Dumbarton vs Airdrie

Must admit I've shouted at the TV a few times; Dumbarton need to keep possession a bit better, play a simple pass rather than hoof it at Wilson. Keep the ball, make the opposition chase it a bit, try and open gaps and play it to midfield.

The tactics at the moment will never lead to lots of goalscoring opportunities.

Airdrie looking fairly toothless. A few decent crosses but no killer threat in the final third.

2 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Not a huge amount of quality from either side but Dumbarton have looked better playing the ball on the deck. Far less Duffyball long punts up the park. Dare I say it but Dumbarton have been the better team so far.

Hats off to your commentary team one of the better duo's ♦️

4 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Mine is fine.
It’s been fine for every game.

Pity if your missing that lovely red sky which is the highlight so far ..

It's usually been perfect for me but buffered a few times tonight. The sky has been better than the football.

I really think we need to get Wallace playing more centrally, he always tries to beat his man and he'll cause panic in there if he goes past someone. Both teams hoofing and hoping for scraps really though. Could do with Layne on to hold things up and drag defenders around, seems a bit daft to have thrown him on for about 5 minutes on Tuesday if he's out for a week or two now.

7 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Hats off to your commentary team one of the better duo's ♦️

I'd second that. Sons fans clearly and rightly so but impartial, well versed and do their research. 

Easy to listen to as well.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

It's been a bit meh, more positives than previous home league games. 

More energy and looking to play the ball rather than aimless hoofball. Using the long ball when it's on. Enjoying Wilsons performance, very energetic and looks versatile. Reminds me of Anthony Stokes for some reason, perhaps the running style. 

It's usually been perfect for me but buffered a few times tonight. The sky has been better than the football.
I really think we need to get Wallace playing more centrally, he always tries to beat his man and he'll cause panic in there if he goes past someone. Both teams hoofing and hoping for scraps really though. Could do with Layne on to hold things up and drag defenders around, seems a bit daft to have thrown him on for about 5 minutes on Tuesday if he's out for a week or two now.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If we hadn't thrown him on for 5 minutes he may have played tonight but not as sharp. We could also have been dealing with an injury 3 minutes into the game.

Great wee interview with Layne there just after the HT whistle.

Injury classed as not as serious as first feared by club doctor and Layne said he hoped to be playing within a couple of weeks.

As a side note, he said that in hindsight he probably shouldn’t have left and jumped at the chance to come back when JD rang him.

Airdrie look like they have a few neat and tidy players, but haven't done much as yet. Sons started off hoofing it, but have settled more as the half wore on and looked not bad towards the end of the first half playing the ball on the deck.

19 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Ben Lomond looking resplendent against that lovely spring time sunset sky. Motm for me so far.

Best thing so far about my recent move back West is seeing the Ben appear in front of me as I drive along Bonhill Road at night after work.

We've passed the ball around well enough at times but we're toothless and have no cutting edge at all whenever we do get the ball in the final third. Need to be much sharper in the second half. Definitely a first goal wins type of game.