Midlands League

Marten

What a soulless place the Letham ground is. Pitch full of markings for hockey, basketball, polo and such like. 🙂 The bounce of the ball is horrendous. Viewing is terrible. One side only, no elevation for spectators. Hate these caged in "community" grounds.

What a soulless place the Letham ground is. Pitch full of markings for hockey, basketball, polo and such like. [emoji846] The bounce of the ball is horrendous. Viewing is terrible. One side only, no elevation for spectators. Hate these caged in "community" grounds.
At least at Letham you get inside the cage and there is a decent barrier for leaning on. Food and coffee was good as well. My experience albeit only for boys football.

16 hours ago, superbigal said:
21 hours ago, Den Spark said:
What a soulless place the Letham ground is. Pitch full of markings for hockey, basketball, polo and such like. emoji846.png The bounce of the ball is horrendous. Viewing is terrible. One side only, no elevation for spectators. Hate these caged in "community" grounds.

At least at Letham you get inside the cage and there is a decent barrier for leaning on. Food and coffee was good as well. My experience albeit only for boys football.

Nothing worse than having to watch football through a caged fencing. Riverview at Monifieth the worst.

21 hours ago, Den Spark said:

Nothing worse than having to watch football through a caged fencing. Riverview at Monifieth the worst.

The only times I've voluntarily watched football from outside a cage was just after grassroots football was allowed again back in May 2021. I was so desperate to watch live football again that I just went anywhere I could watch a game. :D 

Roselea do like to whinge about travel costs.

They really should have moved back when the Midlands started instead of pissing everyone about again.

Statement reads like they think they are doing everyone else a favour.

Kinnoull (Dislike of management committee for previous punishments),  Luncarty to follow ?

Talking of the committee it seems so weird they still call themselves

The East Region of the SJFA

Edited by superbigal

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

At least they've come to see sense on this issue, always felt strange that they didn't try to jump as soon as the Midlands League was announced.

I don't imagine they'd see a massive uplift in attendances. Black and white budgeting would be 26 league games v. 36 league games and the cups are basically the same. I can see why they played the waiting game since there were rumours of a joint Superleague. North Region expanding next year seems like a good time to jump.

53 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Hearing a fairly wild rumour about a new signing for Lochee United. I’ll leave it at that for now… 

I heard a few names being mentioned, including some very odd ones. None of it seems to be serious for now.