Midlands League

Marten

www.thegowfers.com/budgets-protect-sustainability-says-chief-executive/

Carnoustie Panmure going for a licence for the end of 2223/24:

Believe it or not, our squad are back in training ready for the start of the 2022/23 season on July 23rd and our target is to retain the title, enjoy our participation in the Scottish Cup, and as always, to be competitive.

Winning the Midlands League was the culmination of four years of work and thanks to Covid it was a year later than planned, but the feelings felt at Strathmore Park when Nathan Clac-Mansfield blew the final whistle were up there with the best I have felt in nearly 50 years of watching football.

When I joined Carnoustie 6 ½ years ago the talk was still about the Scottish Junior Cup win back in 2004 and I wanted to add to that win with more silverware, winning the G A Engineering Cup at Tannadice was the start, but winning the Midland League was exactly where we were aiming when Phil came to the club but we now want more.

This season has seen us start to put plans in place to develop Laing Park and these plans continue at pace, now we are part of the SFA Pyramid, we can now progress upwards but to do that we need to be holders of an SFA Licence and to do that, a covered enclosure and floodlights are the two major requirements along with a raft of minor improvements. I am delighted to say that we have made significant progress on these projects over the last few months and will be progressing them over the next 12 months and our target is to be licenced by the end of the 2023/24 season.

Moving on to the playing squad, I want to thank every player that has played a part in our title win, every single player gave their all for the cause, playing through injury, changing work shifts and putting football ahead of important aspects of their lives away from Carnoustie Panmure FC.

There comes a time at every club when popular players move on and that is the case for us with Connor Coupe and Steven McPhee leaving the club. Both players were offered new deals by the club, but we couldn’t get close to what was on offer elsewhere. We have a budget that we work too and will continue to do so to protect the long-term sustainability of the football club.

As players leave, others come in and once their contracts have expired with their clubs and registrations passed by the SFA they will be announced but out of respect to their current clubs we won’t announce them until that time, sadly that is not always the case with other clubs.

We will be holding an open training session followed by a chance to see the Midlands League Trophy and get a photograph with it on Saturday June 25th at Laing Park, the start time has still to be confirmed.

Finally, I want to thank all of our sponsors, advertisers and supporters for their backing during last season and look forward to meeting up again when we begin our pre-season fixtures, we will be announcing the programme soon.

East Craigie solid enough but without McGrath I can't see them doing much.

Not a huge surprise but I think its Lochee United and Carnoustie to battle it out unless Broughty seriously strengthen. Think Tayport will be better too.

Also have a wee feeling for North End to do well.

I think that's me covered all bases now.

Lochee United

Carnoustie

Tayport

North End 

Broughty

East Craigie

Who knows what after that but I think last season was a high water mark for Harp

21 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I presume the aim for Downfield is to reach the top half of the table and a decent cup run or two. Mon the Spiders, hoping to get to a good few games, did ok this season past but not as much as I wanted to.

They’re fairly chucking the money around. Signed 3 players from Carnoustie including 2 of their top boys. Some interesting rumours about where the money’s coming from…

44 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

They’re fairly chucking the money around. Signed 3 players from Carnoustie including 2 of their top boys. Some interesting rumours about where the money’s coming from…

I'll hazard a guess at the proceeds of recreational pharmaceutical products.

2 hours ago, raith_94 said:

Moved to Dundee recently and hoping to get along to some Midland league games this season, particularly midweek. Any particularly recommended? Sounds like Downfield not for the faint hearted?

Being biased I'll obviously say Lochee United, but I came here as an "outsider" and was made to feel welcome from the very first time I visited. Plenty of "neutrals" visiting have written very positive comments about us too.

Of the other clubs, I enjoy going to North End, very friendly club and a nice ground.

4 hours ago, raith_94 said:

Moved to Dundee recently and hoping to get along to some Midland league games this season, particularly midweek. Any particularly recommended? Sounds like Downfield not for the faint hearted?

I enjoy going to Downfield games, though as long as I'm sitting watching any game I will usually be happy.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

41 minutes ago, raith_94 said:

Cheers guys. I'm pretty happy sitting/standing watching any game too so will probably try to get along to all the grounds at some stage. Will report back! Much appreciated.

Just to add one a bit outside of Dundee, but worth visiting: Kirrie Thistle is strongly recommended. Absolutely lovely people, very welcoming.

5 minutes ago, raith_94 said:

Cheers Marten. Everyone I know from Kirrie tells me to avoid the place (and that they know Scott McKenna) but I'm game nonetheless.

Kirrie as a place might not be the most impressive, but I like the club and that's what this is about.