Midlands League

Marten

Kirrie Thistle v Downfield abandoned due to a serious injury of a Downfield player... I haven't heard any details, but I hope the guy will be ok.

The game will be replayed on Tuesday, with the winners traveling to Glenesk Park to face Lochee United in the final.

Luke Graham gets my MOM for Lochee Utd yesterday. Strolled through the game, scoring twice, the first an absolute beauty from outside the area. Vics were decent first half but faded badly in the second period. 

Kirrie Thistle v Downfield abandoned due to a serious injury of a Downfield player... I haven't heard any details, but I hope the guy will be ok.
The game will be replayed on Tuesday, with the winners traveling to Glenesk Park to face Lochee United in the final.

Apparently a guy broke his leg, was 2 hour wait for an ambulance.

5 hours ago, Den Spark said:

Luke Graham gets my MOM for Lochee Utd yesterday. Strolled through the game, scoring twice, the first an absolute beauty from outside the area. Vics were decent first half but faded badly in the second period. 

Shame I couldn't be there (unbelievable that people get married on semi final day of the East Region League Cup!). But that matches with what I heard from others. I was a bit surprised with that scoreline tbh as Vics looked a decent side when we were over in Arbroath just a few weeks ago. Looking forward to the final, Glenesk Park is a decent venue for it imo.

Lochee United defeated Kirrie Thistle 3-0 in the final at Glenesk Park this afternoon.

The main talking point of the game was a late Lochee United substitute receiving a red card within 90 seconds of coming on for sticking the nut on a Kirrie defender. 

Bizarre. 

12 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Lochee United defeated Kirrie Thistle 3-0 in the final at Glenesk Park this afternoon.

The main talking point of the game was a late Lochee United substitute receiving a red card within 90 seconds of coming on for sticking the nut on a Kirrie defender. 

Bizarre. 

I doubt even Mcbookies were taking card bets for this one. :lol:

2 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Bizarre. 

Deserved win, a good performance in the second half. But really, WTF was he thinking???

10 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Why was he even on the park in the first place? He looked a good 10kg overweight. 

He's played a fair number of games this season, not one of our best players, but he has put in some decent performances. Very odd why he did this.

But that didn't ruin a good day. Very nice to end the season with some silverware. We haven't been consistent enough to challenge for the league title, but we're now ending the season on the verge of licensing and won the league cup so I can't complain! With the expenses of licensing now paid for & us being able to reap the rewards of that going forward, we should be able to improve. We have a decent enough team but we need more backup. This season has shown that there weren't really enough adequate replacements if we have a few injuries/suspensions. If we can keep our first team players & get a few extra players to give us more options/backups, we should be able to challenge more in the league too.

Edited by Marten

46 minutes ago, Marten said:

He's played a fair number of games this season, not one of our best players, but he has put in some decent performances. Very odd why he did this.

I wondered if he was a director or something and they put him on near the end when they were home and dry. Bizarre incident.

8 minutes ago, Strathman said:

I wondered if he was a director or something and they put him on near the end when they were home and dry. Bizarre incident.

Especially bizarre as it wasn't a nasty game in the slightest, played in good spirit on both sides. Sometimes you see such incidents when tensions run very high so a player could already be pumped up when coming off the bench, but yesterday was definitely not that kind of game.

19 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Bizarre. 

Who was it?