Midlands League

Marten

Great game for a neutral but I'm afraid for Broughty fans that was absolutely fucking atrocious. 3-3 at home to FWE is just not good enough. Any chance of us clinging on to the coattails of the 3 teams above us have disintegrated. In the past 3 weeks we have conceded 11 goals against Kirrie, Couper Angus and FWE, 3 of the poorer teams in the league. Another hat trick for Skelly again today but there's only so many times he can bail us out. 33 goals he has scored so far this season, which for the start of October is unbelievable. Some of our defending today though was so so bad. Fucking raging. Stick me in the heads gone. 

14 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Great game for a neutral but I'm afraid for Broughty fans that was absolutely fucking atrocious. 3-3 at home to FWE is just not good enough. Any chance of us clinging on to the coattails of the 3 teams above us have disintegrated. In the past 3 weeks we have conceded 11 goals against Kirrie, Couper Angus and FWE, 3 of the poorer teams in the league. Another hat trick for Skelly again today but there's only so many times he can bail us out. 33 goals he has scored so far this season, which for the start of October is unbelievable. Some of our defending today though was so so bad. Fucking raging. Stick me in the heads gone. 

If the players have the same attitude as you then no wonder your not doing as well as you'd hoped. It seems to me the Broughty players/fans think the team just have to turn up and these so called poorer team will just roll over for you. As your finding out it doesn't always work out that way.

56 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

If the players have the same attitude as you then no wonder your not doing as well as you'd hoped. It seems to me the Broughty players/fans think the team just have to turn up and these so called poorer team will just roll over for you. As your finding out it doesn't always work out that way.

That is absolutely not the case. Because of the last few seasons, we are seen as a scalp for these teams as evidenced by the celebrations of the FWE players at the end of the game. The problem I, and other Fed fans I talked to after he game, is that it is the same basic mistakes happening week in week out. All three FWE goals yesterday were catastrophic defensive errors but despite that if we had taken even half of the chances that came our way, we would have been out of sight. My rant was not a slight on FWE because they hung in and grabbed a point late on in the game and the way the game went it was no surprise and nobody could begrudge them a share of the points. My rant was because we had expected to be at least challenging near the top and we are not. As you can see this morning, Scotland's win hasn't exactly lightened my mood.

Injuries have stretched Lochee resources to the limit. A few youngsters on the bench yesterday. Good enough to beat Kirrie 4-0 and should have enough for Letham next week but Banks O' Dee in the cup will be a different matter. Starting eleven is still pretty strong so hopefully no more injuries. 

5 hours ago, Den Spark said:

Injuries have stretched Lochee resources to the limit. A few youngsters on the bench yesterday. Good enough to beat Kirrie 4-0 and should have enough for Letham next week but Banks O' Dee in the cup will be a different matter. Starting eleven is still pretty strong so hopefully no more injuries. 

Letham have a few good players but too many have struggled with the step up from amateurs  So I can safely say you will have enough for Letham.  B.O.D on the other hand..🤔                          

Edited by Welly boy

Lochee United 6-0 Letham
Great performance from a still very depleted squad. It should probably have been more, some chances were wasted in the second half and the referee missed at least two stonewall penalties. But I can't really complain about that result with so many injuries.

You Lochee guys are hilarious. Every other post whinging about or mentioning injuries. You don't think any other clubs suffer injuries? I would suggest every club does but just get on with it. Definitely a club that's gone down in my estimation this season for more than one reason.

You Lochee guys are hilarious. Every other post whinging about or mentioning injuries. You don't think any other clubs suffer injuries? I would suggest every club does but just get on with it. Definitely a club that's gone down in my estimation this season for more than one reason.

We're not whinging. We get on with it, but the current amount of injuries is really extreme. Nothing wrong with mentioning it.

We're not whinging. We get on with it, but the current amount of injuries is really extreme. Nothing wrong with mentioning it.
It's definitely whinging! Look back at the posts since the results started going wrong. Haven't seen or heard any other clubs moan about their injuries like Lochee Utd do. Severe lack of humility coming from Thompson Park lately. It's not a good look.