Livingston v Raith Rovers

9 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

Hey monkey nut  120 minutes played today, Raith were the better team for 60min,don't know what game you were watching, if you don't  like what I write don't  f______    read it 

Oooooooooh tetchy , and that's Mr Monkeysocks to you ! Basic arithmetic seems to have passed you by 60 into 120 works out to what?

57 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I have no hesitation to have a go at McCrorie when he makes an arse of something but wtf was our wall doing for their goal? Dreadful stuff unless McCrorie has told them to split. 

As I said, Raith dominated and overrun the midfield for most of the game due to our poor possession. Holt bad and Pittman and Bartley were anonymous. Didn't think Sibbald was as good as he usually is either. We started to get on top when we played it wide more often in the second half. Mullin is the only player in the squad who can deliver a good ball consistently, so he is worth having on the pitch for the set pieces alone. Good to see Poplatnik get another goal, it's been long overdue. 

Longridge was our best player again. Been impressed with him in every game since he has returned. 

Home games to lower league teams in the draw tomorrow, please.

By the looks of it, they were doing the same as McCrorie, waiting on a cross coming in and not expecting a shot at goal. McCrorie set himself up like Jamieson used to, leaving a great big gap to the near post inviting a shot, which the Raith player duly did. Don't know if he was going to shoot all along, or just saw the opportunity to do so, but well done to him for making the best of the opportunity we gave him.

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

If he improved his delivery into the box he'd be snapped up by a bigger club, 

Agreed. The guy is 27 and still has a higher ceiling if he can improve it. A Scotland cap is very possible and probably a move to Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen as well. 

For me, his defending is not good enough to forgive the rate of poor deliveries.

By the looks of it, they were doing the same as McCrorie, waiting on a cross coming in and not expecting a shot at goal. McCrorie set himself up like Jamieson used to, leaving a great big gap to the near post inviting a shot, which the Raith player duly did. Don't know if he was going to shoot all along, or just saw the opportunity to do so, but well done to him for making the best of the opportunity we gave him.
Vaughan is pretty good with free kicks, he was always going to hit a shot from there. We have 2/3 players who are good from that sort of position so it was strange to see mcrorie take up such a poor position.

Good game of football, it was inevitable really, after Tuesdays exploits we could’ve been a bit stiff. The first half was brilliant. But the players looked a little jaded. But well played Rovers. Took a team doing well in the Premiership to extra time. I still love the glamour of the cup. Good luck Livi. Onwards and upwards Rovers

Martindale said he wouldn't be surprised to see Rovers in the Premier division next season and acknowledged that we started to ran out of steam after an hour due to the amount of games we've had recently.
I'm not too bothered we're out the Cup, it's more important that we have a fresh squad for the league run in

Confidence shouldn't be too knocked by taking the high-flyers to ET.  We don't have the squad (defence especially) to sustain a cup run and a serious playoff campaign.  This is fine.  Good to see we can compete and any eventual playoff opponent you'd expect to be poorer than Livi.

3 hours ago, L. Brilliant said:

Confidence shouldn't be too knocked by taking the high-flyers to ET.  We don't have the squad (defence especially) to sustain a cup run and a serious playoff campaign.  This is fine.  Good to see we can compete and any eventual playoff opponent you'd expect to be poorer than Livi.

Yeah. So long as Gullan's injury is just a minor one I would say we've come out of it pretty well. 

23 hours ago, L. Brilliant said:

Confidence shouldn't be affected at all other than a tinge of disappointment in my opinion. The team will look back and know that they didn't let themselves down at all. 

For the first half the Raith team managed the unthinkable of out-livi-ing Livi. They didn't give us a moment's peace; chasing down every ball and defending in depth when necessary; a very impressive display that some teams in the Premiership might wish to emulate. The biggest problem with this strategy is that it relies one an exceptional level of stamina and physical fitness so its not surprising that Raith started to fag in the second half leaving more and more gaps for us to play into.

I'm not a betting man but if Raith do secure a place in the playoff; I'd certainly be considering a wee flutter on them making it all of the way.

Controversially; if Raith had managed to continue the tempo of the first half and run out 1-0 winners; I wouldn't have been overly embarrassed; to my mind there is no shame in losing to a team that play out of their skin, as if their very lives depended on it, heck; we've done that enough to other teams over the past few years. 

Good luck in the league lads (and ladies); maybe we'll have a few chances at a "replay" next season.