Midlands League

Marten

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Returned to playing, not sure for whom just yet. I knew he was too young and healthy to be going into coaching, and so it proved.

He was playing as a trialist for Arbroath the other week and Dick Campbell seemed pretty keen on signing him.   

Returned to playing, not sure for whom just yet. I knew he was too young and healthy to be going into coaching, and so it proved.
Had Simon Murray and a load of Utd players helping out so an odd one for me as well.

Our last PSF last night was a good 2-1 win against a young, but talented, Dundee side. But I can't wait for Saturday. After all that time of talking about the new structure and the road it took us to get here, finally the football can do the talking with the Midlands League kicking off. The inaugural fixtures are:

Saturday 17th July:
Arbroath Victoria – East Craigie
Broughty Athletic – Dundee St James
Carnoustie Panmure – Forfar United
Coupar Angus – Letham
Dundee Violet – Brechin Victoria
Forfar West End – Kirriemuir Thistle
Lochee United – Blairgowrie
Scone Thistle – Lochee Harp
Tayport – Dundee North End
Downfield - idle

42 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Can anyone just turn up at these games and pay their money at the moment?

Yes, maximum is 250 with the current covid rules so if the game is expected to be busy it's best to arrive early (yesterday we got very close to that 250 by the looks of it). However, I don't expect that to be an issue any of the games on Saturday. From Monday the maximum changes to 1,000 anyway so this only applies to Saturday's games.

Edit: I should add that the 250 maximum only applies to grounds in Dundee as we're currently level 2. The grounds in Angus, Perth & Kinross and Fife have a 500 maximum under level 1 restrictions currently.

Edited by Marten

4 hours ago, Marten said:

Our last PSF last night was a good 2-1 win against a young, but talented, Dundee side. But I can't wait for Saturday. After all that time of talking about the new structure and the road it took us to get here, finally the football can do the talking with the Midlands League kicking off. The inaugural fixtures are:

Saturday 17th July:
Arbroath Victoria – East Craigie
Broughty Athletic – Dundee St James
Carnoustie Panmure – Forfar United
Coupar Angus – Letham
Dundee Violet – Brechin Victoria
Forfar West End – Kirriemuir Thistle
Lochee United – Blairgowrie
Scone Thistle – Lochee Harp
Tayport – Dundee North End
Downfield - idle

Hugely excited about Saturday as well. Unfortunately as I'm just out of hospital and will be yo-yoing between home and hospital for the foreseeable future I'll need to make do with phone updates. Hard to see past East Craigie, Broughty, Violet, Lochee Utd, Scone and Tayport. I know nothing about Letham but if they don't win on Saturday, I can see them finishing bottom. Similarly, a chance for Coupar Angus to prove the naysayers wrong and get off to a flyer. FWE v Kirrie could be a close one. Score draw for me. The interesting one for me is Carnoustie v Forfar Utd.  Anyone watching our league last season would surely agree that Forfar Utd were the most improved team towards the end and I think they  will give Carnoustie a run for their money this weekend.

Edited by Jimi Shandrix

3 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Hugely excited about Saturday as well. Unfortunately as I'm just out of hospital and will be yo-yoing between home and hospital for the foreseeable future I'll need to make do with phone updates. Hard to see past East Craigie, Broughty, Violet, Lochee Utd, Scone and Tayport. I know nothing about Letham but if they don't win on Saturday, I can see them finishing bottom. Similarly, a chance for Coupar Angus to prove the naysayers wrong and get off to a flyer. FWE v Kirrie could be a close one. Score draw for me. The interesting one for me is Carnoustie v Forfar Utd.  Anyone watching our league last season would surely agree that Forfar Utd were the most improved team towards the end and I think they  will give Carnoustie a run for their money this weekend.

Your predictions sound reasonable, so I'd agree with them.

Good luck with whatever you're going through and I hope you'll get better soon.

7 minutes ago, Marten said:

Your predictions sound reasonable, so I'd agree with them.

Good luck with whatever you're going through and I hope you'll get better soon.

Thank you mate. Have set myself a target of our home game with you boys on September 4th. Hope to see you there.

English YouTuber who does videos on Scottish non-league football did a Dundee groundhopping video. Visits Carnoustie Panmure and Lochee United. He also tried visit Lochee Harp but couldn't find the ground, don't know if anyone can give him a message and help him with where the new ground is. 

Again, I know it's only a friendly, but there's BoD drawing with Fraserburgh last night (who are the 2nd best team in the HL).  The play off games featuring them and the winners of the ML will be intriguing. 

It's a joke on BoD's part that they refused to join the HL for so long.  They could be in League Two by now.

9 hours ago, Buckets said:

English YouTuber who does videos on Scottish non-league football did a Dundee groundhopping video. Visits Carnoustie Panmure and Lochee United. He also tried visit Lochee Harp but couldn't find the ground, don't know if anyone can give him a message and help him with where the new ground is. 

All credit to the guy for pronouncing Lochee correctly. Normally, English people say LOCK ee. He was actually standing outside Harp's new ground but there's no signage.

11 hours ago, Buckets said:

The video was excellent but the gentleman ( Bob ) who you interviewed at Thomson Park was not known to anyone at the club, his lack of knowledge regarding what league we would be playing in was a wee bit embarrassing. Just a pity you did'nt contact the club in advance but overall, well done and thanks for the exposure.

3 hours ago, locheeboy said:

The video was excellent but the gentleman ( Bob ) who you interviewed at Thomson Park was not known to anyone at the club, his lack of knowledge regarding what league we would be playing in was a wee bit embarrassing. Just a pity you did'nt contact the club in advance but overall, well done and thanks for the exposure.

His twitter is the best place to contact him https://twitter.com/The_Sam_North

9 hours ago, locheeboy said:

I'm not actually the person that made the video sorry, I'm just passing it on. I follow his YouTube channel for his videos on non league Scottish football which are usually quite good. He's covered most of the Highland and Lowland League clubs and a good amount in tier 6 and below as well. 

I see Lochee Utd have brought Ewan Murray in on loan from us. Looking forward to hearing how he gets on, as he's clearly one our Academy has high hopes for. We got special dispensation to let him play in friendlies for us in last season's pre-season as a 15 year old, and he scored against Peterhead in one game. Trialled with Kelty before yourselves, clearly has the talent but lacking on the build just now, given he's just 16. Hopefully should handle himself well with the Chee.

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I see Lochee Utd have brought Ewan Murray in on loan from us. Looking forward to hearing how he gets on, as he's clearly one our Academy has high hopes for. We got special dispensation to let him play in friendlies for us in last season's pre-season as a 15 year old, and he scored against Peterhead in one game. Trialled with Kelty before yourselves, clearly has the talent but lacking on the build just now, given he's just 16. Hopefully should handle himself well with the Chee.

I've seen him play for us in 2 friendlies and he left a great impression, clearly a talented youngster and this experience should be great for him. He seems a good addition to the squad.

If we do manage to get promoted this season you'd imagine that we're in a good place to get some youngsters from yourselves & United on loan to get experience in the Highland League. If that were to happen, maybe Ewan Murray could stay for a second season and grow with the club.