Midlands League

Marten

45 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I thought there was no promotion from Division 4 and that anyone that gains WoSFL membership would end up in Division 3?

In which case it exists outside the pyramid.

Fair point.

To be fair, this article is written by an Inverness-based journalist (I assume). It's not really odd that he looks at the 2021/22 structures in the east & west, well outside the area he covers, and assumes that these structures go down to tier 8 with a premier division at tier 6, conferences at tier 7 & another division underneath that. :) 

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Midland League fixtures and a logo

https://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/news/posts/2021/june/midland-league-fixture-release-2021-22/

EDIT: The tweet from the ERJFA with the link has now been deleted. Has someone jumped the the gun or has the website link been screwed up?

Interesting motto........

I see the Scottish Junior Cup has 4 rounds planned up to November. Any idea how many teams are in it ? 

If round 4 took you to the Quarter Finals it would suggest between 65 & 128 teams.

If it took you to the Semi Finals between 33 & 64 teams.

There are around 50 teams left in the "official" Junior structure.

Are legacy WOSFL teams still competing ?

Edited by superbigal

9 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I see the Scottish Junior Cup has 4 rounds planned up to November. Any idea how many teams are in it ? 

If round 4 took you to the Quarter Finals it would suggest between 65 & 128 teams.

There's still WoSFL teams in it, but I would expect a drop. Nothing has come out on numbers from the AGM.

When the WoSFL put out their partial fixture list they included the rounds that would take place during that time. It was noted as

• 21/8 First Round
  • 25/9 Second Round
  • 30/10 Third Round 

image.png.8c9a332dd33110a215592b1561779668.pngimage.png.ed6b035d74fc05f66d4a212b4d09fd4b.pngimage.png.70f1f7756ebc9e022a228de7715110c9.png

Even though the Second Round is credited as 64 ties. I think it's more likely that its 64 teams. Since the SJFA doesn't have in excess of 128 teams.

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Think that means most west of the Spey HL clubs will be trying to actively avoid the NCL having learned from Brechin City to be sure to read the small print before it gets implemented. Will be interesting to see what Fort William's choice will be as they are the probable East Stirling in all of this.
Edited by LongTimeLurker