Dumbarton vs Airdrie

Huge games coming thick and fast and none appear huger than Dumbarton vs Airdrie this Thursday. Dumbarton have managed one point since returning, with Airdrie losing every match. I don't think many expected Airdrie to be dragged into a relegation battle and a win for them here would go some way to alleviating that pressure, but could defeat at the Rock once again spell the end for Murray? I don't think he's enjoyed many of his returns to our place, so I hope that trend continues. 

For Duffy and Dumbarton, it's all about building on last nights point at Falkirk. This is our game in hand over Forfar so it is imperative that we win and put some space between ourselves and them again. Duffy clearly rotated the squad last night but it frustrates me that we're playing Brindley out of position when he looks like he could be handy in his actual position. I'd like to see more of James Wallace too, both he and Wilson were rested last night so hopefully we can see them together up front. We seem to be rotating Wedderburn and Carswell for matches now but I really think we could do with Wedderburns ability in this match over Carswells hard work. 

This is a massive game for both clubs and I suspect the winner will probably tell us a lot about how each team's season will go from there. I'm expecting a terrible game tomorrow but I'd be delighted with any kind of win at this point. I think this is very much a first goal's the winner game, Dumbarton don't score too many and Airdrie really struggle to come back from losing positions. 

Before the restart I was hoping we could go into this game on the back of 5-7 points from the opening three games, hoping to get another win to push up the league. As it stands, we really need a win just to make sure we stay away from the bottom three. It's hard to judge the Peterhead game given we played near enough the full game with 10 men but other than a decent enough opening half an hour against Partick Thistle we've looked poor since the restart.

We've had a pretty good record against Dumbarton over the last few seasons with three wins, five draws and the defeat earlier this season. Most of those games have been pretty tight though, with Dumbarton scoring a few late equalisers for the draws and the 1-0 win last season was pretty unconvincing. I'll happily take that kind of win tomorrow though!

I reckon Robert, Turner and Gallagher will all come back into the team, possibly others too as the guys brought in last night never really took their chance, albeit they weren't helped by us playing without a midfield for the full game. It's hard to predict who'll play though as Murray seems to be in one of his thinking outside the box and overcomplicating things moods going by the last couple of games. 

Huge game, although possibly not for the reasons we thought even a week or two ago. We look to be in free fall at the moment. I was thinking earlier but this Airdrie team has big Alloa under Allan Maitland vibes to it. Ostensibly a good team and manager who spend most of the season in the play-off places but then totally collapse and are unable to find a way to turn it around. It’s difficult to see where our next win will come from but we really need one here, just to stop the rot and put a (little) bit of a gap between the sides below us. It’s hard to see how Murray can turn things around, even if we win tomorrow, but if we do he’ll probably save his job for the season. If we don’t, his position is completely untenable. 

f**k knows which combination of defenders/midfielders/forwards/McKays we’ll play. Unfortunately, I’m sure Murray still doesn’t know either. We’ve barely had a shot on goal the last four games either so can’t even rely on Ramsbottom possibly chucking one in (although if he did that would be a great help). 

First goal wins - and we’d be better off actually playing that rule. 

I can't see us suddenly improving from the last two games( I exclude Peterhead for the 10 men trial) but I have no idea what kind of side he will set up. It just looks like a side with no hard core methods, and a low scoring  draw would seem likely. Mind you I thought Dumbarton would lose at Falkirk so what do I know! Have done the PPV but it could be grim viewing.

Right guys backs to the wall, Airdrie have been there before, we come out swinging, right......

Not this sorry lot, our only hope on Thursday is Kyle Turner is as good as suggested,  Paul Paton is fit  and given the captain's armband for the rest of the season,   Don't panic Sean you can still be social convenor....

Dumbarton have signed a 'few'in there battle against the drop, we are In freefall and have the DNA of a team and club which is dropping and quickly, look atBrechin for example......  

We are a deluded bunch filling our heads full of bullshit in preseason,  with the 'signings' the 3 West Haml loanees (still waiting) Players were apparently carefully scouted to lead us to glory.    

Murray's time has come and gone and needs to be relieved of his duties,  even in the bad days under JB, we never plumbed the depths of League 2..

PH has decisions to make and quickly, he pulled the plug on Stuart Millar gladly,  

When all this plays out I know who will have"blood on there hands"

Tell Oh No GIF by Film Riot

15 hours ago, airdrieman said:

We’ve barely had a shot on goal the last four games either so can’t even rely on Ramsbottom possibly chucking one in (although if he did that would be a great help). 

Ramsbottom was a big reason we kept a point at Falkirk. I'm fairly content with our defence, we just don't seem to get it right at the other end. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Encouraging that Layne's fitness will be assessed ahead of tonight, was worried he'd be out for weeks. Quitongo hopefully back in contention too. Only Church and JBH confirmed out.

Hot take time.

If Rico is fit then I'd put McAllister in at centre-half for Ryan McGeever. I'm a big fan of McGeever, but in the past two games it's been his man who has scored. McAllister did a good job on Calumn Morrison on Tuesday night and appears to be hard as nails as well as a bit of sh*thouse. He looked quite keen to play out of defence a bit too rather than just launching balls up the channel. I'd like to see what he could do in his natural position.

Hoping we'll see wee James Wallace getting a start as well. I'd imagine quite a few players who played the full 90 (or near enough) on Tuesday might drop out for this one with the likes of Carsy, Forbes and Wilson returning.

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Encouraging that Layne's fitness will be assessed ahead of tonight, was worried he'd be out for weeks. Quitongo hopefully back in contention too. Only Church and JBH confirmed out.

He’s probably lying in the house with a broken leg. I’m convinced our injury news on the match previews is just completely made up.

He’s probably lying in the house with a broken leg. I’m convinced our injury news on the match previews is just completely made up.
I'm 99% sure it's either made up or only posted to give the opposition something to think about.

We've reported that players are going to face a late fitness check before a game only for us to not seem them for another 3 of 4 weeks.

We won't see Layne for a good few weeks I reckon.

5 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Will not be buying the stream

will not be watching a game again until Murray's gone

Will look for the updates on twitter.

The End.

And there was me going to give you a shout out and everything :( 

31 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Will not be buying the stream

will not be watching a game again until Murray's gone

Will look for the updates on twitter.

The End.

We’ll swap with you if you want? Murray was incredibly good at getting the best out of a rag tag bunch of jobbers who looked doomed and Duffy was good at kick starting a team who should’ve been doing much better.

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We’ll swap with you if you want? Murray was incredibly good at getting the best out of a rag tag bunch of jobbers who looked doomed and Duffy was good at kick starting a team who should’ve been doing much better.

I'm away to dig out my feather boa and 'Murrays angels' tshirt.

6 minutes ago, super-son said:

Serious question but obviously not going to act upon it. Is there security at the stadium to stop supporters peeking over the fence?

There's a ring of steel. 500 battle hardened stewards in high viz, linked arms right around the perimter fence. You can't even get down Castle Road as there's gun nests.