Midlands League

Marten

Posted in bold by the "scrupulous" Dundee businessman who has never ever avoided paying all his various debts.😇

I am in genuine disbelief at the events that have unfolded over the last few days at  Lochee United which culminated in the termination of newly appointed manager Kevin Harper.
It is clear that the decision to remove Mr Harper and appoint Mr Leahy has been a coordinated effort by long term members at the club.
As a consequence of these actions I am removing all support and sponsorship with immediate effect.

I'm actually 100% with the club members on this matter now.

Apparently Mr Carling signed Harper  on a 3 year contract worth £75,000.
He now wants his strips back.
Harper wants his 75K.
I think (Hope) the deal was with Carling and not Lochee for the financials as clearly the club could not afford that.
Griffiths for a Grand a week may have been the final straw of sheer stupidness.

Edited by superbigal

Wow it's all kicking off in public now I see.

Larry getting it big from Mr Big Carling.

Mr Carling having the audacity to say he has been conned.😄

Sure all the staff at Kingdom Gas, McGill Electrical etc made redundant after insolvency have heard it all before.

Edited by superbigal

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The sentence about the SPFL says everything for me.

This is one man's ego trip.

Never say never about getting to the SPFL, but let's first try to get to the Highland League. He seems the kind of guy who would just pull his money out if we stay in the ML or HFL for a bit longer than he'd like. And obviously that could blow up the club if we're then tied to expensive contracts for players and/or management.

4 minutes ago, Marten said:

Never say never about getting to the SPFL, but let's first try to get to the Highland League. He seems the kind of guy who would just pull his money out if we stay in the ML or HFL for a bit longer than he'd like. And obviously that could blow up the club if we're then tied to expensive contracts for players and/or management.

Absolutely but it sounds like another Darvel job.

The sentence about the SPFL says everything for me.
This is one man's ego trip.
Am I safe to now say I think the man is an absolute Knob End (Allegedly).  Look at his profiles.
Just wish people like him swanning about in their Rollers while screwing people over got their come uppance.

Ps my cat has more social media followers

Mid season report.

North End still leading the way, showing no signs of slowing up. Great consistency. In with a shout of the league without a doubt.

Broughty looking not bad but drop stupid point every few weeks by the look of it. Still doing well.

Kirrie winning but will come up short. Don't think their results against the top teams are good enough.

East Craigie taking a doing from Downfield. Downfield vastly improved and will be there or thereabouts come the end of season. East Craigie will also be up there.

Lochee Utd dropping more points. What a shocking week it's been for them. Need to sort themselves out before it's too late this season.

Carnoustie quietly going about their business. would be at least 6 points ahead of nearest challenger if they win their games in hand. The team to beat it seems.

Tayport in free fall since new manager went in.

It's between North End and Carnoustie for me. Carnoustie will definitely drop points, too close to call. Closely followed by the resurgent Downfield in 3rd.

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Jimmain said:

This has probably been covered many times before, but are Carnoustie planning on licencing any time soon?

Big problem for them is no lights or cover. Vaguely remember seeing 2024 as a target on that. Broughty and North End are maybe the more likely possibilities for doing it in time for next season but that's just speculation on my part.

Mid season report.

North End still leading the way, showing no signs of slowing up. Great consistency. In with a shout of the league without a doubt.

Broughty looking not bad but drop stupid point every few weeks by the look of it. Still doing well.

Kirrie winning but will come up short. Don't think their results against the top teams are good enough.

East Craigie taking a doing from Downfield. Downfield vastly improved and will be there or thereabouts come the end of season. East Craigie will also be up there.

Lochee Utd dropping more points. What a shocking week it's been for them. Need to sort themselves out before it's too late this season.

Carnoustie quietly going about their business. would be at least 6 points ahead of nearest challenger if they win their games in hand. The team to beat it seems.

Tayport in free fall since new manager went in.

It's between North End and Carnoustie for me. Carnoustie will definitely drop points, too close to call. Closely followed by the resurgent Downfield in 3rd.

Thoughts?
Clearly nobody has any thoughts then [emoji1787]

Are Tayport any worse than last year? Free fall seems a bit much.

Problem seems to me that as well as being the manager Daryl is also the midfield engine room. The team isn't good enough.

Would love to see North End win it and Carnoustie are going to have to do a lot of Sat - Wed - Sat's.