Stenhousemuir v Kilmarnock

craigkillie

I can see that cup fever is sweeping through the towns of Stenhousemuir and Kilmarnock with the fact that we're three days out from the game and there still isn't a thread.

Obviously the league is our priority right now, but I actually think a good cup run could help us in terms of Wright getting a few more games under his belt and the players getting more and more used to how he wants us to play. Clearly it would be an embarrassment to lose this one, but of course it happened last time around in 2012.

Play like we did against Motherwell and shouldn't be a worry. Play like we did the second 45 against County and Stenny would be thinking they could take a scalp.

Agree that it's a good opportunity for the team to continue to gel and maybe takes the pressure of the league off a bit as well.

I think we've chucked our chance of getting into the top four after losing to Edinburgh City and Stirling Albion so the Scottish Cup is our only chance of something tangible this term. There is zero pressure on Stenhousemuir so we should put our strongest available XI, see what happens and have a laugh.

Kilmarnock are a dreadful outfit but to their credit, they looked superb in their win over Motherwell last month and in Kyle Lafferty they have a gifted, unpredictable attacker who can cause damage to most teams in Scotland. They cannot afford to lose this match and I imagine if they're not ahead after 25 minutes, I reckon they'll be a bit nervous.

I'm not sure who we're looking in terms of injuries and suspensions but all things being well let's go with:

- Tam Muir - Mark McGuigan -

- Botti Biabi - Callum Tapping - Ryan Blair - David Hopkirk -

- Callum Yeats - Creag Little - Chris Kane - Jonathan Tiffoney -

- Paddy Martin -

I'm fully expecting Kilmarnock to win this by a couple of goals but then I thought the same thing when we pitched up at Rugby Park for our League Cup tie in 2013.

31 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I think we've chucked our chance of getting into the top four after losing to Edinburgh City and Stirling Albion so the Scottish Cup is our only chance of something tangible this term. There is zero pressure on Stenhousemuir so we should put our strongest available XI, see what happens and have a laugh.

Kilmarnock are a dreadful outfit but to their credit, they looked superb in their win over Motherwell last month and in Kyle Lafferty they have a gifted, unpredictable attacker who can cause damage to most teams in Scotland. They cannot afford to lose this match and I imagine if they're not ahead after 25 minutes, I reckon they'll be a bit nervous.

I'm not sure who we're looking in terms of injuries and suspensions but all things being well let's go with:

- Paddy Martin -

I'm fully expecting Kilmarnock to win this by a couple of goals but then I thought the same thing when we pitched up at Rugby Park for our League Cup tie in 2013.

We have Muir and Little both out with suspensions, Docherty and Corbett are both cup tied. I imagine that McQueen/Grigor/Brydon will partner Kane at the back with Collins upfront with McGuigan

6 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

We have Muir and Little both out with suspensions, Docherty and Corbett are both cup tied. I imagine that McQueen/Grigor/Brydon will partner Kane at the back with Collins upfront with McGuigan

Mother of God. I didn't realise their suspensions carried into the Scottish Cup. Creag Little is probably the outfield player we can least afford to be without given the paucity of quality in defence. Davie Irons might go with a back three but that would mean two inexperienced centre-backs in there instead of the one.

I'd fancy Kilmarnock for this one.

On 01/04/2021 at 16:23, Francesc Fabregas said:

- Paddy Martin -

Playing two goalkeepers seems a lot like cheating to me.

Good win - maybe didn't play as well as we could have done and could probably have scored more, but I'm happy enough with 4-0 and being in the hat.

Enjoyed the Stenny TV coverage - props to Cammy, @Francesc Fabregas and @craigkillie as well as the behind-the-scenes guys as the commentary was good and added to the game. I had a slight issue where the commentary was slightly ahead of the pictures by a second or two which was a minor annoyance but very good value for £8. All the best to Stenny for the rest of the season, hopefully you guys can finish the season on a high.

42 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Good win - maybe didn't play as well as we could have done and could probably have scored more, but I'm happy enough with 4-0 and being in the hat.

Enjoyed the Stenny TV coverage - props to Cammy, @Francesc Fabregas and @craigkillie as well as the behind-the-scenes guys as the commentary was good and added to the game. I had a slight issue where the commentary was slightly ahead of the pictures by a second or two which was a minor annoyance but very good value for £8. All the best to Stenny for the rest of the season, hopefully you guys can finish the season on a high.

The audio thing seems to be a pixellott thing, cheers for the kind words though! 

15 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

The audio thing seems to be a pixellott thing, cheers for the kind words though! 

Totally appreciate that, the robot cameras do have their limitations but despite that you guys have a very good setup and do a smashing job.