The Binos v The Warriors

Local Derby on Tuesday night at Forthbank when the we entertain Stenny.

After the disappointment of Saturday when we drew with Elgin City after going in front it’s back to Forthbank to face a Stenny side beaten last time out. We need to win this game to keep up our challenge to finish in the top 5 before the spilt to decide who goes on to win the League and the 3 playoff places.

Prediction Binos 2 Warriors 1 [emoji3]

After Saturday's defeat at Edinburgh City, I'm going into this with low expectations. Lose tonight and we can pretty much write off any hopes we had of finishing in the top four - if you're serious about promotion, you have to beat Edinburgh and Stirling Albion and the like.

I'm not sure what changes David Irons will make for this game but Creag Little will probably be suspended after his red card at the weekend, meaning Adam Corbett will return at centre-back; Andy Ryan will fancy his chances against him. Will we persist with the back three or revert to a back four? Will there be any changes made in attack? Who knows!

I've already purchased my stream for the game and I'm looking forward to it, weirdly. I watched Stirling Albion's game with Arbroath in the League Cup at the beginning of the season and was impressed by their output, so I imagine it's improved since then. I liked the cut of Ben McAdam's jib.

A point's no good to anyone, not in this weird little season, so we need to win it. Here's hoping!

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

After Saturday's defeat at Edinburgh City, I'm going into this with low expectations. Lose tonight and we can pretty much write off any hopes we had of finishing in the top four - if you're serious about promotion, you have to beat Edinburgh and Stirling Albion and the like.

I'm not sure what changes David Irons will make for this game but Creag Little will probably be suspended after his red card at the weekend, meaning Adam Corbett will return at centre-back; Andy Ryan will fancy his chances against him. Will we persist with the back three or revert to a back four? Will there be any changes made in attack? Who knows!

I've already purchased my stream for the game and I'm looking forward to it, weirdly. I watched Stirling Albion's game with Arbroath in the League Cup at the beginning of the season and was impressed by their output, so I imagine it's improved since then. I liked the cut of Ben McAdam's jib.

A point's no good to anyone, not in this weird little season, so we need to win it. Here's hoping!

I like low expectations. I hope it spreads to your dressing room.

Reality is that fans expect to much and have short memories
 SA drew on Sat, I thought there was going to be a public hanging.. 48hours later and club announces extension to management contracts.  Much back- slapping from fans. 
 Re game, we have recruited and seem to have gone continental. Rotation, suggests we are in it for the long haul. The thought of missing out on a Ochilview pie fills me with dread. But if promotion beckons I will tighten my waist band.

On  BSM and cast of thousands. Home and away fans are enjoying the professionalism of the production.  From their lofty perch, Statler and Waldorf entertain.

1 hour ago, Dumb yatt said:

I like low expectations. I hope it spreads to your dressing room.

Reality is that fans expect to much and have short memories
 SA drew on Sat, I thought there was going to be a public hanging.. 48hours later and club announces extension to management contracts.  Much back- slapping from fans. 
 Re game, we have recruited and seem to have gone continental. Rotation, suggests we are in it for the long haul. The thought of missing out on a Ochilview pie fills me with dread. But if promotion beckons I will tighten my waist band.

On  BSM and cast of thousands. Home and away fans are enjoying the professionalism of the production.  From their lofty perch, Statler and Waldorf entertain.

That's an interesting point about recruitment. Stirling Albion were able to bring in four experienced players on loan from Darvel, some of whom would walk into most part-time sides in Scotland; we've signed up a teenager from Hibernian, a centre-back from Spartans who's never played in the SPFL and a forward from Camelon Juniors we let go as a teenager. 

We've got a big squad, around 26 or 27, but I'm not 100 per cent sure the quality is there. We will find out tonight!

