North Macedonia

ewan14

23 minutes ago, Thumper said:

North Macedonia didn't have the North in their name when Burley's squad rocked up to play them in the 2010 qualifiers in about 45-degree heat and got deservedly beat.

Levein did manage a respectable draw with the Macedonian giants at Hampden though. 

My Macedonian pals were laughing at a tweet from an English guy "What would the score have been if the Germans had been playing all of Macedonia?"

The team has been gradually improving in recent years although I'm not sure they'll ever be strong enough to qualify for a tournament. 🇲🇰

My Macedonian pals were laughing at a tweet from an English guy "What would the score have been if the Germans had been playing all of Macedonia?"
The team has been gradually improving in recent years although I'm not sure they'll ever be strong enough to qualify for a tournament. [emoji1154]
Imagine they had Big Eck the Great managing them!

5 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The team has been gradually improving in recent years although I'm not sure they'll ever be strong enough to qualify for a tournament. 🇲🇰

They've literally already qualified for the tournament this summer.

2 hours ago, ewan14 said:

There are no minnows in world football

There are, but North Macedonia aren't one of them.

9 hours ago, Michael W said:

Can't believe Pandev is still playing, he's been around forever. 

There are players in the squad with him who play for the club that he set up and is named after him, Akademija Pandev.

14 hours ago, ewan14 said:

There are no minnows in world football

North Macedonia (65th) were closer to Scotland (48th) in the last FIFA world rankings than Scotland are to Serbia (30th)

A far better team than Israel (87th) who we struggle with every time we play them

13 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Moldova away is fearful

Moldova are absolutely shite. If we lose to them, it’ll be a significantly worse result than Ireland losing against Luxembourg.

Or Germany losing to North Macedonia, for that matter.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Moldova are absolutely shite. If we lose to them, it’ll be a significantly worse result than Ireland losing against Luxembourg.

Or Germany losing to North Macedonia, for that matter.

Moldova away is exactly the sort of bed we shit.