Midlands League

Marten

23 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Just go away and leave fitba fans to discuss fitba. 

Please. 

Once again, how many thousands of posters left to make you the arbiter of what a 'fitba fan' is?

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Once again, how many thousands of posters left to make you the arbiter of what a 'fitba fan' is?

How many threads do you intend to ruin? 

Have you any interest in the North of Scotland pyramid? 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

4 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

How many threads do you intend to ruin? 

Have you any interest in the North of Scotland pyramid? 

How many thousands of posters left to make you the arbiter of what 'ruins' a thread? You don't seem up to answering that question, but it's not going anywhere.

Your personal preferences are as relevant as the rest of your posts on this site champ - which is to say 'not at all'.

Get back in your box. 

IMG_0697.thumb.jpg.714dce244e95df1d5cf26847401fa68f.jpg

1 minute ago, virginton said:

How many thousands of posters left to make you the arbiter of what 'ruins' a thread? You don't seem up to answering that question, but it's not going anywhere.

Your personal preferences are as relevant as the rest of your posts on this site champ - which is to say 'not at all'.

Get back in your box. 

IMG_0697.thumb.jpg.714dce244e95df1d5cf26847401fa68f.jpg

The usual shite. Some of us are here to chat about a game of fitba. 

But on you go, if it makes you happy. 

Any thoughts on the game this afternoon? 

29 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The usual shite. Some of us are here to chat about a game of fitba. 

But on you go, if it makes you happy. 

Glad to have your permission champ!

Any thoughts on the game this afternoon? 

My thoughts are that IDB made a c**t of a prediction and yet instead of letting that utterly minor detail play out, for some bizarre reason you decided to step in to *do something* about it. 

It certainly hasn't worked out well for you, that's for sure. 

21 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was at this East Craigie are a decent side.

They are a very good team who’ve spent all season confounding predictions.

I thought after their poor results in the last 2-3 games, the loss of their top striker and quite a gap between games, they’d have struggled.

Clearly I overestimated Tayport and underestimated the Shipbuilders. Eddie will be raging.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Anyone know the name of the East Craigie right winger? 

Could probably do a job at a higher level? 

According to their line-up on their website, Adam Brown played at RM for East Craigie.

https://www.eastcraigiefc.co.uk/teams/216737/match-centre/0-5332544/lineup

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

According to their line-up on their website, Adam Brown played at RM for East Craigie.

https://www.eastcraigiefc.co.uk/teams/216737/match-centre/0-5332544/lineup

He was good. 

In fairness to the Tayport goalie, who was thrown in, he had a decent game in the end. It couldn't have been easy for the laddie. 

44 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

They are a very good team who’ve spent all season confounding predictions.

I thought after their poor results in the last 2-3 games, the loss of their top striker and quite a gap between games, they’d have struggled.

Clearly I overestimated Tayport and underestimated the Shipbuilders. Eddie will be raging.

Was at this and East Craigie were exceptional and may even go as far as saying they are the best Junior side I have ever seen football wise (there have been other effective teams like Talbot and Tayport of past who knew how to win games). Size wise Tayport had a massive back four and East Craigie were small all over the park. They just passed and made great decisions 95% of the time. Should have been six when they missed a near open goal near time. Very good to watch and Tayport could do nothing to stop them. Can see how they went to Banks o Dee and won 3-0 which not many sides could do

BTW Ivo I met Eddie by chance on Weds on the train on the way to Hampden (he was away to sons birthday party) and he was asking for you. Said he has a lot of time for you and respects your views on the game as I do as well. Nice to be respected. Wondered about your Balkan states background and choice of cheapy cars. He was in great form despite being restriced after his health scare.

Edited by tellyboy

8 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Well deserved. Is this their first piece of silverware? 

Thanks to a cold and very wet Sunday morning had a look at the Scottish Football Historical Results Archive website (sfha.org.uk) and it’s East Craigie’s first cup win since winning the Downfield SC League Cup in 1999/2000 They’ are listed as finishing top of the Dundee & District League table twice. In 1910/11 finishing on the same points as Lochee Harp but losing 0-1 in a play-off. Top again in 1925/26 but seems to have been a disrupted season and decided top 4 on percentage would play-off. They lost in SF to their neighbours from up the road, Stobswell.

Full list of silverware:

Forfarshire Junior Cup 1890/91, 1899/1900, 1914/15

Forfarshire Junior Consolation Cup 1919/20, 1927/28, 1931/32

Courier Cup 1900/01, 1902/03, 1931/32

Telegraph Cup 1909/10, 1931/32

Dundee & District Junior Cup 1889/90, 1890/91, 1891/92

Kiddie Cup 1926/27, 1929/30, 1931/32, 1933/34, 1936/37, 1964/64

Glasgow Clothing Cup 1893/94, 1896/97

Tayside Region Junior League Cup 1971/72

Winter Cup 1983/84, 1988/89

Downfield SC League Cup 1994/95, 1999/2000

Tayside Region Junior League Division 2 1984/85

12 hours ago, tellyboy said:

BTW Ivo I met Eddie by chance on Weds on the train on the way to Hampden (he was away to sons birthday party) and he was asking for you. Said he has a lot of time for you and respects your views on the game as I do as well. Nice to be respected. Wondered about your Balkan states background and choice of cheapy cars. He was in great form despite being restriced after his health scare.

Haha! There’s no Yugos left anymore sadly & these days it’ll be difficult to drive the few remaining in towns, with all the new emissions laws coming in.

Glad to hear he’s well although he’ll be hurting for a few days. Last saw EWB when he’d just taken the Tayport job- a game at Brechin Vics. I saw that day he’d quite a task to turn that club around. Seems to be doing ok despite yesterday & expect Tayport to make more of a challenge next season.

Oddly when he was manager at the Mo he loaned out James Russell & Robert Smith to East Craigie & had to recall him in a hurry because of injuries / clearing out Henry Hall’s squad. Back then EC really were down amongst the dead men in the juniors.

Like everyone else I am very curious to see how East Craigie develop from here. Can’t believe the club will progress towards a licence which is a long way off, but that doesn’t stop what seems to be a tight knit squad developing further.

All the best for the summer!