Livingston v Raith Rovers

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Apart from the obv of playing for a better team, chance of playing in a European comp next season.

Playing for a team that has back to back top 6 finishes in the top flight, getting him in the shop window quicker for a bigger move again.  

Every boy dreams of a trip to Ireland to play football.

20 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

How much are Livi likely to charge for streaming this? Before Tuesday I wasn't going to bother with it but I might well tune in now to see if we can go that bit further than last season.

As for the line up, I'm expecting McGlynn to mix things up again in midfield and attack as positive results in the next 2 or 3 league games will clinch our play off spot and these should rightly be the priority.

Charged £15 against Ayr in the Betfred cup after the group stages.

Raith have been a 2nd/3rd tier yo-yo team since I've been watching football, so definitely not a bigger club. They are on par with the likes of Alloa. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Really don't give a shit about this game, tbh. As long as no one gets injured for the league run in, that's fine. 

Weird thing to say about the Scottish Cup, I accept, but we can really do without a fixture pile up getting in the way of our run in. Not like there's an inspiring tie awaiting us if we did win either. 

41 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Raith have been a 2nd/3rd tier yo-yo team since I've been watching football, so definitely not a bigger club. They are on par with the likes of Alloa. 

Livi weren’t even a thing when I started watching football. Poor old Meadowbank.

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Livi weren’t even a thing when I started watching football. Poor old Meadowbank.

Meadowbank Th weren't a thing when I started watching football, poor old Ferranti Th.

24 minutes ago, grumswall said:

We may actually be the only fans in the country who won't complain about having to play on livi's supposed terrible pitch. We play worse on grass pitches. Plastic > grass. Let the plastic pitch love in commence.

Was it the same company we both got, think we had to wait on ours after Raith got theirs down first.

Wonder if we'll got the sprinklers on, noticed the ball holding up quite a bit against Hibs in our last game on it, ball looked like it had some back spin on it coming off the surface, caught the Hibee players out a few times, as they expected the ball to bounce forward. Anyhoo, up ra plastic pitches.:cheers

Was it the same company we both got, think we had to wait on ours after Raith got theirs down first.
Wonder if we'll got the sprinklers on, noticed the ball holding up quite a bit against Hibs in our last game on it, ball looked like it had some back spin on it coming off the surface, caught the Hibee players out a few times, as they expected the ball to bounce forward. Anyhoo, up ra plastic pitches.:cheers

I'm not sure about that. We water the pitch pre match and at half time and it does seem to help the bounce of the ball.

I remember a while ago someone mentioning that Livi were missing a layer compared to ours but that is probably bullshit.

I've been very impressed with our pitch. Far better than I imagined and we've been playing the correct style of football for it. The state Starks used to get in to (particularly in front of the South Stand) was poor as soon as Winter arrived and really dragged back any attempt to play decent football.

1 hour ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

I remember a while ago someone mentioning that Livi were missing a layer compared to ours but that is probably bullshit.

I've been very impressed with our pitch. Far better than I imagined and we've been playing the correct style of football for it. The state Starks used to get in to (particularly in front of the South Stand) was poor as soon as Winter arrived and really dragged back any attempt to play decent football.

Our pitch is the exact same as Hamilton's so who knows. Both pitches installed weeks apart by the same company and used the same package. Only difference is Hamilton went for green pellets instead of black, other than that they're identical pitches. I'm not sure if you guys used the same company but very well could have done haha

1 hour ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

In hindsight we should have gone for the £9.99 square metre underlay rather than a cheaper one but hey ho.

Do Raith have any players that have won international tournaments? Played Champion's League football? Have any of them played in a team that beat Barca? Clearly a bigger club in this tie here, and it's Livi 

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Our pitch is the exact same as Hamilton's so who knows. Both pitches installed weeks apart by the same company and used the same package. Only difference is Hamilton went for green pellets instead of black, other than that they're identical pitches. I'm not sure if you guys used the same company but very well could have done haha

We got the green pellets as well.

Do Raith have any players that have won international tournaments? Played Champion's League football? Have any of them played in a team that beat Barca? Clearly a bigger club in this tie here, and it's Livi 

:rolleyes:

With that list of achievements it’ll be bloody embarrassing if you lose this. You’ve also got us beat on administrations, time spent in the forth tier and club name changes but hey ho!

6 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

With that list of achievements it’ll be bloody embarrassing if you lose this. You’ve also got us beat on administrations, time spent in the forth tier and club name changes but hey ho!

I'm just looking for bites don't worry. To be fair though, as a club (since 1995) we've spent about 30% of our entire existence in the top flight of Scottish football. 

I wonder how other Livi fans view the name change in regards to the history of the club. To me, the club began existing in 1995. I don't take anything Meadowbank/Ferranti into account when it comes to Livi. Those clubs ceased to exist and Livi took their place for me. It helps that I wasn't even alive in 1995 so I've never known a time where both of those clubs were active. I've only ever known Livi as Livi. 

In my opinion Livi's story is 1995-Present