Midlands League

Marten

Now that this season's EOS League has been declared null and void, could Luncarty convert to the Midland League which would move them up to tier 6 and in the correct end of the HL/LL divide?

Edited by zenon

Now that this season's EOS League has been declared null and void, could Luncarty convert to the Midland League which would move them up to tier 6 and in the correct end of the HL/LL divide?
Yes but all of the Eos clubs in marginal Perthshire territory have recommited to the Eos.

7 hours ago, zenon said:

It's too late to switch for the 2021/22 season even if they wanted to. If any Perth-based clubs want to join the ML (I don't know whether or not they do), they can only do so from 2022/23.

48 minutes ago, Marten said:

It's too late to switch for the 2021/22 season even if they wanted to. If any Perth-based clubs want to join the ML (I don't know whether or not they do), they can only do so from 2022/23.

I suppose there is a possibility that Letham could apply if their facilities have prevented them making the cut in the EOSFL. Any views on that one Marten? How vigilant or flexible is the ML likely to be on ground criteria? Will they adopt the EOSFL criteria as the WOSFL have done?

I suppose there is a possibility that Letham could apply if their facilities have prevented them making the cut in the EOSFL. Any views on that one Marten? How vigilant or flexible is the ML likely to be on ground criteria? Will they adopt the EOSFL criteria as the WOSFL have done?
As far as I'm aware, ground rules in the ML will similar, if not identical, to those in the EOSFL. So if their ground doesn't qualify for the EOS, I assume it won't qualify for the ML either.

However, that doesn't say whether or not the ML will be more flexible in giving applicants time to catch up with the rules. I honestly couldn't tell you that.

3 hours ago, Marten said:

Do we know for sure what the east region's deadline is for applications for 2021-22?  It won't necessarily be March 31st given this falls under the SJFA rather than the SFA. Syngenta still got into the juniors after an EoS rejection in the recent past. It also isn't a safe assumption that east region ground requirements match those of the EoS or would be applied as strictly. Several NCL teams use unenclosed public parks and that league is about to be a tier 6 feeder to the HL.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Will clubs in the ML be affiliated to both the ERJFA and SJFA?

I would have thought that the ERJFA would just be another layer of unnecessary football bureaucracy. The ERJFA officials can be shunted over as appropriate over to the ML executive and the ERJFA can be disbanded.

Have I got it right or are their other factors at play? Alternatively will the ERJFA and the ML be one of the same, similar to the EOSFL / EOSFA? It is a little bit confusing.

What will be the purpose and function of the ERJFA if the organisation is retained?

Edited by Pyramidic

7 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Will clubs in the ML be affiliated to both the ERJFA and SJFA?

It has been made abundantly clear that it was the SJFA that contacted the HL about the remainder of the east region becoming a tier 6 feeder.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/3023221/relegation-play-offs-look-set-to-be-introduced-to-the-highland-league-from-next-season/

Talks have been ongoing between the Highland League and the Scottish Junior FA to create a formal link between tiers five and six of the Scottish football pyramid for the 2021-22 season.

From next season the team finishing bottom of the Highland League could find themselves in a play-off against the champions of either the North Super League, the East Super League or the North Caledonian League....

Edited by LongTimeLurker

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It has been made abundantly clear that it was the SJFA that contacted the HL about the remainder of the east region becoming a tier 6 feeder.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/3023221/relegation-play-offs-look-set-to-be-introduced-to-the-highland-league-from-next-season/

Talks have been ongoing between the Highland League and the Scottish Junior FA to create a formal link between tiers five and six of the Scottish football pyramid for the 2021-22 season.

From next season the team finishing bottom of the Highland League could find themselves in a play-off against the champions of either the North Super League, the East Super League or the North Caledonian League....

I am well aware of all this. Does the ERJFA become the ML or will they be two separate but related organisations?

18 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If it's in the P & J it must be true ...

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Do we know for sure what the east region's deadline is for applications for 2021-22?  It won't necessarily be March 31st given this falls under the SJFA rather than the SFA. Syngenta still got into the juniors after an EoS rejection in the recent past. It also isn't a safe assumption that east region ground requirements match those of the EoS or would be applied as strictly. Several NCL teams use unenclosed public parks and that league is about to be a tier 6 feeder to the HL.

Clubs leaving the EOS for another league (or any other move within the pyramid tier 6 and lower) have to indicate their intention before a certain cut-off date. Not sure what that date is, but I know it has passed.

On 11/04/2021 at 14:54, Burnieman said:
On 11/04/2021 at 14:45, superbigal said:
Which makes it slightly strange to have dismissed Forfar West End and whoever else applied to the EOS out of hand.

Why? Whichever way you look at the "dividing line" the three clubs who were rejected were north of it and firmly in ML territory.

So will this impact on Letham AFC's application to join the Midlands league? Surely ground location is more of an issue than present facilities. Can't be a rule for one and not for another, or can it?

12 minutes ago, JustBecause said:

So will this impact on Letham AFC's application to join the Midlands league? Surely ground location is more of an issue than present facilities. Can't be a rule for one and not for another, or can it?

No idea.

33 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Sensible thing would just be to "rebrand" it. Plus the ERJFA would still consist of the South clubs that have joined the EoS next season.

Why would the east region south clubs not simply be leaving the SJFA to join the EoS instead as was the case when clubs left in previous seasons? You can be a member of both the WoS and the SJFA, but no such rule change has ever been made for retaining SJFA membership in the context of the EoS. Losing the West Lothian clubs is what has made it possible for what remains of the east region to become an HL feeder.

57 minutes ago, JustBecause said:

As far as I'm aware, Letham AFC haven't applied to join the ML, only one amateur side have so far and they're in Dundee.

3 hours ago, Marten said:

As far as I'm aware, Letham AFC haven't applied to join the ML, only one amateur side have so far and they're in Dundee.

Haven't applied yet possibly although I'm told that was certainly their intention after the EOS knock back. Time will tell.

7 minutes ago, JustBecause said:

Haven't applied yet possibly although I'm told that was certainly their intention after the EOS knock back. Time will tell.

My latest information is from just over a week ago to be honest, so things can have changed since then obviously. Especially now it seems pretty clear that the ML is indeed happening, it might tempt more clubs to apply.