Election 2021 Debates

sophia

Sarwar has absolutely strolled this even managing to fit in an epic telt to DRoss.

Telling him to 'grow up' and putting him in his place was just perfection.

Labour might not be the irrelevence long term if he continues to get that sort of message across.

On the whole I think fair to say Ross had a poor performance, Sarwar exceeded expectations, Sturgeon was possibly slightly below par and the other two were essentially anonymous.
Sarwar has done what a lot of people have been saying for ages needed to be done - stop fucking cosying up to the Tories in Scotland.

Dross continually looking for honors from sarwar, and sarwar just telling him to feck off. Sarwar knows they can't eat into SNP votes unless they change stance on the constitutional question, so they have eventually woke up to compete for Tory votes. Great for SNP as it will just split the unionist vote more [emoji106]

I'm 10 minutes behind so haven't read the thread yet but by God I hope they ask Stewart what he has to say, poor man has had his hand raised from the start, started with his right, went to the left and now is deploying the supporting the left hand with the right. 

The imperialist guy was quite a gammon eh? 

Yep you can tell Sarwar wants out of the union. He doesn’t want Tory rule in Scotland as much as any SNP voters don’t.

Edited by TheScarf

The problem for Sarwar is that many of those most impressed by his performance and especially his criticism of Ross might change their view of him slightly but still won't actually vote for him. Ross was rubbish, but all he cares about is getting the hard unionist vote out and hoping it's enough to keep the Tories in second place. 

I'm SNP and Independence through and through but tonight Anas Sarwar was head and shoulders above the rest, I can easily see him garnering votes on his performance tonight and putting labour as the opposition with the tories third.

Nicola was off colour and looked tired but she did Ok and I thought Lorna Slater well and she will garner a lot of young voting green.

Willie was just Being oor Wee Willie Winkie, his Mam must be affy proud of him.

It was a total disaster for Douglas Ross, no doubt he will retain the staunch tory vote but Sarwar reduced him to a liittle playground bully at the end, as predicted from get go he prattled on and on about referendums  and Independence on attack after attack without laying out tory policies. For too long Ross has politically stayed in the shadows thinking  this was his recipe for political longevity, now that he is in the limelight as tory leader he has been shown to be the ineffectual politician that he is.

Well done Sarwar.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Hearing some of you watched rehearsed political debates instead of Raith Rovers v Dunfermline and Qatar v Ireland? Odd behaviour but okay

Watch it on catch up and see Dross act out the tragedy of Willie Donachie and Jim Blyth through the medium of politics

From my brother :

"#BBCLeadersDebate here’s a quick tally of how often some words were used by leader:

Independence - SNP 4, Green 0, Con 6, Lab 2, Lib Dem 2

Divisive - SNP 0, Green 0, Con 7, Lab 2, Lib Dem 4

Referendum - SNP 1, Green 1, Con 14, Lab 5, Lib Dem 1

Who’s obsessed?"

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm SNP and Independence through and through but tonight Anas Sarwar was head and shoulders above the rest, I can easily see him garnering votes on his performance tonight and putting labour as the opposition with the tories third.

Nicola was off colour and looked tired but she did Ok and I thought Lorna Slater well and she will garner a lot of young voting green.

Willie was just Being oor Wee Willie Winkie, his Mam must be affy proud of him.

It was a total disaster for Douglas Ross, no doubt he will retain the staunch tory vote but Sarwar reduced him to a liittle playground bully at the end, as predicted from get go he prattled on and on about referendums  and Independence on attack after attack without laying out tory policies. For too long Ross has politically stayed in the shadows thinking  this was his recipe for political longevity, now that he is in the limelight as tory leader he has been shown to be the ineffectual politician that he is.

Well done Sarwar.

To be fair Anas didn't have to do too much when DRoss catastrophically and against the spirit of the occasion turned a complete dolly of a question on being nice into snp bad.

I really do hope that the tolies have a Malcolm Tucker that is presently going full expletive on him.

In the context of this election, I don't really know how he can recover from this. 

All he has left is the staunch and greedy twenty.