Midlands League

Marten

I presume Tayport are in the Midlands and not the EOS because it's about 40 metres from Dundee?
As FWF already said, they see themselves as a Tayside club. The ML & EOS have an agreement that the DD postcode area falls under the ML, while KY postcodes are EOS territory. This puts a small, "Tayside focused", area in Fife with the ML. It only really affects Tayport (who get what they want) but in theory, applications from Newport or Wormit would be directed to the ML, while applications from places like Cupar would be directed to the EOS.

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Any news on Lochee @Marten

Not yet, but at first I heard the club would with any announcements wait until it's official at the AGM. It might now be sooner as other clubs have gone public but just on Saturday they were confident it was sorted.

The club isn't the most active on social media either tbh.

10 hours ago, Marten said:

As FWF already said, they see themselves as a Tayside club. The ML & EOS have an agreement that the DD postcode area falls under the ML, while KY postcodes are EOS territory. This puts a small, "Tayside focused", area in Fife with the ML. It only really affects Tayport (who get what they want) but in theory, applications from Newport or Wormit would be directed to the ML, while applications from places like Cupar would be directed to the EOS.

Tayport however did prepare moving to the EOS if the pyramid solution had not been resolved for Tayside. 

53 minutes ago, zenon said:

Tayport however did prepare moving to the EOS if the pyramid solution had not been resolved for Tayside. 

It was admirable how quickly the Tayside clubs got together and sorted themselves out, it was a major blockage in the pyramid. Only a year or so before I listened to a podcast with someone from Dyce and someone from a Tayside club laughing about it ever happening. The Dyce guy was saying they could never join the pyramid because pilots would mistake their ground for the airport if they put up floodlights. :1eye They're now up and blasting light out.. The Tayside guy was equally dismissive and hostile to any link to the North.

Tayport-East Craigie tomorrow in some cup final or other. Pretty much last game of the season. Hard to see past Tayport, East Craigie have lost McGrath and don't seem to have turned up in their last few games. They;ve had a great season and I doubt McGrath will be their only departure this summer.

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It was admirable how quickly the Tayside clubs got together and sorted themselves out, it was a major blockage in the pyramid...

Forfar West End's EoS application (plus North End and Broughty if rumours are to be believed) definitely appeared to focus some minds in SJFA circles that had still been daydreaming about the east region being a tier 6 feeder to the LL.

A couple of seasons earlier the northern portion of the pyramid was going nowhere fast but timing was perfect last year given the HL was actively sorting out what to do with the NCL and north region as feeders by that point. Maybe Cove Rangers getting promoted and doing so well at the League Two level shifted some of the old school attitudes.

Don't think some of the HL clubs realised the full implications of what they signed off on because Tayside juniors are a different kettle of fish from what they have locally in the north region. If Tayport and presumably Lochee United were not licensed for 2022-23, the only clubs that would be a factor moving into next season would be Golspie and Fort William who are far from a lock on winning the NCL and probably could be beaten by the bottom placed HL club in the context of a playoff.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The Quest Engineering Inter-Regional Cup Final. The fancy name for the North/Tayside Cup.

Worth noting that Banks O' Dee got pumped 3-0 by East Craigie in this competition, maybe they've got promoted just in time. They also got knocked out of the Junior Cup by Lochee United. Not to say they won't do well in the Highland League, they've been doing some serious recruitment and I'd guess top 6 minimum, probably top 4, given their record against HL sides in cups.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Worth noting that Banks O' Dee got pumped 3-0 by East Craigie in this competition, maybe they've got promoted just in time. They also got knocked out of the Junior Cup by Lochee United. Not to say they won't do well in the Highland League, they've been doing some serious recruitment and I'd guess top 6 minimum, probably top 4, given their record against HL sides in cups.

I saw both games. If I remember right both games were the week after Scottish Cup ties against East Fife and Raith. I thought Lochee were a bit lucky on the day but East Craigie completely outplayed Dee. 

East Craigie end the season in a high with a 5-1 win over Tayport in the Inter-Regional Cup final. Pretty comfortable, and some good football on a scorcher of a day. Glad the Shippy got some silverware this season, they've earned it.

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

East Craigie end the season in a high with a 5-1 win over Tayport in the Inter-Regional Cup final. Pretty comfortable, and some good football on a scorcher of a day. Glad the Shippy got some silverware this season, they've earned it.

Well deserved. Is this their first piece of silverware? 

Tayport had 12 "fit" players. They started their second choice goalie with their number one keeper (strictly speaking no. 14) on the bench. Their heavily strapped forward succumbed to injury about 10 minutes in. Numero 14 came on, as per the game plan. 

East Craigie's right midfielder looked decent. 

On 03/06/2022 at 12:59, Ivo den Bieman said:

Tayport-East Craigie tomorrow in some cup final or other. Pretty much last game of the season. Hard to see past Tayport, East Craigie have lost McGrath and don't seem to have turned up in their last few games. They;ve had a great season and I doubt McGrath will be their only departure this summer.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

East Craigie end the season in a high with a 5-1 win over Tayport in the Inter-Regional Cup final. 

200.gif.1287b61ee3e3be52aa4ac039a195458d.gif

40 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Please just disappear and leave this thread to people who have an interest in football. 

How many thousands of posters left to make you the arbiter of that?