Midlands League

Marten

I dont understand how a relegation play off can work when they dont know what's happening at the top of the league. If they have a net loss of one club is it cancelled? Do they have to wait two weeks to see what happens? Bizarre. Given they havent yet reached their club limit why are looking at relegation at this point anyway?

19 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm wanting inter Tier playoffs binned across all leagues. I thought that was clear.

If Banks o Dee win the league they shouldn't have to play Fort William they should be promoted.

Not sure what number of licensed teams had to do with the principle of relating teams finishing bottom of the league.

Sorry, my fault i hadn't picked up on that part of it. Seems especially daft as the Highland League aims to finish roughly mid April. Meaning the bottom team could be waiting weeks to play the games. 

37 minutes ago, JustBecause said:

Very simple answer - Tier 6 

Does that mean that they wouldn't be interested in getting promoted to Tier 5? That would have to be the Lowland League, as things stand, so via the EoS.

Things could change soon about this but it still seems to be the situation so EoS if they aim to get promoted.

19 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I think a couple of Tayside clubs will be Licenced during next season so BoD might not get a free run at it.

so maybe now is the time for them to apply to join the HL?

15 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Maybe BoD would be as well just to apply to the HL this season, if that option is still open to them.

Maybe they should for they're head and shoulders above those around them,facilities wise and how good they are on the park.

3 minutes ago, Dev said:

Does that mean that they wouldn't be interested in getting promoted to Tier 5? That would have to be the Lowland League, as things stand, so via the EoS.

Things could change soon about this but it still seems to be the situation so EoS if they aim to get promoted.

I believe Tayport have strong aspirations to develop on and off the field and promotion to tier 5 would certainly be something they would aim for. I think it's entry to the pyramid at Tier 6 in the Midland League over entry at a lower tier if they went to the EOS that's dictating the choice. There is very much a 'we will cross that bridge when we come to it' approach going on with the Midlands league at the minute. All very new and hopefully will be ironed out in time.

25 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Interesting comments here about the NCL/NRJFA split, which would indicate four Junior clubs moving to the NCL, don't know if that's still going ahead.

That line at the Spey is slightly odd, it would put 4 current NRSJFA clubs into the NCL (but not Spey Valley Thistle, despite them being further west than two of the clubs being booted west).

It's strange because you can draw a line between the present NRSJFA and NCL clubs with only Nairn County U20s on the wrong side of it.

7 minutes ago, GordonS said:

That line at the Spey is slightly odd, it would put 4 current NRSJFA clubs into the NCL (but not Spey Valley Thistle, despite them being further west than two of the clubs being booted west).

It's strange because you can draw a line between the present NRSJFA and NCL clubs with only Nairn County U20s on the wrong side of it.

It kind of fits with the North of Scotland FA and Aberdeenshire FA boundary (although the North of Scotland FA is a separate organisation to the North Caledonian FA). It's related to the old Banffshire county border.

33 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Maybe BoD would be as well just to apply to the HL this season, if that option is still open to them.

16 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Maybe they should for they're head and shoulders above those around them,facilities wise and how good they are on the park.

Big fish, small pond syndrome.

7 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Interesting comments here about the NCL/NRJFA split, which would indicate four Junior clubs moving to the NCL, don't know if that's still going ahead.

That'd be quite a jump in numbers for the NCL if it did take in another 4 clubs plus the prospect of adding another team through relegation from the Highland early.

I wonder if this boundary is more for relegation purposes at the moment with existing teams being allowed to remain where they are?

So that means Rothes, Lossie, Elgin City, Forres Mechanics, Nairn County and Strathspey Thistle are all in NCL territory in addition to Fort William, Clach, ICT, Ross County, Brora Rangers and Wick Academy. Makes sense in North of Scotland FA terms. In junior terms it would be Nairn St Ninian, Forres Thistle, New Elgin and Burghead Thistle but they would presumably get grandfathered in where they are. Think Spey Valley United might be on the other side of the Spey.

Sounds like Tain St Duthus aren't too thrilled about Dundee and Angus suddenly being part of the equation because their chances of making it through a promotion playoff have just plummeted. Was always obvious that Tayside were assumed to be going elsewhere in that context.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

10 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

It kind of fits with the North of Scotland FA and Aberdeenshire FA boundary (although the North of Scotland FA is a separate organisation to the North Caledonian FA). It's related to the old Banffshire county border.

The NCL clubs will be happy that the league has a secure future and should have a sustainable amount of clubs in it going forward.

Carnoustie Panmure have put out a statement around the news.

https://www.thegowfers.com/club-to-be-part-of-the-scottish-football-pyramid/

Yesterday was a big day for Carnoustie Panmure Football Club, whilst our plans for a statue outside Laing Park were a not so elaborate April Fool, the announcement last night from the Scottish Junior FA and the East Region was a major move forward for the region and the football club.

I have made no secret that I was a fan of the Scottish football pyramid and the opportunities that it can bring, that was the way the club voted 3 years ago. However, the avenues for clubs north of the Tay appeared closed for a number of reasons, in my opinion, people playing politics.

As a football supporter you are not aware of the games played off the park but you can believe me when I say its far from a laugh a minute it is hard work and at times it is very easy to get disillusioned with the political games played and as such I would personally like to thank our Region General Secretary  John Reilly and President Marc Stanton for their efforts.

There is still work to be done before we join the pyramid, however, it is looking really positive and likely that we will be in place for the 2021/22 season.

Should all the paperwork etc be completed then we will enter the pyramid alongside the North Region Juniors (East of the River Spey) and North Caledonian League (West of the River Spey), in a rebranded Midland League. The winners of each league will be in a play off for the chance to take on the club that finishes bottom of the Highland League for a place in the higher league.

However, to be eligible for promotion then clubs will need to comply with Highland League rules of which having an SFA Licence is the major part. To obtain a licence there are a number of criteria that we would need to comply and we have already started working on these to ascertain what we need to do. Andy Finlay has been looking at the Licencing requirements and making a start on several of the policies that need to be adopted and agreed as well as the improvement to facilities that we would need to carry out. We are in the position where the new policies are written and we will be obtaining advice on their suitability in the near future.

The physical changes we will need to make to Laing Park are a different story and we will be making a plan for these in a near future but we anticipate that these will take a while to complete.

Whilst obtaining the licence is a project that will take a while, we don’t believe it is beyond us and we would hope to be in a position off the park to be able to take advantage of any opportunity that is available to us from the efforts of the squad on the park in the medium term.

As already mentioned, yesterday was a big day for the club and the region and we are delighted to be part of it.

All we need now is football back, hopefully, that will come fairly shortly.

Mark Johnson

General Manager

Carnoustie Panmure FC

Coupar Angus Facebook:

EXCITING TIMES AHEAD 🔴⚫️🔴
We are still working away at the club and the boys have been back a few weeks for non contact training.
We hope you are all well and keeping safe and we still can’t wait to welcome you all back when it’s safe to do so.
An announcement which was confirmed today in the below statement which has been in the pipeline for a while.
CAJFC are in full support of this move to Teir 6 and hope it all goes to plan for starting in season 2021/2022!
We would also like to add that due to the 2020/2021 season now being null and void all player sponsorships will be transferred to next season.
We hope to get back to seeing you all at Foxhall Park as soon as it’s allowed. #mtc 🔴⚫️🔴