Midlands League

Marten

23 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Could be illness. Covid ripping through my work again 

I believe that’s what they’re claiming. But then one of the COVID victims was apparently getting married today too. Be interesting to see if that went ahead 🤔 

To be honest Carnoustie may not be too happy about being awarded a 3-0 win if the league ends up being as tight as it was last year where it looked like it could go to goal difference. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

Kirrie Thistle look the real deal. Blew a half decent North End team away tonight. 3-1 final but Kirrie could and should have had about 5 before the break. 

Pity that's the midweek games done. It's a great way to spend an evening after work.

Edited by invergowrie arab

Posted a Letham result tonight which i thought was correct (i left the game early) just been informed the match got abandoned a bit later because of floodlight failure. Letham were 3 nil down at the time.  Letham fc have just posted 80 odd home also out.  So no suspicion here!!😂

Edited by Welly boy

My wee write-up about Downfield's 3-2 win over Dyce in the Junior Cup, from the cup thread.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Downfield 3-2 Dyce

Thoroughly enjoyable game at Downfield Park today in the lovely sunshine. Downfield were firmly in charge early on, taking a 2-0 lead (a header and a tap in roond the keeper worthy of 'Fit the f**k?!' from the away support) with ease into the first drinks break. After that though, Dyce came right into the game and were on top by half-time, though without a goal to show for it. Dyce continued controlling the tempo in the second half, and managed to finally hit the net off a header from a lovely free kick, which wasn't a surprise given they looked dangerous from set pieces all game.

Oddly enough, the Dyce goal seemed to wake Downfield up and they took over the game for the next 15 minutes, looking dangerous for a while before scoring a beautifully-worked goal that looked to have sent the Spiders through to the next round. However, Dyce received a very late penalty (despite the linesman having his flag up for offside, shat it when the ref disagreed) and made it 3-2. Downfield had some last-ditch defending to do by the end but got the win, though their #10 looks to have badly hurt his arm doing so, hope he's alright.

A cracking game, especially after Dyce got a goal back.

We just can't see games out... Again, not taking our chances cost us. Should have been up by more at HT. First red card was never one. Second one was completely unnecessary and stupid. But we should have had the game wrapped up when the first was given.

On 03/09/2022 at 16:48, Marten said:

We just can't see games out... Again, not taking our chances cost us. Should have been up by more at HT. First red card was never one. Second one was completely unnecessary and stupid. But we should have had the game wrapped up when the first was given.

Up at a Wedding in Dundee over the weekend so went to Thomson Park for this. Enjoyed the game and aye, the first one was never a sending off. 

In the end I thought Lochee could have still nicked it even down two men...too much faffing at the end by Broughty.

• 2 weeks later...