Election 2021 Debates

sophia

The BBC kicks off the debate season at19:50 tonight and Sarah Smith takes the duties as independent moderator.

I'm very excited to see the various interactions and particularly the performance of Moray Ross who is making his debut at this level.

Anas Sarwar has acquitted himself well in his short time as Labour leader and I expect him to communicate effectively. He, along with Willie Rennie, will be relieved that Lorna Slater rather than the chief telt disher outer is representing the Greens. 

Nicola Sturgeon has gained a reputation as a fierce competitor and how she plays this will be intriguing.

There are sure to be hot topics up for debate and high amongst them must shirley be the dualling of the A77.

Feel free to share respectful observations.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I'll give it 5 mins until the Yoons start whining on about the Salmond enquiry. 

At that point I'll switch over. Like many other people I suspect. 

The BBC kicks off the debate season at19:50 tonight and Sarah Smith takes the duties as independent moderator.
I'm very excited to see the various interactions and particularly the performance of Moray Ross who is making his debut at this level.
Anas Sarwar has acquitted himself well in his short time as Labour leader and I expect him to communicate effectively. He, along with Willie Rennie, will be relieved that Lorna Slater rather than the chief telt disher outer is representing the Greens. 
Nicola Sturgeon has gained a reputation as a fierce competitor and how she plays this will be intriguing.
There are sure to be hot topics up for debate and high amongst them must shirley be the dualling of the A77.
Feel free to share respectful observations.
Independent?

Aye right.

Is anyone really interested in these rabbles anymore, you get a better debate with 4 drunk guys in the pub. 

Edited by ayrmad

In all seriousness it would be an absolute mistake for the unionist parties to bring up the salmond stuff and independence referendum. If they are truly to advance their cause in Scotland they need to discuss their own policies in a coherent way and how these would improve current living conditions in Scotland. In hindsight I believe its impossible to advance their cause anyway due to constitutional questions but attacking Sturgeon is not the way to do it.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'll give it 5 mins until the Yoons start whining on about the Salmond enquiry. 

At that point I'll switch over. Like many other people I suspect. 

Spot on.

And without doubt they will bring in Salmond's new party as soon as.

Douglas Ross had a terrible reputation as a nasty wee man in debates when he was a Moray councilor, he likes throwing personal barbs and insults.

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Sarah Smith just assured me on BBC telly that she will ensure that tonight's debate will be about issues and policies and not the recent 'psychodramas'.  Total respect to her; no-one did more to hose petrol onto the psychodrama bonfire than she.

Will she be wearing a Labour badge?

27 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

In all seriousness it would be an absolute mistake for the unionist parties to bring up the salmond stuff and independence referendum. If they are truly to advance their cause in Scotland they need to discuss their own policies in a coherent way and how these would improve current living conditions in Scotland. In hindsight I believe its impossible to advance their cause anyway due to constitutional questions but attacking Sturgeon is not the way to do it.

You're right on the tories needing to promote their own policies, but they won't as they thrive on mud slinging.

Sarah Smith just assured me on BBC telly that she will ensure that tonight's debate will be about issues and policies and not the recent 'psychodramas'.  Total respect to her; no-one did more to hose petrol onto the psychodrama bonfire than she.
When's Smith's apology?

Spot on.
And without doubt they will bring in Salmond's new party as soon as.
Douglas Ross had a terrible reputation as a nasty wee man in debates when he was a Moray councilor, he likes throwing personal barbs and insults.
They can't have it both ways - Alex is perv but Alex is a bastion of truth.

They couldn't help themselves at the enquiry and will try and do both.