Midlands League

Marten

36 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

Apparently some lowlife set fire to container at Dundee St James. Lost their ride on mower and line painter. 20 grand's worth of damage. What is it with these people?

Vermin.  I absolutely must do the Mock Chop hospitality when I can.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

More likely wondering if they can handle the shame of losing to Fort William's "full time" imports or not. They'll need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the Highland League 🤣

I get the impression that attitude has changed, from the players and manager at least.

Hats off to Forfar West End, Arbroath Vics, Forfar United and Buchanhaven Hearts who managed to play matches today when Forfar Athletic's game in the same town was postponed.

There was maybe a suggestion that Strathmore Park and Guthrie Park being in the west of Forfar were a bit more sheltered from the wind than Station Park is but having travelled from Edinburgh to watch Athletic v City I'm left scratching ma head in puzzlement.

Quest Precision Engineering Cup

Quarter Final Draw

Dundee North End v Dundee East Craigie

Culter or Kirriemuir Thistle v Dyce

Forfar United v Tayport

Broughty Athletic v Stoneywood-Parkvale or Dundee Violet

Ties to be played 26 March 2022

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Hats off to Forfar West End, Arbroath Vics, Forfar United and Buchanhaven Hearts who managed to play matches today when Forfar Athletic's game in the same town was postponed.

There was maybe a suggestion that Strathmore Park and Guthrie Park being in the west of Forfar were a bit more sheltered from the wind than Station Park is but having travelled from Edinburgh to watch Athletic v City I'm left scratching ma head in puzzlement.

3 games scheduled at home in the same town… that can’t have happened much out with the bigger cities.

Did you get over to one of the other games? 

The astro turf with a strong westerly would have been brutal at station park.

55 minutes ago, Spyro said:

3 games scheduled at home in the same town… that can’t have happened much out with the bigger cities.

Did you get over to one of the other games? 

We considered taking in the 2nd half at West End but Tayport v Fraserburgh United was kicking off at 3 so we made it there.

57 minutes ago, superbigal said:
1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

The astro turf with a strong westerly would have been brutal at station park.

I was at a game in similar, if not worse, conditions one New Year's Day at Annfield on Stirling's old astro.

Finished 0-0 unsurprisingly enough!