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

Big game for both teams, Albion have to win to keep in touch with Queens Park whom we face on Saturday, failure to win against a team below us could have a knock on effect to the remaining games.
Stenny need to win to keep in touch with the teams above them fail to get anything tonight and it’s going to be an uphill battle to get into top 5 for the spilt.
Stand by my prediction expect The Binos to win tonight, it will be close but think we should have enough to get all 3 points.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Interesting to hear this match being described by the match commentators as a derby - I've never thought of Stirling Albion as a rival side! I've always just seen them as a side who play up the road from us.

It’s up there with Boca Juniors v River Plate. 

Got the win, deserved it in the end with our play in the 2nd half, should have scored more but we just seem to be grinding out the results at the moment. With Elgin, Edinburgh and Queens winning tonight we are still in 3rd spot on goal difference from City with a game in hand. Next up Queens away and it’s going to be tough especially without Andy Ryan by the looks of it, still let’s hope whoever steps into Ryan’s place does the business for us.

Just now, BinoBalls said:

It’s up there with Boca Juniors v River Plate. 

It certainly was the way the two commentators were going on about it!

I think Stenhousemuir can forget about getting into the top four after this evening. The seven-point gap from Stranraer in fifth place is too much to make up and I do not think this team has the quality or the consistency to come close to overcoming it. Tonight's match was desperately poor but Stirling Albion were the better side throughout, winning their battles and creating more chances. Other than a Botti Biabi cross that Mark McGuigan almost latched onto, I can't remember us fashioning anything worthwhile.

We looked stodgy and unimaginative and on the rare occasions we got on the ball, the passing was rushed forward with no thought. I'm not 100 per cent sure what formation we were playing but I don't think it suited us. Was it a 4-3-3? I didn't realise Thomas Collins was playing until he was substituted. I don't know what Tam Muir was red carded for.

After the dreck of last season I was hopeful we'd at least put together something worthwhile this year but it's been just as bad.

Just watched the highlights and we were really poor not creating anything of note.  The goal we lost was poor, no one tracking the Albion players into the box.  Happened a lot in the first half that no one seemed close to some of their players.

The sending off was an absolute joke. Supposedly for stamping on the keeper. It certainly looked a complete accident and Muir put up his hand to apologise immediately. I did not realise that it was the same referee as we had on Saturday and it could easily be implied that he was carrying a chip on his shoulder after some of the comments made after City game.

Cup tie on Saturday - realistically our chances of winning it are slim so I would have no hesitation in resting most of the squad and if we take a hiding so be it.

Why? Kilmarnock game is our only meaningful game between now and the end of the season surely have to play what is perceived to be our strongest team.

4th place is long gone and we are not going to finish last so the league campaign will just fizzle out and can be used to rotate and give boys a chance of contracts for next season.

Time to reset over the close season and forget this season ever happened, in more ways than one.

20 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Why? Kilmarnock game is our only meaningful game between now and the end of the season surely have to play what is perceived to be our strongest team.

4th place is long gone and we are not going to finish last so the league campaign will just fizzle out and can be used to rotate and give boys a chance of contracts for next season.

Time to reset over the close season and forget this season ever happened, in more ways than one.

Fair point - when you look at the table the 7 point gap to catch Stranraer and Elgin now looks a distant hope. Initially though we were closer to them hence the rest the team comment.

Interesting to hear this match being described by the match commentators as a derby - I've never thought of Stirling Albion as a rival side! I've always just seen them as a side who play up the road from us.

I don’t think anyone from either club classes this as a derby, I tend to find that it is outsiders looking in, seeing the locations of both clubs and classing it as that. It was the same with Stirling v Clyde, nonsense, the derby is Alloa. Nothing more than jurnos trying to build a wee bit of hype.

Didn’t see the game last night as I was working late, but happy with the score. The season has simply become one to get through and then take stock of where you are. The win keeps us in that Play Off spot and gotta be happy with another clean sheet.

17 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

Oh well, looks like we'll need to liven the big Forth Valley derby up next season.  Let's arrange a ruck outside Larbert train station and some pyrotechnics at the game to mark the next hate-fuelled occasion.

Don't count your chickens, I still harbour hopes of a League 1 Derby with our friends from Clackmannanshire next season..