Midlands League

Marten

I'm confused as to what Clach were doing to concede seven to that lot, as even in our 6-1 loss to the Broch, at least three of the goals were self inflicted, and we did wind them up by scoring first. 

Fort do need something this week or they're going to start running out of games. 

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

I'm confused as to what Clach were doing to concede seven to that lot, as even in our 6-1 loss to the Broch, at least three of the goals were self inflicted, and we did wind them up by scoring first. 

Fort do need something this week or they're going to start running out of games. 

Think we just weren't match fit or mentally prepared, and Broch were raging after being pumped by Buckie. Never got a chance to settle, think we had one half hearted attempt on goal the whole match. It was much tighter when we played them at home, only lost 1-2.

Edited by welshbairn

Clach worked very hard in that game, which was admirable, but there was a big gulf in class between the sides on the day. No doubt the Broch teamtalk was full of phrases like "looking for a reaction after that on Wednesday", and they got it.

Clach also lacked any outlet going forward in the game.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

1 minute ago, superbigal said:

They are now Coupar Angus

I know their managers left, did they take a lot of players with them? They had a decent performance against us last month and beat FWE the week before playing us, so clearly something major happened to go from that to losing 7-0 to St. James and 15-0 to Carnoustie.

4 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

Yeah bit shit for all the local area lads who got punted for a bunch of mercenaries from dundee.  

Young lad still in the goal. I like him. Saw him against Tayport Think he was on loan from Violet.  Lewis Coutts

Other than that yes 10 outfield changes from a month ago in last starting XI

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Young lad still in the goal. I like him. Saw him against Tayport Think he was on loan from Violet.  Lewis Coutts

Other than that yes 10 outfield changes from a month ago in last starting XI

Yeah seen him when they played Letham looks a decent keeper, I suppose the way cupar have been performing season after season the committee must have thought this is the way to go,yeah there going to win a lot more games but having no local involvement is never a good thing.

14 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

Yeah bit shit for all the local area lads who got punted for a bunch of mercenaries from dundee.  

Nobody is owed a game at a club, especially when you are shite. 

Its a poor look for the league though that that many guys can just move to another club 75% of the way through the season. Pretty tinpot.

Up until now the results this season haven't been too lopsided compared to other years but the quality of the league is still too stretched and will only get worse as teams chuck it.

There's no need to have 63 teams over Tiers 5 and 6 so hopefully the North and Midlands superleague can get started up soon.

Well a pretty reasonable and competitive game finishes Broughty Athletic 2 Coupar Angus 2.

Broughty did have a goal disallowed for offside quite late on.

Coupar Angus did look decent today down to  the Harp management and most of the Harp players going there I assume.

A decent day out though. 

A decent 3-1 win for us against Downfield, a very good first half after which we led 3-0 was followed by a sloppy second half in which we didn't convert our chances, but the game was really already won at that stage. Downfield pulled one back in stoppage time after a very good free kick.

The famous Fitba Nomad will be attending the E Craigie v Lochee Utd game tomorrow, his second trip to Dundee this season. Easily recognised by his trademark shirt. Sure he'd be happy to chat with anyone interested in junior football and E Craigie fans in particular. Look out for his blog which he posts not long after the game. Very interesting and entertaining.