Midlands League

Marten

Decent win today against Blairgowrie. I wasn't there, but by the sounds of it, we were easily the better team. We should have scored more but a win is a win. Another positive is that some players who were injured made their comebacks today.

Blairgowrie's pitch is currently being re-laid, a lot of work is being done at the ground so they won't play there for a few months in total probably.

Aye they are getting a “plastic pitch”. It’ll be in use in December I hear.

On 14/11/2021 at 00:47, Marten said:

Decent win today against Blairgowrie. I wasn't there, but by the sounds of it, we were easily the better team. We should have scored more but a win is a win. Another positive is that some players who were injured made their comebacks today.

Dominated the game, but result not confirmed until second goal went in, courtesy of a terrific Kerr Hay free kick. Good to see Danny Cavanagh back. Wasn't expecting him to be back fit so early.

On another note, I won the top prize in the half time draw for the second week running. Going for the hat trick at Thomson Park on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

Dominated the game, but result not confirmed until second goal went in, courtesy of a terrific Kerr Hay free kick. Good to see Danny Cavanagh back. Wasn't expecting him to be back fit so early.

On another note, I won the top prize in the half time draw for the second week running. Going for the hat trick at Thomson Park on Saturday.

You do better than me with that... I've never won it anywhere. Surely with the amount of games I go to (and usually I buy HT draw tickets), I should be due a win by now? ;) 

3 hours ago, Marten said:

You do better than me with that... I've never won it anywhere. Surely with the amount of games I go to (and usually I buy HT draw tickets), I should be due a win by now? ;) 

Just to rub it in I also won a fiver at Lochee about a month ago.

Well... Should definitely have won that one. We were all over them but just didn't finish our chances. Very disappointing.

Referee didn't help by missing a stonewall penalty to us and late on sending one of our players off after blatant cheating by a FWE player. Their attitude was an absolute disgrace. But even regardless of that, we should have won this.

Well... Should definitely have won that one. We were all over them but just didn't finish our chances. Very disappointing.

Referee didn't help by missing a stonewall penalty to us and late on sending one of our players off after blatant cheating by a FWE player. Their attitude was an absolute disgrace. But even regardless of that, we should have won this.
How many excuses can you actually come up with?

How many excuses can you actually come up with?
I clearly said that regardless of the referee, we have ourselves to blame for not finishing our chances and we should have won that. So I'm not making excuses for dropping points.

That doesn't change that FWE had a horrible attitude and were cheating.

I clearly said that regardless of the referee, we have ourselves to blame for not finishing our chances and we should have won that. So I'm not making excuses for dropping points.

That doesn't change that FWE had a horrible attitude and were cheating.
One day, we'll read you giving the opposition credit. Maybe.

Don't think you could have bet on anybody outwith Broughty, Carnoustie or Lochee to win the league at the start of season but it really is beginning to look like East Craigie are going to do a Leicester. I keep waiting for them to trip up but it just isn't happening. Obviously we're out of the running and whilst Lochee and Carnoustie are still very much in it, I think my fiver would be on EC right now.

9 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Don't think you could have bet on anybody outwith Broughty, Carnoustie or Lochee to win the league at the start of season but it really is beginning to look like East Craigie are going to do a Leicester. I keep waiting for them to trip up but it just isn't happening. Obviously we're out of the running and whilst Lochee and Carnoustie are still very much in it, I think my fiver would be on EC right now.

Season is still long, and they still got all the other challengers to play one more time, but you're right that they are impressive.