Midlands League

Marten

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

Lochee United at home 12/5  mmmmmmmmmm

Same odds for Clach v Nairn away, which is tempting though by no means a certainty. With BoD continuing to swat away HL leading sides at will, it will be interesting for those a little concerned about the new Northern pyramid underbelly.

Same odds for Clach v Nairn away, which is tempting though by no means a certainty. With BoD continuing to swat away HL leading sides at will, it will be interesting for those a little concerned about the new Northern pyramid underbelly.
Thing is BOD have had their hardest marches against Harthill who are frankly not very good., and Syngenta who are bit of a mystery.
I would expect Lochee to despatch both of those teams. Lochee also beat Bridge of Don fairly comfortably.
I must admit to have tried to help my old team mate Stevie Dolan in his first game in charge of bridge of don to beat Lochee.

Talking of old Deveronvale team mates, another one takes his first game as Tayport manager tomorrow.

19 hours ago, tellyboy said:

Despite the North being weaker than the Midlands Banks o Dee have improved vastly year on year and are the real deal. Only issue could be that they dont play teams of a decent level every week but that has improved with the various cups they take part in. They have signed three players that have been at a higher level in the last week. That said I do also fancy Lochee Utd with them being at home but will be a close one and a cracking tie and wish I could be there

I find it hard what to really expect. I watched BOD earlier this season against yourselves and they looked strong, but I did leave wondering how their defence would stand against stronger opposition players up front. We have some decent players up front so it could potentially be a high-scoring affair.

Having said that, I've probably jinxed it now and it will end up being 0-0 and to be decided on penalties. 😂

2 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

BOO! Now have to decide between Broughty (plastic pitch, uurgh!), Tayport or Arbroath v Dunfermline. 

There are very few games going ahead, but I don't think anything has been heard from Tayport yet. I'd be surprised tbh if their game would go ahead.

Broughty 13 Kirrie 0. It was only a month ago that Kirrie beat us 4-2 at home in one of the local cups. We're too inconsistent to win the league and are probably too far behind anyway but a few more results like this would be nice. At least this has us looking forward to our next game against Lochee/Carnoustie/ E.Craigie. This was the biggest win of the season for anybody in the Midlands League. Another 7 goals for Josh Skelly taking his league tally to 45. 

Broughty 13 Kirrie 0. It was only a month ago that Kirrie beat us 4-2 at home in one of the local cups. We're too inconsistent to win the league and are probably too far behind anyway but a few more results like this would be nice. At least this has us looking forward to our next game against Lochee/Carnoustie/ E.Craigie. This was the biggest win of the season for anybody in the Midlands League. Another 7 goals for Josh Skelly taking his league tally to 45. 
That's an absolute embarrassment of a result.

Some amount of goals for the lad but how many of them have been against the top sides? Genuine question.

28 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:
3 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Some amount of goals for the lad but how many of them have been against the top sides? Genuine question.

That depends how many teams you think are "top sides" in our division. That is up for debate. What is not in doubt is that he is an excellent striker destined for bigger things if he wants it. On your other point I wholeheartedly agree 13-0 is embarrassing but not as embarrassing as the 2-4 result.

That depends how many teams you think are "top sides" in our division. That is up for debate. What is not in doubt is that he is an excellent striker destined for bigger things if he wants it. On your other point I wholeheartedly agree 13-0 is embarrassing but not as embarrassing as the 2-4 result.
Lochee
Carnoustie
North End
East Craigie
Tayport

15 hours ago, Den Spark said:

Decided on Tayport 2 Harp 1. Bad Tempered game,. Surprised only one ordering off.

If you went to Gayfield you coulda watched some Fifers boo a bus.

Mind you if you go to Lochgelly you can watch Fifers run away from a bus shouting "the mechanical beast has returned."

7 hours ago, Wet Wullie said:

Lochee
Carnoustie
North End
East Craigie
Tayport

I don't keep a wallchart logging results, scorers, yellow cards and what the players had for their tea that day but he's got 45, 17 more than the next top scorer. Off the top of my head I think he scored against North End and East Craigie and he may have scored the winner against Lochee. What are your thoughts on him as a player? Who would you put above him in the league? What are you having for your tea tonight?

I don't keep a wallchart logging results, scorers, yellow cards and what the players had for their tea that day but he's got 45, 17 more than the next top scorer. Off the top of my head I think he scored against North End and East Craigie and he may have scored the winner against Lochee. What are your thoughts on him as a player? Who would you put above him in the league? What are you having for your tea tonight?

No need to get shirty.

I asked a genuine question because I'm curious as to who his goals have been against. It's a good gauge don't you think? You suggested in a previous post that you think someone further up the ladder will be looking at him. I'm assuming you mean a senior side? Do you think he's good enough to go back senior given he didn't make the grade a couple of years back? Again, genuine question.

Don't know the lad, but I've seen him play twice and he hasn't scored in either game. However, 45 goals at this time of the season is undoubtedly, extremely impressive.

In my opinion, the lad from East Craigie would be a better gamble for any senior side, so I hope that's okay.

A nice gammon joint with roasters and winter vegetables. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Wet Wullie said:

No need to get shirty.

I asked a genuine question because I'm curious as to who his goals have been against. It's a good gauge don't you think? You suggested in a previous post that you think someone further up the ladder will be looking at him. I'm assuming you mean a senior side? Do you think he's good enough to go back senior given he didn't make the grade a couple of years back? Again, genuine question.

Don't know the lad, but I've seen him play twice and he hasn't scored in either game. However, 45 goals at this time of the season is undoubtedly, extremely impressive.

In my opinion, the lad from East Craigie would be a better gamble for any senior side, so I hope that's okay.

A nice gammon joint with roasters and winter vegetables. Thanks.

Shirty? Moi? I think Dundee have high hopes for Grady. Being a somewhat lapsed Dee myself, I hope their hopes are realised. I saw first hand what a season in the juniors did for Louis Appere and see a lot of similarities between Louis and Josh. He misses a lot of chances as well but I think he could do well in League 2 as he has matured a bit from his last stint playing at that level. I've only seen McGrath once. He was decent but East Craigie are a very good team rather than a group of individuals and I couldn't say that he necessarily stood out. Your tea sounds nice.