Election 2021 Debates

sophia

58 minutes ago, wirez said:

Still it was very tame. Salmond in there would have livened it up immensely.

I mean come on. Who the f**k really wants to know what Willie Rennie is thinking?

I dunno. I think a look at his thoughts could be entertaining. I imagine it'd look like Father Dougal's "DREAMS/REALITY" thoughts. 

Bit of a non-event in terms of scenes. Probably the sign of a proper debate for once tbh.

Thought Sarwar once again completely strolled it, Harvie and Sturgeon not a million miles behind but Sturgeon is noticably playing it safe.

Rennie was horrendous and DRoss, to be fair to him, dodged a couple of enslaughts but still managed to have a mare.

3 hours ago, The Golden God said:

One of the worst things about politics Twitter is folk posting these videos of politicians (usually on PMQs or FMQs) asking questions, but then cutting it before you see the answer.

13 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

What you maybe missed is that Ross in his roundup ignored his constituency candidates and asked voters to vote for list conservatives.

That smells like defeatism.

Just trying to keep the score down at this point.

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

One of the worst things about politics Twitter is folk posting these videos of politicians (usually on PMQs or FMQs) asking questions, but then cutting it before you see the answer.

Not so very long all politicians were virtually untouchable and beyond access for the general population, yes there were elections where they would appear in halls but these were carefully orchestrated by their agents and the audience would mostly comprise of party members, journalists and TV interviewers would conduct interviews with politicians on a softly softly cloying and patronising manner, the one exception was Robin Day who built his career on aggressive interviewing, however they avoided him like the plague.

So, for me social media has done wonders to make politicians aware that the public are watching and will comment rightly or wrongly on their actions and policies, the greatest bonus of this social change is that politicians in all positions, high and low, no longer talk down to us as if we were children and they know best, a prime example was PM McMillan in a speech telling us, 'Youve never had it so Good'), now politicians know they have to connect with us or it's adios.

We have every right to use social media platforms to voice our opinion.

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

None of that has anything to do with my point. I'm simply frustrated at the amount of people (and this includes political parties) who don't include the response to the question in their clips.

Agreed. Asking a difficult question is not itself a slam-dunk. See: Robinson, Nick, c.2014

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

None of that has anything to do with my point. I'm simply frustrated at the amount of people (and this includes political parties) who don't include the response to the question in their clips.

Have you ever known any politician give a direct and correct answer to a question?

32 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Have you ever known any politician give a direct and correct answer to a question?

I wouldn't know what answer Douglas Ross gave here because I didn't see it - I would have liked to have seen him squirm.

• 2 weeks later...