Midlands League

Marten

24 minutes ago, JustBecause said:

Haven't applied yet possibly although I'm told that was certainly their intention after the EOS knock back. Time will tell.

That might lead to some interesting blazer politics but if Scone are sticking with the ERSJFA/ML there is already a Perth area club on board.

42 minutes ago, JustBecause said:

Haven't applied yet possibly although I'm told that was certainly their intention after the EOS knock back. Time will tell.

Has it been confirmed that Letham have been rejected by the EOS. And if so why?

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

That might lead to some interesting blazer politics but if Scone are sticking with the ERSJFA/ML there is already a Perth area club on board.

Already a Fife club too so does that mean they should let other Fife clubs join the ML? Sure the North juniors will love a trip to Perthshire to go with their trip to Fife (should plans for league set ups for 22/23 go ahead and these clubs are involved).

11 hours ago, JustBecause said:

Certainly rumoured and discussed on other threads. Didn't meet ground criteria for EOS as things stand was what I heard. 

Which begs the question why they would not be allowed a grace period like Thornton, Kirkcaldy YM etc received given their setup didn't look drastically far off. That's plenty for Perthshire beyond the Ochils now given how far it is to drive and given there's no longer a danger of the east region becoming an LL feeder may be lurking in there as well. Would it be reasonable for the EoS to object to ERSJFA/ML entry for Letham after rejecting them? Will be interesting to see what unfolds.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Which begs the question why they would not be allowed a grace period like Thornton, Kirkcaldy YM etc received given their setup didn't look drastically far off. That's plenty for Perthshire beyond the Ochils now given how far it is to drive and given there's no longer a danger of the east region becoming an LL feeder may be lurking in there as well. Would it be reasonable for the EoS to object to ERSJFA/ML entry for Letham after rejecting them? Will be interesting to see what unfolds.

It only begs a question in your conspiracy theory riddled head.

On the Lowland League catch-up podcast they discussed the Midland League and they also said the DD-postcode will be defined as ML territory, meaning Tayport will be officially within the catchment area and they won't need to make an exception for them.

Edited by Marten

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Aye, Toshney's getting the Spiders up to the Highland League.

31 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aye, Toshney's getting the Spiders up to the Highland League.

There's 3 or 4 teams in Tayside will get to the Highland League before Downfield but hopefully they will get there sometime. Always one of my favourite away days. First of all Toshney need's to get the club playing football rather than the MMA that they excelled in last season.

1 minute ago, andrew21 said:

I must have missed Downfield's level of consistency  at the top of the East Juniors in the last twenty years, could you tell me a bit more about it?

Why, yes I can sir. In the East Region Premiership North in the last few years the best teams  have been Lochee Utd, Broughty Athletic and Carnoustie Panmure. After that Downfield along with Tayport could reasonably lay claim to be the best  of the rest. Anything else, just ask.

1 minute ago, andrew21 said:

Would think that you are overstating how good Tayport and Downfield are if you think they will probably end up in Highland League very quickly. Pre 2006 Tayport probably would but the Tayport team since haven't really done anything of note have they?

I didn't say they would be there very quickly. One day they might get there but the only teams I would expect to get there very quickly are Lochee and Broughty.

People from Kirkton Amateurs have taken over from the Marrs I believe.

32 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

There's 3 or 4 teams in Tayside will get to the Highland League before Downfield but hopefully they will get there sometime. Always one of my favourite away days. First of all Toshney need's to get the club playing football rather than the MMA that they excelled in last season.

Hey, if it works it works, team has been grinding out results for a wee bit now. Just wait till you see Toshball in action though, will leave Lochee and Broughty flat on their erses.

It seems to me that a fair few Tayside teams are seriously working on improving on and off the pitch. The Highland League could look quite different if a few Tayside teams make it up in the next couple of years.

I wouldn't be shouting that last bit from the rooftops on Fitba North until all the paperwork gets processed and approvals are provided, but Downfield, Tayport, North End, Violet, Broughty, Lochee United (assuming, as is also necessary with Tayport, devil's illuminations are on the way), Lochee Harp, Coupar Angus, Kirrie, Forfar WE and Brechin Vics really can't be so far away on ground related issues on entry level and Carnoustie Panmure are a strong enough club that they can be expected to get it sorted as well.