobber.

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

He wasn’t injured in September when they called up some League Two jobber.

Been injured a while I've been following it,anyway I'm more interested in Scotland and who we got coming through wouldn't mind McCrorie going on loan again and getting game time he won't be far away once he gets games again was really good in the Celtic game

I am not too worried about the keeper situation. We have 3 Premier League keepers in the under 21 squad, along with a 4th currently playing for the under 23 at Watford, signed from Celtic I think, Scottish/ Italian decent? Surely the odds are good for one of these guys to make a breakthrough.

McCrorie at Rangers looked good in the old firm and certainly has the stature of a top goal keeper, though badly needs game IMO. 

9 minutes ago, Mean Gene said:

I am not too worried about the keeper situation. We have 3 Premier League keepers in the under 21 squad, along with a 4th currently playing for the under 23 at Watford, signed from Celtic I think, Scottish/ Italian decent? Surely the odds are good for one of these guys to make a breakthrough.

McCrorie at Rangers looked good in the old firm and certainly has the stature of a top goal keeper, though badly needs game IMO. 

It's tough for any to break through into a EPL team there are a few in the championship to like Hogarth that still hasn't broken into the Forrest team it's a massive big ask

Cos all these clubs want consistamcy and a young goalie is always gonna drop a clanger or two

5 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

An injured 31 year old who is shite. We are trying to improve our squad and people are coming away with some belters.

Maxwell is playing in a better league and has spent the large majority in a better league than Kelly and Clarke,so why not when he comes back into there team and there also doing well punching above there weight on a tiny budget 

It's the thing about Pie and Bovril your all out to drag other people's suggestions down but never bring up any suggestions off your own