Midlands League

Marten

34 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

Could have been 15 had it not been for a top display from the Scone keeper.

I couldn't make the game, but that's what I heard from others too yes.

Saturday a break from the league for the junior cup, Bridge of Don Thistle away. The ground is apparently horrible, but there are some good pubs in Aberdeen city centre so I'm sure I'll have a good time regardless. :) 

Edited by Marten

3 minutes ago, Marten said:

Saturday a break from the league for the junior up, Bridge of Don Thistle away. The ground is apparently horrible, but there are some good pubs in Aberdeen city centre so I'm sure I'll have a good time regardless. :) 

Not sure I can take another trip to Aberdeen after recent visits to Hermes, Hall Russell and East End. If we win it's back there to play Aberdeen Uni. Might take a trip to Forfar instead to see E Craigie v St Rochs.

26 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

Not sure I can take another trip to Aberdeen after recent visits to Hermes, Hall Russell and East End. If we win it's back there to play Aberdeen Uni. Might take a trip to Forfar instead to see E Craigie v St Rochs.

Why are East  Craigie playing their home tie in Forfar? Surely they could have played a bit closer to home. Broughty's ground will  be free for example.

2 hours ago, Marten said:

Saturday a break from the league for the junior cup, Bridge of Don Thistle away. The ground is apparently horrible, but there are some good pubs in Aberdeen city centre so I'm sure I'll have a good time regardless. :) 

Mind and get there early to check for foxholes.

Why are East  Craigie playing their home tie in Forfar? Surely they could have played a bit closer to home. Broughty's ground will  be free for example.
Their game against us a week on Saturday has been reversed. Now we're at home, we were meant to be away. I'm not sure what's going on at their ground?

35 minutes ago, Marten said:
2 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Their game against us a week on Saturday has been reversed. Now we're at home, we were meant to be away. I'm not sure what's going on at their ground?

Yeah, I heard there was an issue with their ground. Think they've already played a home game at Downfield. Just can't understand why they would be going to  Forfar for their cup game when there is an available ground a mile along the road.

37 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Broughty is not available as Lochee Harp are playing their home Scottish Cup match there. The game was going to be played at Thomson Park but due to issues outwith the club East Craigie had to search for another venue.

Suppose someone has to ask.  Why are Harp not playing on their ground ?

Took in the Letham v DNE game DNE ran out 6-2 winners. Not sure if letham were missing players on not but the letham team looked very young the keeper looked about 12 and most of the back line the same.

Tonight was very much about men v boys.

Broughty bounced back from their dismal defeat to EK Thistle in the cup at the weekend with a 10-1 win over Scone tonight. 4 goals each for Brad Smith and Josh Skelly with  2 for Paul Sludden.

McCunnie resigned?

Was at Arbroath Vics vs Panmure tonight, last of the midweek games which is a shame as I’ve enjoyed going to the last couple. 7-0 Panmure and very deserved, first goal as good as I’ll see all season.

11 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

McCunnie resigned?

Was at Arbroath Vics vs Panmure tonight, last of the midweek games which is a shame as I’ve enjoyed going to the last couple. 7-0 Panmure and very deserved, first goal as good as I’ll see all season.

I can't get to the games just now through illness so I don't know. Fucking dreadful news if true.

Great 5-0 victory for us at Downfield tonight. We dominated from start to finish, a penalty got us 1-0 up and not too long after the second. In the second half we kept dominating and scored the 3rd pretty soon after half time. An absolute beauty from George Johnston got us up to 4-0. George then also scored the fifth through a rebound of a penalty to complete his hattrick. Great team performance and great individual performance by George Johnston who was definitely the man of the match.

41 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

McCunnie resigned?

I missed the first goal as I was too busy gassing!!

I thought the second penalty and the red card were poor decisions. Maybe I need to see them again. Mind you a Vics player should have been sent off for a wild challenge on his own bye line later on. 

Nice wee ground. The car parking would be great on a miserable day in December.

I missed the first goal as I was too busy gassing!!
I thought the second penalty and the red card were poor decisions. Maybe I need to see them again. Mind you a Vics player should have been sent off for a wild challenge on his own bye line later on. 
Nice wee ground. The car parking would be great on a miserable day in December.

It was some hit. Second penalty looked like both players got tangled, could’ve gone either way. I was behind the opposite goal so didn’t get a great view of the first red, but the way he went for it was always going to give the ref a decision to make I think. Know the tackle you are on about on the touch line, agreed could’ve easily been a red. Vics missing 4/5 first choice players tonight but not sure they would have made much difference, Panmure were very good and played some nice stuff.

2 hours ago, Marten said:

Great 5-0 victory for us at Downfield tonight. We dominated from start to finish, a penalty got us 1-0 up and not too long after the second. In the second half we kept dominating and scored the 3rd pretty soon after half time. An absolute beauty from George Johnston got us up to 4-0. George then also scored the fifth through a rebound of a penalty to complete his hattrick. Great team performance and great individual performance by George Johnston who was definitely the man of the match.

Yes. In addition some great quick passing opened up other opportunities, which were well defended or missed, or in the case of George Johnston, one that hit the post and ran along the line without going in. 
The use of the diagonal ball was effective too, for both sides tonight. 
Good stuff from Lochee tonight. 

Can't help thinking Dundee were a bit rash to release George Johnston. He played for their Development team at age 15 and is absolutely lighting up the Midlands League. I know he's a bit slight and there's a huge gulf in level but the speed and skill he's showing for Lochee United make him an absolute standout. Nice hat-trick last night but even when he doesn't score he's a delight to watch. If you thought Martin Boyle was quick....

13 hours ago, Welly boy said:

Took in the Letham v DNE game DNE ran out 6-2 winners. Not sure if letham were missing players on not but the letham team looked very young the keeper looked about 12 and most of the back line the same.

Tonight was very much about men v boys.

Once North End took the lead they were never letting that go last night.

The Keeper has gone from playing under 19s in the Covid disrupted season to the midlands league but did make a few good saves.

It will take Letham a few years to adjust to this level.