Midlands League

Marten

Great performance from Lochee United yesterday. Fully deserved win. Unbelievable half time draw prizes at Craigie. £70, £30 and £20. Most I've ever won was a tenner.

Good to meet up with the Fitba Nomad. Look out for his blog with his match (and pub) report. 

7 hours ago, Den Spark said:

Great performance from Lochee United yesterday. Fully deserved win. Unbelievable half time draw prizes at Craigie. £70, £30 and £20. Most I've ever won was a tenner.

Good to meet up with the Fitba Nomad. Look out for his blog with his match (and pub) report. 

I couldn't make it unfortunately due to illness. I've heard Greg Kirk's return has been very important for us. Hopefully with him we can have a good run to end the season (and maybe do something in the League Cup).

The battle for 3rd place intensifies tomorrow as my beloved Fed travel to Thomson Park to face Lochee Utd. We have been inconsistency personified, well, all season really. A 2-2 draw at home to Harp, sorry, Couper Angus was followed by a 9-0 demolition of Downfield. So which Fed will turn up tomorrow? The same accusation, of course, could be levelled at Lochee Utd. Just been too inconsistent throughout and therefore both teams have been left in the slipstream of Carnoustie and East Craigie. I would love to get along to this one tomorrow but due to illness, I just need to take things day by day. Needless to say though, if I feel good the moarn, I'll be there. The game at Whitton earlier in the season was a belter with a 1-0 win for Broughty. Same again, please.

On 23/02/2022 at 09:54, Den Spark said:

Always been impressed by the C Angus keeper, Lewis Coutts, even when they were taking real tankings. His performances mostly kept the score down. Must be a relief for him to have some capable defenders in front of him for a change.

Even Lewis Coutts got bombed out.  Away to Kirrie on loan I believe, having turned down a notably larger team.

57 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Even Lewis Coutts got bombed out.  Away to Kirrie on loan I believe, having turned down a notably larger team.

"Dundee Mersanaries FC" some shower. 

I'm sure the lad will enjoy his time with Kirrie.

12 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

The battle for 3rd place intensifies tomorrow as my beloved Fed travel to Thomson Park to face Lochee Utd. We have been inconsistency personified, well, all season really. A 2-2 draw at home to Harp, sorry, Couper Angus was followed by a 9-0 demolition of Downfield. So which Fed will turn up tomorrow? The same accusation, of course, could be levelled at Lochee Utd. Just been too inconsistent throughout and therefore both teams have been left in the slipstream of Carnoustie and East Craigie. I would love to get along to this one tomorrow but due to illness, I just need to take things day by day. Needless to say though, if I feel good the moarn, I'll be there. The game at Whitton earlier in the season was a belter with a 1-0 win for Broughty. Same again, please.

Good summary, both teams are good sides but just too inconsistent to mount a serious challenge to East Craigie & Carnoustie. It's pretty much impossible to predict as a lot depends on what versions of Broughty & Lochee United will turn up tomorrow. If we play like we did at East Craigie we'll have a great chance. But with our inconsistency you just don't know...

On a different note, sorry to hear that illness stops you from going. Best wishes to you.

Edited by Marten

Lochee United 2-0 Broughty Athletic
Excellent result for us. The first half was a bit scrappy, few chances for either side. The second half was much better from our side. We put them under a lot of pressure, their goalkeeper made some good saves but we eventually found the breakthrough and scored a second to seal the game late on.

Quite poor refereeing tbh, with some debatable offside and yellow card decisions imo. He was equally poor for both sides so I don't think it influenced the result but it was still frustrating.

Made it to Thomson Park today for the first time in a while for a decent battle between Lochee Utd and Broughty, thought Broughty had the better of the first half and definitely should have had a penalty, but created very little in terms of out and out chances.

In the second half Lochee United were miles ahead and should have buried a couple of great chances, two good goals in the final 15 were deserved, and 2-0 probably was the right result to keep Lochee's slim title challenge going for another week or so.

£3 for a very good Steak Pie and a Tea is also exceptional value.

Mrs The Hunter is going out on April 23rd and the Vale's season will be finished, so looking at Dundee North End v Scone Thistle that afternoon. What can I expect both ground wise and game quality wise?
I quite like North End Park, a proper old school ground with covered terracing on one side. North End are a decent side. Higher mid table, a bit inconsistent but can play some decent football. Scone on the other hand are very poor.

23 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Mrs The Hunter is going out on April 23rd and the Vale's season will be finished, so looking at Dundee North End v Scone Thistle that afternoon. What can I expect both ground wise and game quality wise?

As Marten says a "proper" ground that puts many other juniors and even HFL teams in the shade. 

Also an excellent social club to get a pint or diet Irn Bru. 

Should be comfortable for the Dokens but it's a great wee ground to tick off. 

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think Coupar Angus now have the Lochee Harp team and management from earlier this season on board who had applied to join the league as Menzieshill but got rejected.

And if Menzieshill try again and get elected will they all up and leave and leave CA without any players and management?

57 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

And if Menzieshill try again and get elected will they all up and leave and leave CA without any players and management?

Of course they will,  You only have to look at lochee harp and the mess they are in after they all up'd and left. Dundee Mercenaries fc at there best.