Midlands League

Marten

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

How are Tayport getting in if it's all happening according to the simplistic narrative you guys were peddling?

The exact same one you've pointed out numerous times. It's not an issue until they become Club 42. By which time there will likely be a change to the SPFL Play-off if it even gets that far to be an issue.

However against promotion & relegation some Highland League members are. They also know not going along with the pyramid risks a split by those that do want to be a part of it.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/843506/could-breakaway-movement-tear-highland-league-apart/

Luckily they're grown up enough to compromise. Which is probably where the relegation play-off model has come from so that the bottom club can save themselves and why nothing has been heard about if they're going to a set number of teams.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The exact same one you've pointed out numerous times. It's not an issue until they become Club 42. By which time there will likely be a change to the SPFL Play-off if it even gets that far to be an issue.

It's not even that. It's the Luncarty, Harthill and Tayport close as f**k rule.

It's LTL who tried to make out Luncarty was an "all bets are off" situation.

Anyway, it's a completely different issue from at her or not the HFL will agree to allow promotion into their league from teams in the north. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

How are Tayport getting in if it's all happening according to the simplistic narrative you guys were peddling?

It's very simple. There is a boundary line which exists or possibly doesn't exist but it must be enforced unless a club is close to that boundary then it doesn't need enforced and if all that doesn't work then we will just use a postcode. Yikes.

It's incredibly simple.

By kick off this summer there will around 200 teams playing regionalised senior football in Scotland.

Around 200 will be playing in their correct region. 3 where the boundary runs through a bit of their town or ectended conurbation will play over the border.

Some people who's persona is to make out they actually know something you don't because they are the only ones with the understanding of the various complex factors are still, in the face of all evidence, insistent that we just don't know what's going to happen !!

Some of the speculation thrown out here on P&B (this and plenty of other people threads) is just crazy. Especially around Tayport, that they would not get into the ML and find themselves outside of everything next season.

The Tayport committee members aren't daft. To the contrary, they are a well run and respectable club. There is absolutely no chance in hell they would've pulled their EOS application before getting clear assurances that they can indeed join the ML.

This means one of the following will happen:
1. A boundary is agreed that includes Tayport with the ML (ie postcode boundary)
2. An exception is made for Tayport due to their proximity to the boundary and/or the line running through the village (like Luncarty)
3. They find themselves on the wrong side of the boundary but can stay where they are (same could again apply to Luncarty)

From what I heard it will be option one, but it's clear one of these will happen.

4 hours ago, Marten said:

Some of the speculation thrown out here on P&B (this and plenty of other people threads) is just crazy. Especially around Tayport, that they would not get into the ML and find themselves outside of everything next season.

The Tayport committee members aren't daft. To the contrary, they are a well run and respectable club. There is absolutely no chance in hell they would've pulled their EOS application before getting clear assurances that they can indeed join the ML.

This means one of the following will happen:
1. A boundary is agreed that includes Tayport with the ML (ie postcode boundary)
2. An exception is made for Tayport due to their proximity to the boundary and/or the line running through the village (like Luncarty)
3. They find themselves on the wrong side of the boundary but can stay where they are (same could again apply to Luncarty)

From what I heard it will be option one, but it's clear one of these will happen.

Tayport will get into the ML. My questions on the subject were mistaken.

my understanding is that the EOS want to implement the HL/LL line but not until the ML is set up which means Tayport will be safely in the ML before any boundaries are set.

3 hours ago, patriot1 said:

my understanding is that the EOS want to implement the HL/LL line but not until the ML is set up which means Tayport will be safely in the ML before any boundaries are set.

Which makes it slightly strange to have dismissed Forfar West End and whoever else applied to the EOS out of hand.

Which makes it slightly strange to have dismissed Forfar West End and whoever else applied to the EOS out of hand.
Why? Whichever way you look at the "dividing line" the three clubs who were rejected were north of it and firmly in ML territory.

33 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Mission accomplished for the EoS once there was no longer any danger of what remains of the east region being an LL feeder. They would only have taken Dundee/Angus into their catchment as a way to prevent that from happening. Now they don't have to.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Is that aimed at me? What a completely bizarre comment. The opposition of the EoS to the east region getting in as a second east feeder to the LL is well documented and not some secret conspiracy. Check all the leaked PWG minutes that were posted on here.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:
2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Why? Whichever way you look at the "dividing line" the three clubs who were rejected were north of it and firmly in ML territory.

It is a little academic but would the three clubs have got in the EOSFL if they had applied three years ago with the first tranche? What is your gut feeling Burnie?

10 hours ago, patriot1 said:

We will find out soon enough but my understanding is that the actual boundary won't exactly follow the "Tay Bridge line", although it will be fairly close to it in general.