Midlands League

Marten

13 minutes ago, raith_94 said:

Cheers Marten. Everyone I know from Kirrie tells me to avoid the place (and that they know Scott McKenna) but I'm game nonetheless.

I always recommend first time visitors to Grant Street to stop at the Nip Inn beforehand and ask for a taste of their cask ales. :whistle

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I always recommend first time visitors to Grant Street to stop at the Nip Inn beforehand and ask for a taste of their cask ales. :whistle

Aye quality establishment the "nip" 🙈

But yeah great pint in it  👍

1 hour ago, superbigal said:
21 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:
I went to Downfield once last year. I'm just a soft country lad but I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of that committee 

Who's the committee?

goodfellas-publicity-portrait.jpeg

2 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Any one know where to find what friendlies Broughty have arranged?

Search for Broughty Athletic on google. Try their website (nothing), Twitter (nothing), and then Facebook (see below)

https://www.facebook.com/Broughtyathletic/posts/pfbid02oaVrtQADV9BTejrmMs8XHgFYYLNs7o11gE9fRMPEq6dcMGZxfu1VaCW1pYEX7iBsl

35 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Search for Broughty Athletic on google. Try their website (nothing), Twitter (nothing), and then Facebook (see below)

https://www.facebook.com/Broughtyathletic/posts/pfbid02oaVrtQADV9BTejrmMs8XHgFYYLNs7o11gE9fRMPEq6dcMGZxfu1VaCW1pYEX7iBsl

Thank you 

Might go to one of Luncarty or Hill of Beath

Maybe both.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2022 at 13:37, Marten said:

Just to add one a bit outside of Dundee, but worth visiting: Kirrie Thistle is strongly recommended. Absolutely lovely people, very welcoming.

Steak & skirlie pies !

On 30/06/2022 at 23:01, superbigal said:

Wolecki out at Tayport.

Darryl McKenzie  to be announced.

Lack of players looks a problem.

Was up midweek. Darryl is a great lad but he looked the best player in the side as well as essentially running the whole game and being ages with me that's probably not good enough to  be challenging for titles.

It's pre season though so maybe too early to judge and beating Crossgates a decent result. Game of two halves but yous were better team in the second.

It only seems to have ended about 20 minutes ago but here we are with a new season upon us, raring to go next Saturday. Tayport, Carnoustie and East Craigie in the first 3 weeks will certainly show us where we are. Currently, I have absolutely no idea about what's going on at the club having  spent a chunk of the summer in hospital but as always at this time of year, I  am full of confidence and optimism. If that can be sustained for more than 3 or 4 weeks this time out then that will be a bonus. From what I  saw at the tail  end of last season we need 4 or  5 players to be challenging up top. Hopeful of getting to  a few more games this season (health permitting). Mon the Fed.

A comfortable home win for Broughty today. We looked a lot better than last season even without the injured goal machine Josh Skelly and I have to  say Tayport looked a little  bit  poorer but early days and all  that. A harder test to  come against Carnoustie in midweek. Saw this on the Lochee Utd twatter page. Raised a smile.