The Goalkeeper - Next Big Problem

Ludo*1

Who should be Scotland number 1 at the Euros?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

not seen much of him since probably a couple of games at RC but seems to be doing alright at Tranmere. But they are what English 1st or 2nd Division just now?

Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 23.05.35.png

If Ross Doohan is 6ft 1, I’m the next host of Newsnight. He’s nowhere near that.  He’s also terrible.  

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Yeah he'd either have already surpassed Dalglish or would've been on the brink of it.

Marshall and McGregor were two good goalkeepers in their prime so would've got some game time, and I think Gordon might've been dropped for McGregor at one point even before his injury but I could be misremembering.

He was my favourite Scotland player growing up which feels a bit mental considering I'm now way too old to (publicly) say I have a favourite player.

Did Gordon, McGregor and Marshall make up a squad together?  That’d have been a flat out ridiculous trio of keepers.  

On 25/09/2022 at 13:05, Ludo*1 said:

Wonder if he has someone in mind with those comments.

Probably waiting for Angus Gunn to realise he's never getting an England cap. 

Whilst he has told us to bolt a number of times, I'm sure Adams did the same thing and that's turned out alright... 

Did Gordon, McGregor and Marshall make up a squad together?  That’d have been a flat out ridiculous trio of keepers.  
Yeah I'm sure there were a few spells where we had all three. Shame it couldn't have been spread out more evenly.

3 hours ago, Donathan said:

I’m surprised that Craig McGillivray from Charlton doesn’t seem to be anywhere near the squad at the minute. 

He was linked with Dundee & Dundee United on deadline day from sources down South and has played 1 game at League One level this season which was the last game they played.

35 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He wasn't released by Morton, they wanted to keep him.

He was still decidedly average though. Punched one into his own net against us last year. Detested by his own club's supporters at Dundee before that. He's not making a comeback to the Scotland side any time soon. As Donathan clearly isn't a fool I was presuming his post was sarcastic.

Do we not just assume that when Gordon retires, that Zander Clark will just take over at Hearts and instantly be promoted back into the national squad and be given the Scotland #1 jersey with it. Given he signed a 3 year deal, its unlikely he's just going there to sit on the bench for the duration?

Edited by bdu98196

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He was still decidedly average though. Punched one into his own net against us last year. Detested by his own club's supporters at Dundee before that. He's not making a comeback to the Scotland side any time soon. As Donathan clearly isn't a fool I was presuming his post was sarcastic.

Not sarcasm, I just completely lost track of the guy’s career after he left Hearts

3 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
7 hours ago, bdu98196 said:
Do we not just assume that when Gordon retires, that Zander Clark will just take over at Hearts and instantly be promoted back to Scotland #1. Given he signed a 3 year deal, its unlikely he's just going there to sit on the bench for the duration?

Back to Scotland #1?

I meant into the squad therefore becoming number 1 choice.

Mental stat on twitter today. Craig Gordon has played for Scotland alongside at least one player born in every year from 1970 to 2002 apart from 1975 to 2000.

Scotland have no internationals born in 2000 yet and the only one born in 1975 was Paul Ritchie who earned his 7th and final cap a few months before Craig Gordon’s debut. 

Mental stat on twitter today. Craig Gordon has played for Scotland alongside at least one player born in every year from 1970 to 2002 apart from 1975 to 2000.

Scotland have no internationals born in 2000 yet and the only one born in 1975 was Paul Ritchie who earned his 7th and final cap a few months before Craig Gordon’s debut. 
Paul Ritchie. Now he had a weird career.