Election 2021 Debates

sophia

Is Ross the worst leader the Scottish Conservatives have ever had?  I think everyone would be in agreement that Davidson was far more effective but is he worse than Wacko Jacko Carlaw?  Unbelievably I think he is.  In-fact I think even Goldie had a bit more going for her.  This is absolute car crash stuff.

Edited by Highland Capital

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

Is Ross the worst leader the Scottish Conservatives have ever had?  I think everyone would be in agreement that Davidson was far more effective but is he worse than Wacko Jacko Carlaw?  Unbelievably I think he is.  In-fact I think even Goldie had a bit more going for her.  This is absolute car crash stuff.

Goldie had a shred of dignity.

2 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Who fell out with their family after the 2014 referendum? Why do they keep saying this. I don't know anyone who has.

Must be a few nutters out there who did. Who cares. 

Patrick Harvie saying positive improvement in the current circumstances is impossible 5 minutes after spelling out all the positive improvements you can get from voting green in the current circumstances  was bizarre. 

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

Dross should've fronted up and said "yes, I voted against equal marriage"

Some of his grubby constituency would've cheered then and they'd cheer now.

You were lecturing folk the other day for not backing Fergus Ewing.

Sarwar was decent in the first two but had a bit of a nightmare tonight. The rest were much of the same as the other debates, probably Sturgeon’s best showing tonight of the 3. 

I’m not sure how much (if any) these debates matter though. It is quite fun to have a wee laugh at them all arguing tbf 

53 minutes ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

Sarwar was decent in the first two but had a bit of a nightmare tonight. The rest were much of the same as the other debates, probably Sturgeon’s best showing tonight of the 3. 

I’m not sure how much (if any) these debates matter though. It is quite fun to have a wee laugh at them all arguing tbf 

That’s what I thought. I was really warming to Sarwar, but he was woeful tonight. Harvie was grim and exposed yet again as being Nicola’s errand boy. 
As for Douglas Ross........wow! A thoroughly odious man. He’s only relevant and getting votes because Scottish politics is now a binary scenario. 

Didn't enjoy the debates to many of them speaking over each other. I thought Krishnan Guru-Murthy could have controlled that better although did ask all the leaders tough questions. I thought Sturgeon won that one and the performance of Douglas Ross was so bad that I believe he won't last long as Scottish Tories leader. 

Edited by betting competition

21 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I was watching the Diamonds tonight which was a bit of a sweat. I did record Ch 4 so is it worthwhile watching? Apologies for my priorities tonight.

Get it watched.

There's a moment, just after DRoss makes a fool of himself (I can't remember which instance) where there is a camera long shot which captures Nicola bathed in chapel light with and I'm sure this was a trick of the staging, men small in stature to her left and to her right.

Oh and there's that moment when she rolls her eyes.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

But ... but ...  he has a wee boy and Sturgeon ... well, you know she has no children, don’t you? That’s as good as being a spinster or a witch to good, God-fearing, gypsy-hating, line-running family men. 

I was watching the Diamonds tonight which was a bit of a sweat. I did record Ch 4 so is it worthwhile watching? Apologies for my priorities tonight.
Wasn't great, Nicola probably topped it. What I would say is that the First Minister looked like a credible leader with the rest just bickering like school kids. Will do absolutely nothing to change the minds of anyone