Midlands League

Marten

26 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Is it only Carnoustie, Tayport and Lochee Utd that have the SFA License from the Midlands League?

What clubs would be likely to be next in line if it is only those three?

If the will is there, then I don't think Broughty can be all that far away from getting licensed.  The will has got to be there though. I just hope everyone's on board.

Just Lochee Utd and Tayport with a license.  Blairgowrie, Carnoustie and North End have all indicated they hope to be licensed within the next few years or so.  Like above poster, can definitely see Broughty being in that mix too.

I took in the Broughty v Tayport game as a neutral today.

Whilst 2-0 was the final score, Broughty could/should easily have ran out 7-3 winners.  Entertaining and wide open game,  but in spite of a decent opening 15 minutes, Tayport were largely overran thereafter.

Some fine individual performances out there.  Broughty's number 4 coasted the game at centre half - very stylish performance, so composed.  Great timing, and excelled both in tackling and in the air.  The left back (3) was as good at defending as he was going forward.  Very much a modern day fullback.  Made great runs going forward, got decent crosses in, but his defensive work was excellent too, arguably even better.    Chased absolutely everything down, and won the ball back on numerous occasions.

Broughty will go far and will be interesting to see if they can challenge Carnoustie and the likes - game at Carnoustie this midweek will be an interesting gauge even after just 2 games. 

Tayport put their teamsheet out on Twitter and I have to say their number 8 (Paterson) pulled all the strings for them in midfield.  Great ball control, terrific passing ability, but even more impressive was his instinctiveness to get into the right areas.  Mouthy wee b@stard right enough, gave the referee and his fellow teammates an earful the entire game, but I'd put that down to a passion and desire for winning.  Tayport will bounce back and likely still finish in top 6. 

Best of luck to both clubs going forward.

Edited by Bundesliga Boy

12 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Is it only Carnoustie, Tayport and Lochee Utd that have the SFA License from the Midlands League?

What clubs would be likely to be next in line if it is only those three?

Carnoustie don't yet, they are in the Scottish Cup as they won the league last year.

Poor start for us, a bit sloppy at the back and that cost us. Hopefully we can recover for Wednesday.

Our manager George Shields just got released from hospital after he collapsed during the second half yesterday. It was scary to see, he had to be taken to hospital in an ambulance. That suddenly makes football very unimportant...

Massive credit to the match officials & Arbroath Vics staff who were very supportive and helped him & others where they could.

I see that the Downfield title train has left the station 😎

18 minutes ago, Marten said:

Our manager George Shields just got released from hospital after he collapsed during the second half yesterday. It was scary to see, he had to be taken to hospital in an ambulance. That suddenly makes football very unimportant...

Massive credit to the match officials & Arbroath Vics staff who were very supportive and helped him & others where they could.

Glad to hear he's ok, that would've been a scary time for everyone yesterday.

48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Anyone know of a decent site to keep track of Midland League scores? Got a daft and unimaginative bet on tonight..

image.png.9bfd25cd30f3226e4ec304c50850ba4d.png

Sorry don't no any sites but can give you a wee update on 2 of you picks.. Coupar Angus getting beat 3 nil and Letham winning 3 one. 

I cannot believe we managed to lose that game last night. We were far better in every department. Some absolutely bizarre officiating saw us down to 10  when they should have been down to 9. Many of  the same tactics on display from Panmure as last season. I will try to take the the positives out of it and come to the conclusion that we will win far more than we lose against the teams around us  towards the top of the table this season. Lots to be encouraged by. We will do much better this season playing like that. Onwards and upwards.

4 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Another season of Scone finishing rock bottom. Maybe marginally better than last season but still can’t see where any points are coming from.

Was at the game last night and Letham could have hit them for 7 or 8. So goodness knows what the top clubs scores will be against them, Fair play to them tho for going down the younger player route as it must be hard when you have Jeanfield, Luncarty, Letham and Kinnoull all competing for the best players in such a small area.

51 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

Was at the game last night and Letham could have hit them for 7 or 8. So goodness knows what the top clubs scores will be against them, Fair play to them tho for going down the younger player route as it must be hard when you have Jeanfield, Luncarty, Letham and Kinnoull all competing for the best players in such a small area.

They’re a likeable club/team and, as you say, are very young. They’d finish mid table in the Perthshire amateur 1st division though. 

3 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

I cannot believe we managed to lose that game last night. We were far better in every department. Some absolutely bizarre officiating saw us down to 10  when they should have been down to 9. Many of  the same tactics on display from Panmure as last season. I will try to take the the positives out of it and come to the conclusion that we will win far more than we lose against the teams around us  towards the top of the table this season. Lots to be encouraged by. We will do much better this season playing like that. Onwards and upwards.

Was at this game watching one of my pals (who scored Panmure’s first). Thought the Panmure penalty was soft although didn’t seem to be that many complaints. Skelly injured?

5 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Was at this game watching one of my pals (who scored Panmure’s first). Thought the Panmure penalty was soft although didn’t seem to be that many complaints. Skelly injured?

I  was a fair distance away but I didn't have too many complaints regarding the penalty. Maybe it was just the disappointment. At that point of the game they were  not even nearly worth a draw.  Skelly is indeed injured. Losing a  striker who hits 70 goals in the season is always going to be tough. Thankfully, he should be back for East Craigie on Saturday.  Yer mates goal was an absolute screamer and came at a time when we  were beginning to look quite comfortable. 

11 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

I  was a fair distance away but I didn't have too many complaints regarding the penalty. Maybe it was just the disappointment. At that point of the game they were  not even nearly worth a draw.  Skelly is indeed injured. Losing a  striker who hits 70 goals in the season is always going to be tough. Thankfully, he should be back for East Craigie on Saturday.  Yer mates goal was an absolute screamer and came at a time when we  were beginning to look quite comfortable. 

Yeah he’s a good player, goal on his weak foot too. Was at the Vics last season with Craig Tosh, who scored and assisted your goals. 

On 27/07/2022 at 19:26, welshbairn said:

Anyone know of a decent site to keep track of Midland League scores? Got a daft and unimaginative bet on tonight..

image.png.9bfd25cd30f3226e4ec304c50850ba4d.png

All Junior results are now posted on the SJFA Website North, Midlands (still called East on the site ?), and Scottish Junior Cup:

https://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/scottish-junior-fa/

17 minutes ago, ham1sh68 said:

All Junior results are now posted on the SJFA Website North, Midlands (still called East on the site ?), and Scottish Junior Cup:

https://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/scottish-junior-fa/

Not live and not even necessarily in the following few hours 

On 29/07/2022 at 08:21, Lichtie78 said:

Yeah he’s a good player, goal on his weak foot too. Was at the Vics last season with Craig Tosh, who scored and assisted your goals. 

Was at this as a neutral and thoroughly enjoyed it played at a decent tempo. Impressed with young Tosh who scored the first for the Fed and set up second. Screamer for Carnoustie then the sending off changed it all. There could have been a red before that for a Carnoustie player for a punch but happened in a flash so could have that wrong. For me the penlaty was soft but maybe clumsy more than deliberate however my friends thought it might have been. Only one winner from there and harsh on Broughty who deserved at least a point. Two good teams and highly entertaining for £6. One small picky point was the amount of weeds in the corner of the pitch beside the Pie hut. Surely they could be removed or sprayed as were very unsighlty (on the pitch not the surrounding). Still a great set up at Carnoustie and has the pitch been moved over a few yards from the far side as cant remember the gap between the banking and pitch being so wide?