Dumbarton vs Airdrie

Completely agree with the commentary team RE the Robert sub. We haven't created a lot but at least he's capable of a bit of ingenuity and skill. I think Carrick's our best player and he should have been on from the start but he should have replaced the useless Jack McKay rather than Robert. 

I really don't understand the logic of Ritchie starting over Sabatini or Jack McKay starting  on the right wing over any of Roy, Connell, or Carrick. Hardly surprising we've struggled to create anything. The annoying thing is that there's players in our squad that I think are decent enough, but they struggle to do anything when they're thrown on with half an hour to go or hooked after 50 minutes in Robert's case.

Just now, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I really don't understand the logic of Ritchie starting over Sabatini or Jack McKay starting  on the right wing over any of Roy, Connell, or Carrick. Hardly surprising we've struggled to create anything. The annoying thing is that there's players in our squad that I think are decent enough, but they struggle to do anything when they're thrown on with half an hour to go or hooked after 50 minutes in Robert's case.

Think that went in about 5 seconds after I posted this. I'll say since Roy scored that it's proved me right rather than wrong.

Crossan beaten far too easily immediately before the cross goes over. Sheepsarse terrible positioning and nowhere near close to claiming the crossed ball. Goal scorer gets his attempt on target with no pressure from a Sons player.

Sloppy goal. Crossan came on as a sub so it wasnt tiredness. He was just done by the guy crossing the ball. Sheepsarse needs to do better with his positioning if he isnt 100% confident that he's getting that ball. Tiredness probably contributed to Ally Roy getting on the end of that cross with nobody in a Sons shirt picking him up.

Annoying. Airdire haven't been any better than us for most of the game but they get a chance like that and take it. It was a good cross after nice play down their right hand side. Give them credit for the delivery and getting on the end of it. poor from us though.

5 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Take a generally unexciting team, throw in a 3rd game in 6 days and this is what you get I guess. No surprises it's not the most dynamic performance.

The quality was also this bad in the Forfar and Peterhead games, though.

So poor. We have players in the likes of Wilson who can play when the ball is in at their feet, yet we shell the ball about like it’s a hot tottie. He must be so frustrated with the lack of service. Tactics and team selection dreadful. I Appreciate we are playing a lot of games however this game is more important than the Aberdeen game on Saturday. The only way from here is down I’m afraid.