Midlands League

Marten

Downfield 3 Tayport 2
i have to say that was a cracking game of football. 

Hard to believe Downfield had only one point from their first six games as they played some superb football last night. Tayport missed a few good chances but overall the Spiders showed the better quality and deserved their win.
MOTM had to be the young Downfield left back(Liam?) who started the move leading to the first goal with a superb reverse pass and then scored a brilliant second. He’s not a bad defender either.
You just ground hopping or given up the ghost on the shambles that is St Andrews mate ?

I heard yesterday that Downfield were literally phoning around looking for players, so some result.
What kind of shape was Richard Roy in ?

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

You just ground hopping or given up the ghost on the shambles that is St Andrews mate ?

I heard yesterday that Downfield were literally phoning around looking for players, so some result.

Ground hopping Al. I’m in for life with no parole at the Saints. We’ve had some lows in the past but all we can do is try to bounce back.

Not sure who Roy is. Haven’t seen many Tayside games in the last few years so only recognised Robertson from the Tayport team.

Another good result for Broughty, 7-0 against Forfar Utd. Can't argue with the home form. 10-0, 6-0 and 7-0 so far. Just need to sort out the away form. Didn't quite pass a fitness test to make it to the game last night but hopeful of making it to the home game against Tayport on Saturday.

16 hours ago, Marten said:

You should say hi one day when you watch Lochee United @invergowrie arab ;) 

Good game today indeed, not the best of starts for us, but other than that a strong performance throughout. Should really have scored more, we had some chances in the second half that we could have done more with. But Carnoustie are one of the strongest sides in this league so I can't really complain as the 3 points are vital. Players are clearly getting closer to full fitness which creates confidence.

I will do.

I take it you're the same Dutch Marten who supports Lochee United on Twitter unless there are two of you?

their used to be an east region forum in 2001. Andrew From linlithgow might have ran it
There was also another short lived junior forum. I wasn't allowed to have an opinion though due to being born in The Netherlands. Apparently because of that I don't "get" junior football...

On 12/08/2021 at 07:46, superbigal said:

Just read the match report on Tayport website so now I know who Richard Roy is.

He scored two goals(one a pen). He was definitely on the bigger side but put his size to good use, holding the ball up well and outmuscling the defenders. I thought he had taken one touch too many at the winner but to be fair it was a very cool finish.

Liam Mcpake was the left back who really impressed me.

Someone was recording but not sure where or when the footage will appear.

Downfield 4- 0 Scone

I was 10 minutes late and managed to miss the first two goals but I doubt any were as good as the 4th which was a worldy brought down on the chest and rifled in on the volley.

One bit of quality from a match that might have been played in ammy leagues. Can see why these teams are where they are but Downfield obviously the better of the two.

Maybe I was just grumpy as I was listening to United match at the same time 

20210814_145149.jpg

An atrocious game of football this afternoon at Whitton Park as a hugely out of sorts Broughty Athletic were beaten 1-0 by Tayport. Broughty had 4 or 5 very presentable chances to win the game but spurned them all and were hit with a sucker punch with about 10 minutes to go as Port scored with their only effort all afternoon. All credit to Tayport who hung in there but a very sore one to take for us.

image.png.c0cb850b9cc7ff6618a0bf62623397f0.png

East Craigie scoring for fun this season, in particular Grady McGrath who I still don't get why he didn't get more of a chance within Dundee's system. Forfar West End doing well too, winning the Forfar Derby and are still yet to be beaten this season. Also happy to see Downfield string a couple of wins together, was a glum start to the season for sure.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Coupar Angus doing what they do best and floundering around at the bottom.

Letham have just realised dominating Perth amateurs for a decade doesn’t translate to instant success in other leagues.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Coupar Angus doing what they do best and floundering around at the bottom.

Letham have just realised dominating Perth amateurs for a decade doesn’t translate to instant success in other leagues.

Letham are doing fine for a first season at this level.

So far.

38 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Oh aye, don’t get me wrong they’re doing not bad, I’d just heard a few of them who were confident they’d be challenging near the top.

Not the players I no everyone of them have said it's going to be really tough but they would rather have that than beating team 10 nil. 

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Oh aye, don’t get me wrong they’re doing not bad, I’d just heard a few of them who were confident they’d be challenging near the top.

Good lord. That is insane. Thought both they and St. James would be bottom three with Coupar Angus. Think they have both had fantastic starts to the season. Be very interesting to see if they can keep going as well as they have.

On 15/08/2021 at 11:27, Jimi Shandrix said:

Good lord. That is insane. Thought both they and St. James would be bottom three with Coupar Angus. Think they have both had fantastic starts to the season. Be very interesting to see if they can keep going as well as they have.

Coupar Angus and Scone will be bottom two. Scone possibly bottom having seen their squad. A lot of young boys and then OK amateur level players IMO.

Letham have picked up a few good players this season to supplement a very good amateur side and should finish around mid table I expect.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade