Midlands League

Marten

22 minutes ago, glensmad said:

As I said on the other thread, the proposed Midland League has a fair distance to travel before it is a done deal.

Always good to get some informed feedback glensmad. Do we know if the Tay boundary issue is being addressed with a definitive administrative area being identified for the ML. If it is ignored it could come back to bite us with future disharmony.

I wasn't at Tuesday's meeting, but have had official feedback on it. Talks have been positive, but it's far from the completed pyramid that has been spun on here today. There is still a lot of talking and work to be done to make that happen.

10 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Hopefully it will, I'm just calming the hype a wee bit as it's not a done deal yet. But yes, the talks are positive from what I'm told.

I also said I don't take anything for granted until it's official so your point is fair enough. But I know some of the people working on it and they are putting a hell of a lot of time in getting it all done on time. And past events have shown that if the will is there, it can be done quickly.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

I wasn't at Tuesday's meeting, but have had official feedback on it. Talks have been positive, but it's far from the completed pyramid that has been spun on here today. There is still a lot of talking and work to be done to make that happen.

Four clubs from Tayside have submitted applications to the EOS so apparently not all fully supporting what's on offer or possibly don't believe that those in charge will manage to get the Midlands league finalised.

People do need to bear in mind that the Midlands League is being pushed by some of the east region blazers that peddled the done deal board directive line a couple of years ago about the east region getting in at tier 6. If anything still needs to go to the HL membership for a vote it could be far from a done deal.

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

People do need to bear in mind that the Midlands League is being pushed by some of the east region blazers that peddled the done deal board directive line a couple of years ago about the east region getting in at tier 6. If anything still needs to go to the HL membership for a vote it could be far from a done deal.

Certainly not all HL clubs are aware of this development. Not saying all are unaware but the HL focus at the moment seems to be on updates from possible L2 reconstruction. I know it's been said before but would the HL clubs be in favour of jeopardising their HL status once some of these Tayside/North clubs get themselves licensed? 

21 minutes ago, JustBecause said:

Four clubs from Tayside have submitted applications to the EOS so apparently not all fully supporting what's on offer or possibly don't believe that those in charge will manage to get the Midlands league finalised.

This is quite a significant update. Are the 4 clubs just covering themselves in case the ML is not delivered or is there a genuine desire to join the EOSFL? 

1 minute ago, Pyramidic said:

This is quite a significant update. Are the 4 clubs just covering themselves in case the ML is not delivered or is there a genuine desire to join the EOSFL? 

At least 2 with a genuine desire. No information on thinking of other two but certainly could be a case of covering all of the angles.

21 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

People do need to bear in mind that the Midlands League is being pushed by some of the east region blazers that peddled the done deal board directive line a couple of years ago about the east region getting in at tier 6. 

Oh!

Wars over man, Wormer dropped the big one -

SJFA admit its game over man, game over.

Scottish Junior FA Pyramid Statement

The Scottish Junior FA & East Region SJFA have formally submitted our commitment and agreement to the Highland League board. We accept the Highland League's invitation to create a link between the Midlands League and the Highland League. Following an application to the Scottish FA board being ratified at their AGM in June 2021, the aim and expectation would then be for the Midlands League to be established for season 2021-2022 at tier 6 of the Scottish football pyramid.

The Scottish Junior FA and East Region SJFA would like to express our sincere gratitude to the Highland League board members and the Scottish FA pyramid working group for their understanding and help on this matter. We look forward to further developing our relationship.

Alex McDowall

Scottish Junior FA

Chief Operating Officer

To all member clubs

cc: Board members, Secretarial officials

The Pyramid Working Group met today at which all parties agreed to the inclusion of three tier 6 Leagues as feeders into the Highland League. The intention is to have this in place in time for the start of season 2021/22 and will mean there are three feeder Leagues for both the SHFL and SLFL.

DAVID BAXTER

Secretary

East of Scotland Football League

Just now, Dev said:

Well. How about that? Quick progress and 2021/22 being the aim for the start of the league. Surely North Juniors and N Cal to start at same time.

The intention from the start was that all 3 join at the same time. It wouldn't really be doable otherwise. Imagine if the Midland League would be the only tier 6 feeder and Fort William get relegated to it! I've been told that talks have been going on for a while with all those sides but recently developments have gone quickly and positively.

15 minutes ago, Marten said:

The intention from the start was that all 3 join at the same time. It wouldn't really be doable otherwise. Imagine if the Midland League would be the only tier 6 feeder and Fort William get relegated to it! I've been told that talks have been going on for a while with all those sides but recently developments have gone quickly and positively.

See edit.

56 minutes ago, Marten said:

I'm as happy about this as the next guy but that's a load of rubbish from people pretending this was the grand master plan all along. The Midlands League wasn't required and the HFL were not waiting on getting things squared off the ERJFA before bringing the NCL on board.

Anyway, it's all positive now.

Let's see how long the usual suspects can spin their "it isn't as easy as you think" nonsense before eventually pretending this was the outcome they foresaw all along 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm as happy about this as the next guy but that's a load of rubbish from people pretending this was the grand master plan all along. The Midlands League wasn't required and the HFL were not waiting on getting things squared off the ERJFA before bringing the NCL on board.

Anyway, it's all positive now.

Let's see how long the usual suspects can spin their "it isn't as easy as you think" nonsense before eventually pretending this was the outcome they foresaw all along 

Sorry, I didn't put it very clearly. I meant the Midland League couldn't really enter without the others as that could give issues with relegated teams, so we depended on the talks with the others.

They could easily start with the NCL & NRJFA but without us though, as there are no Tayside teams in the HL that would cause issues in case of relegation.