Midlands League

Marten

Lochee 2 - 0 Carnoustie

Fun night at Thomson Park if only because it felt like it might descend into violence at any point.

Lochee very good but desperately miss a focal point up top. Lots of chances but a Carnoustie equaliser was just as likely as the late settler.

They could win the league but they are going to drop points if they need a dozen good opportunities to score.

Excellent team performance yesterday but I quite agree we miss a good focal point up front. The lack of fire power caused us to already drop points twice with our 2 draws. I know we're still looking for players so if we find a good striker we could be challengers, but we need to find one quickly.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Excellent team performance yesterday but I quite agree we miss a good focal point up front. The lack of fire power caused us to already drop points twice with our 2 draws. I know we're still looking for players so if we find a good striker we could be challengers, but we need to find one quickly.

What did you think of the late Carnoustie penalty claim?

Looked to me like keeper and striker both miss the ball and bang into each other. That's to the strikers detriment as without the collision he gets the ball first but I'm not sure that's a foul.

Seen them given many times though. 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

What did you think of the late Carnoustie penalty claim?

Looked to me like keeper and striker both miss the ball and bang into each other. That's to the strikers detriment as without the collision he gets the ball first but I'm not sure that's a foul.

Seen them given many times though. 

Admittedly I didn't have the best view of the situation, but from my position I also don't think it was a foul. Carnoustie fans were complaining a lot about the referee but I think he got the big calls largely right.

16 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Lochee 2 - 0 Carnoustie

Fun night at Thomson Park if only because it felt like it might descend into violence at any point.

Lochee very good but desperately miss a focal point up top. Lots of chances but a Carnoustie equaliser was just as likely as the late settler.

They could win the league but they are going to drop points if they need a dozen good opportunities to score.

Interesting...not a result I expected given the ones so far and the chat on here.

In the city visiting in-laws the weekend of the Utd v Broughty Ferry game on 3rd September. Never been to Thomson Pk so it might be good to cross it off my list that day...

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Admittedly I didn't have the best view of the situation, but from my position I also don't think it was a foul. Carnoustie fans were complaining a lot about the referee but I think he got the big calls largely right.

Thought the referee was excellent. 

One thing I notice at junior which probably happens at every level but you just don't hear it as clearly is having a go at the lino for refereeing decisions, as if they have a say in anything. 

Very comfortable win for Broughty today against a poor Forfar Utd. Had Skelly been playing it would have been double figures. Sadly for us, he looks like he might be out for another lengthy spell. Should be a good game v Kirrie this midweek up at their place. They have had a decent start to the season. Interesting to see our ex-manager Jamie McCunnie reffing today's game. Very easy game for him with no controversial moments whatsoever.

On 06/08/2022 at 16:59, Welly boy said:

Letham 7 Coupar Angus 0

Great team performance from Letham today, not going to say anything about Coupar Angus they just got beat from the better team on the day.

Another win for Scone! They’re going to win the league.