Midlands League

Marten

Are there any plans for an Under 20's Development League covering the Midlands League area? Is there a league already? Which clubs might be interested?
No
Ddyfa covers youth football in area up to under 19s.
Some are linked however to clubs.

Quite fancy the corporate hospitality package at St James.

Mock Chop Supper.

Medium rare please Chef

NB Veggies can gtf

View image on Twitter

From Stirling University for those not in the know

Some items, such as the chip steak supper and the mock chop, are joked about as currently being “mythical” in Scotland. However, these items can be found in Dundee. A chip steak is a type of chopped meat with seasoning and the type can vary, while it is claimed online that a mock chop is essentially a battered and fried lamb kebab. These menu items are so uncommon that there can be great differences between establishments. 

Edited by superbigal

On 19/01/2022 at 16:43, Pyramidic said:

On a similar vein are there any bottom drawer plans to split the Midlands League into two divisions for season 2022/23 - particularly if there are a couple of applications from new clubs pending?

There have been rumours that there will be a joint North/Midlands "superleague" at tier 6, which would mean the remaining teams end up in tier 7. But I'm not sure how far those talks are.

2 minutes ago, Marten said:

There have been rumours that there will be a joint North/Midlands "superleague" at tier 6, which would mean the remaining teams end up in tier 7. But I'm not sure how far those talks are.

Cheers Marten. This in my opinion would be a very sensible and meaningful move for the stronger East Region/Midlands and North Region clubs. It would also present those clubs dropping to Tier 7 with a more balanced competition. The new road infrastructure - AWPR - also helps facilitate such a ‘super league’ initiative.

3 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Cheers Marten. This in my opinion would be a very sensible and meaningful move for the stronger East Region/Midlands and North Region clubs. It would also present those clubs dropping to Tier 7 with a more balanced competition. The new road infrastructure - AWPR - also helps facilitate such a ‘super league’ initiative.

Yep, with the Aberdeen by-pass it's much easier to get past Aberdeen. It would get rid of some of the unbalanced matches in both the North and Midlands, which can only be a good thing really.

Has this joint superleague been rumoured as still happening recently? The playoff rules that have been drafted specifically mention the east region (Midlands league) and north region and that they both have to sign off on any future changes. That looks like a final destination rather than a transitional arrangement.  

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

And would leave the Northern Pyramid massively lopsided. @Marten , where are you getting these rumours from, as vaguely as you like if it's confidential?

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

And would leave the Northern Pyramid massively lopsided. @Marten , where are you getting these rumours from, as vaguely as you like if it's confidential?

It's confidential, but the same source who told me about the formation of the Midlands League well before it was announced. I realise it leaves it lopsided, ideally the boundary between the new Tayside/Grampian league and the NCL should be moved westwards in such a case. But I wonder if the NCL will be interested in that as it would massively increase travel for plenty of their clubs? As far as I am aware, they are involved in the talks of any further changes to the structure though, so they're not being ignored.

34 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's not just the NCL that would have to be involved, but the HL as well. Since some of the HL clubs that might get relegated and opt for the North Region might not fancy the extra journeys down Tayside.

True, but on the other hand they would end up in a higher standard league. Also, if they drop in the North Region they'd still have to face a play-off against the ML champions (if licensed) if they want to go back up. In case of a merger, they'd "only" have to beat the NCL champions & HL bottom team.

Lost 2-1 at Carnoustie. I wasn't at the game, but apparently it was a very close game which could have gone either way. Carnoustie are a good side so it's nothing to be ashamed of, but this all but put an end to our title hopes which is obviously disappointing. But with us being close to obtaining our license, we'll be in a good position to build for next season.

Obviously plenty of games still to go so we should keep going for it, but realistically East Craigie have been very strong this season so they won't throw it away from this position.

Edited by Marten