Midlands League

Marten

Was at the Dundee St James v Arbroath Vics game which finished 1-1. Decent crowd of about 70 saw a competitive game. Some decent players in the home team but a couple of hotheads could easily have seen them finish with nine men. 

6 hours ago, Marten said:

We've beaten Blair 5-0 last week, and we did deserve to win for sure. But I can see what you say about them not being able to buy a goal. They had a few chances against us and did nothing with them.

I didn't see the 5-0 game so can't comment on that, but they've missed some absolute sitters in the last two games.

Should have had to forfeit the fixture IMO 
It was agreed between the two sides, so I don't see the issue.

Also, the work is being done by SSE on electricity cabling (to enable supply for floodlights). Lochee United didn't choose when that was done.

Day 4 in the Midlands League house. My lot have got the night off to continue licking their wounds after Harp's 90th minute equaliser on Saturday, but here's a handy guide where not to put your pesetas tonight. Letham, one of the league's two new boys making the step up from the amateur leagues, are unbeaten after 3 games, and I fancy them to remain unbeaten after their trip to Arbroath Vics tonight. Desmonds for me Jeff. Poor Coupar Angus. I see  @mcruic has updated his senior/junior ranking table and  was stunned to  see that there are 11 worse teams. Another crushing defeat at home to Blairgowrie tonight will go some way to seeing the likes of New Elgin and Campbeltown Pupils closing that gap. Downfield have their first home game tonight against Brechin Vics and with it I foresee their first point in a score draw. Violet entertain Forfar Utd, two more teams who have had a difficult start to say the least. I fancy Utd to get their first win here and for Violet to remain pointless. FWE have had a good start with 7 from 9 and I think they will continue that against the other new boys, Dundee St James. Kirriemuir and East Craigie have both won1, drawn1 and lost1 so far. With such erratic form in mind, I think a 1 all draw could be in the offing here. Lochee Harp will now be at home against Lochee Utd due to ongoing upgrades to Thomson Park. Sadly, for every other team in the league, it will help them not a jot as the title favourites cruise to another comfortable victory. Scone will continue their rehabilitation at home to North End tonight with a 3-1 win and table toppers Carnoustie should be good enough to narrowly see off Tayport over the water. If you follow my advice and put a pound on Blair, FWE, Lochee Utd and Scone  to win, coupled with draws in the Downfield/Brechin Vics and Kirrie/EC games, you will lose £1. If by some miracle they all come in, you will be laughing all the way to the bank to the tune of £228.69.

2 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Day 4 in the Midlands League house. My lot have got the night off to continue licking their wounds after Harp's 90th minute equaliser on Saturday, but here's a handy guide where not to put your pesetas tonight. Letham, one of the league's two new boys making the step up from the amateur leagues, are unbeaten after 3 games, and I fancy them to remain unbeaten after their trip to Arbroath Vics tonight. Desmonds for me Jeff. Poor Coupar Angus. I see  @mcruic has updated his senior/junior ranking table and  was stunned to  see that there are 11 worse teams. Another crushing defeat at home to Blairgowrie tonight will go some way to seeing the likes of New Elgin and Campbeltown Pupils closing that gap. Downfield have their first home game tonight against Brechin Vics and with it I foresee their first point in a score draw. Violet entertain Forfar Utd, two more teams who have had a difficult start to say the least. I fancy Utd to get their first win here and for Violet to remain pointless. FWE have had a good start with 7 from 9 and I think they will continue that against the other new boys, Dundee St James. Kirriemuir and East Craigie have both won1, drawn1 and lost1 so far. With such erratic form in mind, I think a 1 all draw could be in the offing here. Lochee Harp will now be at home against Lochee Utd due to ongoing upgrades to Thomson Park. Sadly, for every other team in the league, it will help them not a jot as the title favourites cruise to another comfortable victory. Scone will continue their rehabilitation at home to North End tonight with a 3-1 win and table toppers Carnoustie should be good enough to narrowly see off Tayport over the water. If you follow my advice and put a pound on Blair, FWE, Lochee Utd and Scone  to win, coupled with draws in the Downfield/Brechin Vics and Kirrie/EC games, you will lose £1. If by some miracle they all come in, you will be laughing all the way to the bank to the tune of £228.69.

Agree with the ones in bold, although the draws are a hard one to predict. Scone to lose to North End though, IMO.

4 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Sadly ended up getting beat 3-1. Scone beaten 4-1. Letham also won comfortably. 

I am never touching Scone again. Whatever I go for on an accumulator, they turn up with the opposite. b*****ds. As for Couper Angus, it must have  been like that time San Marino took  the lead against England. Scenes indeed.

6 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Sadly ended up getting beat 3-1. Scone beaten 4-1. Letham also won comfortably. 

Pleased how well Letham have started off in the Midlands. They have yet to meet the top teams yet but for now well done so far..👏

Harp 0 United 2.

Fair result in the end better team won but Harp were in the game until keeper gave away a stupid pen.

Harp kind of seem competitive without looking like troubling the defence.

I have decided I was harsh on Broughty on Saturday and I look forward to seeing them play Lochee United. Should be a good game.

Decent crowd. Over 200 I'd have thought 

20210728_203012.jpg

Edited by invergowrie arab

An observation, not a moan, about the referee tonight. It's noticeable that older refs seem to referee to the level and younger ones referee like it's the champions league.

Eg kickoff held up 5 minutes tonight as Harp keeper is all in black and official's went back in to change into pink. They are absolutely correct but the ref on Saturday didn't seem fussed.

I think the second booking for the Harp red is a booking by the letter of the law but not 90% of the time at that level and sometimes not a foul.

That's the players fault though. You play to the ref.

27 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Harp 0 United 2.

Fair result in the end better team won but Harp were in the game until keeper gave away a stupid pen.

I have decided I was harsh on Broughty on Saturday and I look forward to seeing them play Lochee United. Should be a good game.

20210728_203012.jpg

September 4th at our place. If we bring our A-game, it could be a cracker. If we don't, they'll do to us what they've been doing to everybody else.

44 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Harp 0 United 2.

Quick headcount got me to 230.

Deserved win, good team performance although we could have won by more as in the second half quite a few chances were missed, but I really can't complain. Quite a few players are only just back from injury and/or covid, missing pre-season and lacking match fitness. Team is definitely getting there. :) 

Midlands Football League Results - 28th July 2021:

Arbroath Victoria 1-4 Letham

Coupar Angus 1-3 Blairgowrie

Downfield 1-3 Brechin Victoria

Dundee Violet 3-0 Forfar United

Forfar West End 3-0 Dundee St James

Kirriemuir Thistle 1-2 East Craigie

Lochee Harp 0-2 Lochee United

Scone Thistle 1-4 Dundee North End

Tayport 1-2 Carnoustie Panmure