Midlands League

Marten

41 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:
59 minutes ago, Marten said:
We're not whinging. We get on with it, but the current amount of injuries is really extreme. Nothing wrong with mentioning it.

It's definitely whinging! Look back at the posts since the results started going wrong. Haven't seen or heard any other clubs moan about their injuries like Lochee Utd do. Severe lack of humility coming from Thompson Park lately. It's not a good look.

"Severe lack of humility"... 😂😂

You're pathetic. Meanwhile, I'm proud of how the club is improving due to very hard work, thank you.

"Severe lack of humility"... [emoji23][emoji23]

You're pathetic. Meanwhile, I'm proud of how the club is improving due to very hard work, thank you.
No, for pathetic, see your club match reports and Facebook comments etc after a defeat this season. That is pathetic sir.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

So far only North End through to the fourth round of the Junior Cup. Hopefully we can join them next week, but Banks O' Dee will be very tough, especially looking at their result yesterday.

Putting local rivalries to one side next week, I very much hope you can join DNE in the next round, but BOD will be a very tough ask.  As for yesterday, congratulations to a clearly improving Couper Angus on their draw with Downfield and a very good result for Arbroath Vics against Tayport. Meanwhile Josh Skelly hits his 37th and 38th league goals of the season for Broughty in the 6-0 win against Violet. Think it's only a matter of time before someone a bit further up the ladder snaps him up.

So far only North End through to the fourth round of the Junior Cup. Hopefully we can join them next week, but Banks O' Dee will be very tough, especially looking at their result yesterday.
Hope Lochee's injuries clear up and they make it through to the next round

On 24/10/2021 at 21:31, Jimi Shandrix said:

Putting local rivalries to one side next week, I very much hope you can join DNE in the next round, but BOD will be a very tough ask.  As for yesterday, congratulations to a clearly improving Couper Angus on their draw with Downfield and a very good result for Arbroath Vics against Tayport. Meanwhile Josh Skelly hits his 37th and 38th league goals of the season for Broughty in the 6-0 win against Violet. Think it's only a matter of time before someone a bit further up the ladder snaps him up.

On 24/10/2021 at 22:49, Wet Wullie said:
On 24/10/2021 at 19:51, Marten said:

Hope Lochee's injuries clear up and they make it through to the next round

BOD are a very good side, but we have recovered well from the poor spell finishing with the defeat against Broughty and we had a couple of good performances since then. Yes, I mentioned the injuries, but to be fair, credit should also go to the lads who stepped up since then. Some are as young as 16 or 17 and were effectively thrown in the deep end. They held themselves well.

We have to be at our best to be able to beat BOD, but if we are there is a chance.

BOD would be top 4 HL at the moment.  That said, they're in about 8 cup competitions this season and having to play catch up every midweek in the league so they might run out of steam.

They'll probably end up playing double the amount of total games as other teams in the North Superleague. 

2 hours ago, Marten said:

BOD are a very good side, but we have recovered well from the poor spell finishing with the defeat against Broughty and we had a couple of good performances since then. Yes, I mentioned the injuries, but to be fair, credit should also go to the lads who stepped up since then. Some are as young as 16 or 17 and were effectively thrown in the deep end. They held themselves well.

We have to be at our best to be able to beat BOD, but if we are there is a chance.

You must have a real chance against BOD but, if you don't win, there's more important matters such as getting your licence and promotion so a long exciting season ahead!

6 minutes ago, Dev said:

You must have a real chance against BOD but, if you don't win, there's more important matters such as getting your licence and promotion so a long exciting season ahead!

You're completely right. I'd be lying if I said I don't care about Saturday, I'd love a good cup run. But if I'd get the choice of winning this cup or getting the license and promotion, I'd take the second option without any doubt. Even just a license and no promotion would be preferable as if we don't make it this season, there is a big chance BOD will be gone and we'd have a much better chance for promotion next season. Plus we'd be in the Scottish Cup next season.

Still, bring on Saturday. :) 

Edited by Marten

4 hours ago, Marten said:

You're completely right. I'd be lying if I said I don't care about Saturday, I'd love a good cup run. But if I'd get the choice of winning this cup or getting the license and promotion, I'd take the second option without any doubt. Even just a license and no promotion would be preferable as if we don't make it this season, there is a big chance BOD will be gone and we'd have a much better chance for promotion next season. Plus we'd be in the Scottish Cup next season.

Still, bring on Saturday. :) 

Any decent Photos of improvements at Thomson Park mate?

Lights are ready (When approved) to go up at Caniepart.  I had a tour of the clubhouse improvements and they are superb.  Just need a team and manager now.

Edited by superbigal

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Any decent Photos of improvements at Thomson Park mate?

Lights are ready (When approved) to go up at Caniepart.  I had a tour of the clubhouse improvements and they are superb.  Just need a team and manager now.

There are some at the Facebook page, I'll try to dig out some later, but I'm quite busy atm so you might need to wait a bit for that, sorry.

I hope you'll get your approval, we've got ours recently and lights should go in soon.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

Registered in August, wonder how long it'll take for the cooncil to get it approved. https://planning.fife.gov.uk/online/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=QXML4LHF0O100

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Lochee United at home 12/5  mmmmmmmmmm

Despite the North being weaker than the Midlands Banks o Dee have improved vastly year on year and are the real deal. Only issue could be that they dont play teams of a decent level every week but that has improved with the various cups they take part in. They have signed three players that have been at a higher level in the last week. That said I do also fancy Lochee Utd with them being at home but will be a close one and a cracking tie and wish I could be there