Midlands League

Marten

A thoroughly enjoyable game at North End if not loads of chances. I think North End will be disappointed not to have held out and they were in no way inferior to Broughty. The Lochee result maybe not a fluke?

20210804_190126.thumb.jpg.b24122d55c13c36f5c1865f9de0fa291.jpg
20210804_192424.thumb.jpg.620621fd87ce4de910381a9c5192ba5a.jpg
They looked a very decent side against us, so I don't think it was a fluke, no.

Good 5-1 win for us today. Should really have won by more as quite some chances got wasted but a good win nonetheless. Nearly the entire squad is fit now and players who missed pre-season are starting to get more match fitness.

Elsewhere BoD thumped HL side Keith 6-1 in the cup.  i might actually head through to the home tie play off against the ML winners.  Never saw BoD when they played Inverness City in Inverness so would be good to see them in the flesh.

Massive game tomorrow as we see two of the three teams with title aspirations go head to head for the first time. Broughty have got to lift it certainly. While it may be too early to class this as a must win, I would say it is a must not lose for us. If I was given a pound to bet on the outcome, I'd say 2-2, but obviously hoping for better. Our recent record down there is very good. Gutted that I'm not well enough to go so hopefully someone's got the twitter feed in check. Mon tae f**k Broughty.

Tayport 1-4 Lochee United

Lochee Harp 3-1 Kirriemuir Thistle

Carnoustie Panmure 2-0 Broughty Athletic

Dundee North End 1-1 Forfar West End

Brechin Victoria 1-2 Arbroath Victoria

Blairgowrie 3-4 Dundee St James

Dundee Violet 1-0 Downfield

Forfar United 6-2 Coupar Angus

Scone Thistle 3-7 East Craigie

No photo description available.

Not heard anything about how the game went yesterday but obviously a bitterly disappointing result for us. Left ourselves a mountain to climb. Must admit, I'm surprised at the start Carnoustie have made. Another huge game for them on Wednesday against Lochee. If they win that, they're really flying but I have a feeling Lochee may be a tougher nut to crack than us.

Typical game of two halves for us. First half Tayport were stronger and we were lucky to go into the break at 1-1. Second half we were all over them and ran out deserved winners.

Lochee were dreadful 1st half. Absolutely no width which they were screaming for. Pretty aimless long stuff over the top for Kev Milne to chase.
No idea why it took them so long to work out.
As you say then dominated the second half.
Kevin Buchan looked tidy if a bit out of place at the back. Were Lochee short of defenders ?

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Lochee were dreadful 1st half. Absolutely no width which they were screaming for. Pretty aimless long stuff over the top for Kev Milne to chase.
Kevin Buchan looked tidy if a bit out of place at the back. Were Lochee short of defenders ?

Agree with that. Thought Buchan played well at centre back, actually. Calvin Colquhoun's been playing there recently and Greg Kirk has still to come back.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

There have been some problems with injuries, players having to self-isolate & covid cases recently. Pretty much the entire squad is coming back now, but some clearly lack match fitness.

You should say hi one day when you watch Lochee United @invergowrie arab ;) 

Good game today indeed, not the best of starts for us, but other than that a strong performance throughout. Should really have scored more, we had some chances in the second half that we could have done more with. But Carnoustie are one of the strongest sides in this league so I can't really complain as the 3 points are vital. Players are clearly getting closer to full fitness which creates confidence.

Downfield 3 Tayport 2

i have to say that was a cracking game of football. 

Hard to believe Downfield had only one point from their first six games as they played some superb football last night. Tayport missed a few good chances but overall the Spiders showed the better quality and deserved their win.

MOTM had to be the young Downfield left back(Liam?) who started the move leading to the first goal with a superb reverse pass and then scored a brilliant second. He’s not a bad defender either.